frost bomb discussion (pvp)

90 Blood Elf Mage
i just wanted to make this post to see what every one else thinks about this new talent

my thought is, we are way to relient on it and it also needs frozen target to do good damage

way to awkward and hard to set up

i wish it benefited from fingers of frost
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I much rather shatter combo then frost bomb someone that is for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
i really think they need to make frost bolt a 1.5 second base line cast

its way to weak and cast time is way to long for the set up it requires

oh and i really dont care what happends to pve screw them all becauase this is the result of pve frost
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
it would be nice if it benefited from fingers of frost (no + damage, but only used charge if not frozen already). It would probably be too strong that way. We already have 3 freezes (4 with lockjaw/ RoF) we can use to ensure it lands frozen.

It has excellent synergy with polymorph. It gives us a lot of incentive to 'reset the fight' and open up strong.

Not that I've had smashing success, I'm bad at pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
well the thing is when theres an unstoppable killing machines like warrior on you trying to kill you it gets really hard to set up anything

now adays they seem to break roots every time all their abilities breaks cc and on top of that they have a dispeller is gg

not to mention even if you do get them down to maibe 10% hp they will jus heal them selves back up to 35% and never die
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I brought up my issues with Frost Bomb prior to the expansion. With the new abilities and talents this only amplified my main problems with it. I chose NT and i still stick by it.
Reply Quote
Bomb's damage needs to be toned down, while frostbolt's damage needs to be buffed significantly.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'd probably use NT over it in pvp if it wasn't for that blasted sound effect loop bug nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/04/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Xkevster
I much rather shatter combo then frost bomb someone that is for sure.

true but frost bomb is TOO STRONK
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
well the thing is when theres an unstoppable killing machines like warrior on you trying to kill you it gets really hard to set up anything

now adays they seem to break roots every time all their abilities breaks cc and on top of that they have a dispeller is gg

not to mention even if you do get them down to maibe 10% hp they will jus heal them selves back up to 35% and never die

if you see a warrior with a healer just run

there is no reason to try and take them both on
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/04/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Xiun
Bomb's damage needs to be toned down, while frostbolt's damage needs to be buffed significantly.

This would break frost in PvE. I think frostbolt base cast should be reduced and damage adjusted accordingly. Frostbomb should do half of it's damage at the end of four seconds and the remainder over the duration of the cd. This may slighly nerf trash aoe dps but that shouldn't be the major concern anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Frost bombs damage seems very sporadic.

Sometimes it crits in a DF for 89k other times it crits in a DF against the same target (me) with Xiun having the same buffs present for 29k.

WHY.
Reply Quote
How would moving damage from bomb to frostbolt hurt dps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Because all bombs have to perform equal dps. So a fire mage using frostbomb would now do less dps than if he used living bomb. Any change to frostbomb would have to be dps neutral to that spell specifically to not unbalance pve specs.

@JK- I have not had a frostbomb crit for less than 50k in days if the target was frozen.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Frost bomb does far too much damage against a frozen target. My druid, who is admittedly only in half honor gear, got crit for 130,000 the other day. Seeing as how frost bomb is what, a ~sevenish second cd with haste, you have a chance to be destroyed every 7 seconds.

Sure, you can dispel the bomb or shift the incoming nova and survive, but that's only going to work until deep freeze comes up, assuming they don't have the glyph and that you can shift a nova.

On the flip side, I found a mage who was trying to play frost like a wrath mage, and I could tank his damage forever. He never even used frost bomb, and hit like a feather.

The huge burst needs to be evened out with the low sustained damage because it's simply too easy to global someone. Anyone around less than 200k HP is essentially in frost bomb execute range when you factor in the FFB.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
Because all bombs have to perform equal dps. So a fire mage using frostbomb would now do less dps than if he used living bomb. Any change to frostbomb would have to be dps neutral to that spell specifically to not unbalance pve specs.

@JK- I have not had a frostbomb crit for less than 50k in days if the target was frozen.

And on the flip side, the Frost Mage could take his newly-buffed Frostbolt, spec NT or LB, and now his DPS is too high.
Reply Quote
my ice lances on unfrozen targets, no FoF = 297 damage. WOOHOO!!!!

ITT - how is it hard to set up? start with bomb - freeze - deep - iceflows+trinket - FB (bomb detonates) - FB - (FB) - ice lance off your FoFs.

at the currently gearing, most people are well below 50% after that. I took a lock down to 20% with just that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

And on the flip side, the Frost Mage could take his newly-buffed Frostbolt, spec NT or LB, and now his DPS is too high.

That's true as well.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Xiun

I like this change. Saddly though it would mess up PvE

I very much like the style of frost where we have to cast a lot more hard spells rather than Catacylsm's Spam Ice lance and shatter things deep lance lance dead gg.

Thats dull boring and cheap. The setup of Frost Bomb and the aoe slow and other things spice it up. If the damage was able to be brought down without effecting PvE it would make frost an awesome spec.
Reply Quote
I just want my frostbolt to be worth casting in pvp again, please.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]