wrong time remaining for BMAH items...

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
last night the boots Deepwater Greatboots was up on the BMAH, i had been keeping an eye on it and saw that the time remaining was "short" (which according to the tooltip is less than 30 min.) this was at 9:56. at around 10:38 i had to pull out of the bidding war for it due to lack of money.

can we please have a "time left" that is accurate in relation to how much time is actually left?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The auction house adds time if a bidding war starts with "short" time left, the same way a real auction would if people wanted to continue bidding on an item.
Edited by Voo on 10/3/2012 12:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
Knowing that the time is extended might discourage people from making lots of bids so could work against the seller.
Reply Quote
I've experienced opposite where I was watching an item that still had "Long" time left (after it was "Very Long" for several days) and it was already over by the time I got back to a computer 5 hours later.

I had to chalk it up there to "BMAH does this stuff on purpose".
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I've experienced opposite where I was watching an item that still had "Long" time left (after it was "Very Long" for several days) and it was already over by the time I got back to a computer 5 hours later.

I had to chalk it up there to "BMAH does this stuff on purpose".

Long is 2-12 hours if I remember. If you were gone for 5, then you had a 3hr window the item could of sold.

And as others have said, the time remaining increases when someone bids on an item. I also believe that it bypasses the normal 48hr max time rule. Its put up with a random amount of time (we had an item up for over 3 days).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]