Petition: Bring Back the Quiver!

(Locked)

90 Orc Hunter
So I have an offhand slot...it's empty...I'm not saying make the quiver a bag like old school WoW days but a stat stick item that fills in my offhand slot...otherwise what purpose does that slow have?

A quiver would be badass in that slot with just some extra stats...a cool diagonal animation across the back to compliment my bow would also look awesome...would make me feel like the old days when i felt like a hunter.

Just saying...

Long live the Quiver!
Edited by Crucìfer on 10/3/2012 9:07 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter
Why we lost item level balancing by losing our melee weapon...I went from 372 (old item level) to 365 because I don't have a melee item anymore.

Which is silly just means anyone using multiple slots gets into heroics faster/easier due to how the game is designed.

Resolution to problem while remaining Loreable.
90 Draenei Hunter
I counter your suggestion with a suggestion for dual wielding pistols!

Ranged weapons are already one handed anyways!
89 Dwarf Hunter
I counter your suggestion with a suggestion for dual wielding pistols!

Ranged weapons are already one handed anyways!

Dwarfs would rock socks if this was possible.
90 Orc Hunter
I value your suggestion as a valid alternative option...

We can both have our ways!
90 Dwarf Hunter
I would be happy just having the quiver graphic. not sure why they took it out anyway D:
Edited by Oddstory on 10/3/2012 9:49 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'd kind of like the quiver back... still kinda neutral to the matter, however I am completely against dual wielding pistols. It's just my opinion, but I feel that dual pistols takes away from the hunter class as a whole, making us into gunslingers which I don't feel suit any spec.

Beast Mastery, master of beasts and killing from a distance while your animal wages war; Marksmanship, hides in the distance, waiting to devastate the prey from long range with heavy fire; and Survival, obliterates the foes with natural energies taken from the wilds themselves.

just my 2 cents
90 Draenei Hunter
10/03/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Eponine
No they're not, you need both hands to operate them.

A few ranged weapons I've seen have had "One-handed" in their tooltips. Doesn't change anything, but that was the joke.
Edited by Cyzen on 10/3/2012 11:08 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
Stats or not, that's a mechanics request, and that's likely not going to happen any time soon (as Eponine said very truly, they just got rid of stat sticks!) as that requires balancing and significant developer thought.

As for the graphic.. oh I would love to have it back and it wouldn't require much effort as they already have the graphics and the model sticking location (not sure what the proper term is, and for the old races anyhow).

Could be done as simply as automagically pairing a quiver look to a bow/crossbow and ammo pouch to a gun.

EDIT: oh, and /signed!!

I loved quivers, looking over old screenshots, it's missing terribly from our look now, with the removal of weapons on our backs, we look.. incomplete
Edited by Brayde on 10/3/2012 11:18 PM PDT
90 Orc Hunter

I loved quivers, looking over old screenshots, it's missing terribly from our look now, with the removal of weapons on our backs, we look.. incomplete

This, we need the graphic back. Even if its just a generic model that is colour matched to the weapon.

Mind you though, If I can get a red quiver with a horde symbol in it that would be beyond awesome.
90 Night Elf Hunter
keep the graphic, but please don't go back to needing ammo and a dedicated bag slot. Please.
86 Night Elf Hunter
please Please PLEASE give us back our quiver graphic!
90 Draenei Hunter
I would dig having the quiver graphic back when my Hunter is carrying a bow. It would be different with a gun.

I have no problem with the idea of a Hunter wielding dual pistols. I wouldn't do it myself. But I don't see any reason why another Hunter couldn't choose that option. I think it would be something of a nice novelty to have a gunslinger sub-class.

On another side, my warrior misses her bow terribly. Dead useful for pulling a single mob.
90 Human Hunter
Yes, please bring back my quivers! Nothing looks better on a hunter than a quiver on their back. Even if it's just cosmetic. The art is already there. Bring back quivers!!!!
87 Pandaren Hunter
Bring them back
90 Night Elf Hunter
Long live the quiver!!!!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200053378#1

Bump!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]