RP guilds and you.

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/03/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Systar
An Undead guild where everyone RPs as mindless zombies.

Golden. Original. Someone needs to do it!

I love brainstorming.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Nah, wouldn't make it exclusive by race. Did that before, and while it worked-it limited us greatly on the potential pool of members. I'd want the concept to limit the amount of !@#$ing blood elves, though.

So basically, all races are welcome if they fit the concept. Which has yet to be created, it's all hypothetical right now.

Create an alliance guild based around the collection and preservation of the culture of the various alliance races.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

I'd love to see paranormal or adventure/exploration guilds.

Constantine / Ghost Busters cross-over RP when?

Sign me up.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
10/03/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Ethelorne
An Undead guild where everyone RPs as mindless zombies.

Golden. Original. Someone needs to do it!

I love brainstorming.

So here's the plan. Day of the Dead. We do a server-wide RP where an evil necromancer as risen all of the buried Alliance in the Stormwind cemetery. I will DM the event, but it will be open to anyone to play zombie or victim. The zombies are alive for one full day and Stormwind must defend themselves against the onslaught. When Day of the Dead is over, all the remaining zombies go back to their graves like nothing happened.

I'd love to see paranormal or adventure/exploration guilds.

Constantine / Ghost Busters cross-over RP when?

Sign me up.

Been looking for this RP for a while on my ghost hunter paladin.

Would you also be open to a ghost-pirate paranormal RP? You will never experience pirate ghosts the same. Ever. Again. I can show you the world.

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a ghost pirate ship ride
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Something a tad more...dare I use the word, serious? would be of interest to me. Not that Ghost Hunting couldn't be fun, sure, but...

Not my cup o' tea.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Something a tad more...dare I use the word, serious? would be of interest to me. Not that Ghost Hunting couldn't be fun, sure, but...

Not my cup o' tea.

This ain' your ma and pa's campy ghost huntin', son.

I'm talking about the real horror stories here.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Not my cup o' tea.

She was joking. I personally think that an interesting idea would be a love-craftian inspired guild (Dealing with the Old Gods and their apparitions) but one that also has a large amount of doctrine, and a religious purpose being a cult. You could base it loosely off the hermetic order of the Golden Dawn, purely in terms of structure.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thought so, but sarcasm can be lost in translation from tone to text. Must be certain! :D

Cults...perhaps. But we just had the whole Twilight's Hammer thing, so most are burned out on "OLD GODS YEAH", for reasons I can understand.

It's tough to come up with good concepts.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior

Not my cup o' tea.

She was joking. I personally think that an interesting idea would be a love-craftian inspired guild (Dealing with the Old Gods and their apparitions) but one that also has a large amount of doctrine, and a religious purpose being a cult. You could base it loosely off the hermetic order of the Golden Dawn, purely in terms of structure.

I actually wasn't joking. There are all sorts of different ghosts, shades, and demons that would make amazingly great horror and hunting roleplaying. Playing with ghosts on Systar is the best, most fun, roleplaying I've ever done. It's very serious and very exciting. There are some amazing things you can do with mixing lore and creativity in that genre of roleplay. I am very surprised so many don't do this.

Like I said before, Cult/Church of the Lady Road was "Love-craftian". It was led by a great GM and roleplayer, I'm not sure if it's still around. On that note, I would love to see some Old God roleplay. Not cult, though. I would like to see a band of adventurers and treasure hunters come across some sort of ridiculously powerful Old God site or relic. THAT would be really cool.
Reply Quote

omg paranormal cult. Yesssssssssss.

I read this and all I could think of was:

<Ghost Adventures Crew> as a guild.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I actually wasn't joking. There are all sorts of different ghosts, shades, and demons that would make amazingly great horror and hunting roleplaying. Playing with ghosts on Systar is the best, most fun, roleplaying I've ever done. It's very serious and very exciting. There are some amazing things you can do with mixing lore and creativity in that genre of roleplay. I am very surprised so many don't do this.

Like I said before, Cult/Church of the Lady Road was "Love-craftian". It was led by a great GM and roleplayer, I'm not sure if it's still around. On that note, I would love to see some Old God roleplay. Not cult, though. I would like to see a band of adventurers and treasure hunters come across some sort of ridiculously powerful Old God site or relic. THAT would be really cool.

Oh yeah, but I thought you were being a bit silly with it all, even if you liked the ghost stuff. I agree that it could be fun to play around with that sort of stuff, though.

Thought so, but sarcasm can be lost in translation from tone to text. Must be certain! :D

Cults...perhaps. But we just had the whole Twilight's Hammer thing, so most are burned out on "OLD GODS YEAH", for reasons I can understand.

It's tough to come up with good concepts.

I don't think so, personally. We -do- have the sha in Pandaria and all, even if they're not explicitly linked to the Old Gods for our characters they can certainly be used for a cult.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I can be silly and serious at the same time, gosh.

I'm not just always making this face.
<------
Oh wait, I am.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Again, I'm on now if anyone wants to brainstorm/find me in game.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
Needs more Alliance affiliated Blood Elves.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/03/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Lericus
Again, I'm on now if anyone wants to brainstorm/find me in game.

Do you have an ally-side alt? I'd be willing to brainstorm with you on him/her, if you hop on!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I wish I could find a guild I would fit in being a human neutral to the war and a Cenarion Circle emissary..

It's easier said than done.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I wish I could find a guild I would fit in being a human neutral to the war and a Cenarion Circle emissary..

It's easier said than done.

I wish Six Nations hadn't have fallen apart so quickly. :/
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
How did this slip my mind before?

Legion themed.

Not announced to the public, for obvious reason. But that has a strong basis in lore, and there are many among mortals who wish to serve or conquer the demonic for personal power...

And to attempt to prepare for the Legion's ultimate return, we could participate in the war on the Alliance with great fervor. After all, like Wrathion says...if the races do not unite, there will be little resistance when the true Legion arrives once more!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
My undead shadow priest is newly Sha-obsessed. It fits the concept of shadow magic so well, and I wish I had a home for him. He's always been a somewhat evil sumbeetch, so I have never felt comfortable in a RP guild.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm definitely going with a Legion theme. In private, at least.

The front of the guild has yet to be decided...but, obviously, some kind of pro-Horde organization that fights the Alliance.

Now I just need a name...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]