Are Enh shamans really subpar in pvp?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ive been hearing lots bad reviews about enh shaman. its either about their dmg without cooldowns not being that good or their mobility got changed around. They got buffed apparently but other classes got better buffs.

What exactly is wrong with enh shaman? Im sure they can still be good but i assume theyll need better gear than everyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Enh is squishy.

otherwise its very very good.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Enh is squishy.

otherwise its very very good.

Really? How squishy are we talking about? do the heals make up for the lack in defense? I like playing a class with some meat on their bones but enh seems really fun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Enhance and Ele did a flip flop. In cata Ele used to be the better PvE dps spec and not as good PvP, and Enh was the better PvP spec and not as great PvE.

Now Enhance is the better PvE spec and is incredibly squishy in PvP, not as much utility and only really good in 3's.

Ele is overall a great PvP spec now.

I only play melee classes. Ranged classes arent my thing. If enh shaman is "extremely squishy" then i might not want to make the commitment. I dont wanna be a glass cannon
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Omegabeast
Really? How squishy are we talking about? do the heals make up for the lack in defense? I like playing a class with some meat on their bones but enh seems really fun.

we're talking about ret pally squishiness without bubble, bop, and loh.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink

we're talking about ret pally squishiness without bubble, bop, and loh.

but with the good heals... right? can I 1v1 people? I like to 1v1
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/03/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Omegabeast
good heals... right

If by "good" you mean decent heals tied to RNG, then yes
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Omegabeast
but with the good heals... right? can I 1v1 people? I like to 1v1

yeah you can.

ret offheals are better but enh with good RNG still does very good healing.

the main squishy-ness comes from arena when you get 2 dps on you with your healer in a CC. then you go down pretty quick.
Reply Quote
29 Undead Mage
Ele is pretty much the worst caster in PvP right now, it's only advantage over boomkins right now is it's easier for Ele to play with an OP rdruid.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 05:45 PMPosted by Trystt
Ele is pretty much the worst caster in PvP right now
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ele is pretty much the worst caster in PvP right now

OH NOES!!!!

20K LAVA BURSTS!!!!

EEEK!
Edited by Grenade on 10/3/2012 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
OH NOES!!!!

20K LAVA BURSTS!!!!

EEEK!

i was wondering if my LvB were hitting for alot less than they should.. but yeah.. im only getting like 20-30k lava burst.

It would REALLY help the spec if those were doing 60-70k. I dont even think that would be overpowered. it would probably just be about balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
It would REALLY help the spec if those were doing 60-70k

The forums would flood with the tears of the 1% of people who died from a shaman on a lucky proc streak.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Enh squishyness is akin to wearing cloth armor........without shields.........while stunned......

enh are way too easily shut down now. even when we pop Ascendance, either stun, disarm, fear and we are sitting on our thumbs.

don't even get me started on capacitor stun compared to other classes.

a 5s skill shot stun that anyone will instantly trinket out of if the got the bad luck of not moving forward 2ft. a speced pally now has 2 stuns on diff DR and a 5s blind.

also the healing storm glyph is mandatory if you ever heal yourself and even then it sucks.

oh btw, remember why blizz removed cleansing totem? to make players less mindless about it? why do priests need a fearing totem?
Edited by Shimorai on 10/3/2012 9:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Yeah, really not feeling good about Enh at all this season. I'm getting globalled even with Astral shift and SR up. Might level my Pally or Dk.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
You can sum up Enhancement PvP in a few words: Be skilled, try hard, and achieve mediocre success.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
LB
To those who think you can be disarmed and not attack... shame...

Ascendance overrides disarms... if you're disarmed, Ascend, you can attack with Stormblast and Auto Attacks still.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
LB
I have had no major difficulties with my ENH shaman... the only time I feel we cannot shiine is during a stun, but hey... that's like... every other class excluding mage, paladin, and DK (who can blink/bubble/icebound fortitude out of stuns respectively). Catching targets is easy now too even when we're slowed. Frozen Power + Unleashed Fury + Jumps to Ghost Wolf = You're not escaping me.

In my experiences my toughest customers have been Death Knights since a majority of our damage is Nature or Fire they just soak it up with AMS the rat bastards!

Stuns are the biggest problems, but otherwise we're HIGHLY effective and go GREAT with everything. Double Purge is destructive against spellc asters, they never have shields anymore PLUS we get to wipe the free casts they get or reduced cast times so we force them to use max cast times/max mana costs for abilities, druids never get to stack anything on themselves anymore. !@#$ mages dont' even get icy veins when i'm around.

The lack of burst heals now also is b/c we have strong passive healing cooldowns. Although wolves got the slgiht nerf for healing, wolves in conjunction with healing stream totem (which mines been crit healing well over 10K) plus while sitting in a healing rain (Someitmes I use conductivity) I'm pretty much unkillable...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]