Any Kung-Fu Panda nods?

76 Blood Elf Priest
We all know Blizz loves their homages and easter eggs

I'm just curious if they threw in any KFP references in this expansion for !@#$s and giggles?
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
With kids complaining that it's so much like KFP, I doubt they'd put any references in
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
I saw an arrow in the knee joke but no kun-fu panda stuff. Then again I'm not looking for that stuff, besides isn't that sorta an under-tone already in the game?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
The only reference i have seen is the same idiot on my server going "Amg why i not see furious five yet!" Every five minutes.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
I've seen one so far. One of the male Pandaren jokes says "Have a dumpling" at the end. Pretty sure that's one.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
I've remembered a second. The Temple of FIVE dawns. Furious Five.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Only seen Mulan references so far. Well, there is one guy out there somewhere named Po.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The way the panda sits down is just like Po.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
10/05/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Yoshimoto

Bit of a stretch isn't it?

I was hoping for a Jack Black cameo voiceover, but, then all the panda-haters who say its WoWfuPanda would just rage and rage more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
well the pandarian ancients are a crane, dragon(snake), tiger...and i think there was an ox in KFP2 lol
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Monk
In Game? No! due to cross licensing would be required which is expensive and unrealistic. Anything else similar to KFP, is only common in chinese folkore in which both ared based upon. Other than that, just me!
Edited by Kungfoo on 10/5/2012 2:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
99 Tauren Shaman
10/05/2012 02:36 PMPosted by Yoshimoto

that may be a bit of a stretch. Five refers to the number of elements in Chinese culture, (Water, Fire, Earth, Wood, and Metal) which is probably why both the temple and the furious five have five associated with them.
Reply Quote
25 Goblin Shaman
Isn't the fact that the world is filled with, you know, Kung Fu pandas enough of a nod?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]