I find it funny....

90 Human Warrior
Now don't get me wrong I totally agree to the fact that Prot warriors where doing insane amounts of damage. On average I could pull 220k with a good couple trash pulls all together. But reading over all the other classes I see the monk tank's did not receive any nerf's what so ever, this is the funny part comparing my prot dps to a monks like I said i could pretty well average 220k i've seen some monks average 300k....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I found it funny that they nerfed warrior AOE tanking abilities but didn't touch DK's.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I agree, again i'm not screaming to give us our damage back, I can still tank fine its just obviously I don't do anywhere near the damage I did before. I'm just very curious why our aoe damage was nerf'd fairly hard and yet almost no other tank classes where not touched when some of them can actually do more damage then us in the first place?
Edited by Krom on 10/4/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
Not only that, but the nerf to Deep Wounds is also going to affect our single target damage which didn't really need touched.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10/04/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Yyn
I found it funny that they nerfed warrior AOE tanking abilities but didn't touch DK's.

It is funny I just came from a thread started by a DK crying about all the damage we do now lol. Look DK, Pally, and Monk are prolly the devs three favorite classes and they will never see nerfs until it can not be avoided. Warriors have always been the devs b@st@rd children in turn if there is a nerf to be had we will prolly see it. Back in BC days doing any AOE tanking was quite hard with a warrior, and a walk in the park for a pally. We just never seem to get the same attention as other classes why I am not sure but that is how it seems to me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
[quote="67937887905"] Back in BC days doing any AOE tanking was quite hard with a warrior, and a walk in the park for a pally.

yeah and a bad geared war could out tank a well geared pally on boss fight.

If prot Pally couldn't AoE tank bether then warrior during BC you'd never seen any of them going on any raid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you look at all the gold/silver challenge mode runs, MOST of them are DK tanks. (Dk dps as well).

I'm not mad at DK's for doing so much damage, maybe that they self heal so hard, but I'll forgive their damage..but by no means did warrior tanking need a nerf.
Edited by Yyn on 10/4/2012 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You guys must know something i don't. I just ran a friend through several normal mode brewery runs and I was losing agro before i could get my revenge off. Heroic leap thunder clap, agro lost, taunting, revenge, lost agro again, intervening, shield slam pulling pack away, shockwave, thunder clap again, lost agro again. WTF is the deal here. I'm not wearing crappy greens or gemming haste here, I got 470 gear and I'm losing agro to lvl 86's and 87's in greens. I been running heroics just fine until the "hot fix" and now I can't hold agro in a normal mode dungeon ???

Look, I'm fine with nerfing the damage on revenge. but a stacking 25% loss per target? Are you serious?? 75% to each target and 100% to the primary would have sufficed, andnerfing the damage to rend makes no sense. NONE. It does not roll any more. It used to roll, and rightly so it doesn't any more. So why nerf rend at all? We need the TC rend ticks to grab initial agro to start our rotation, sacking the damage on it would be fine IF IF IF IF IF IF the threat on thunder clap is buffed enough to make up for it. I'm not saying we should be able to push three buttons and face roll to victory. I get that the "good tanks" should know thier rotations and out perform the "bad" ones, but when you are hit and exp capped and out dpsing the entire group but can't hold agro on green elites something is wrong.
Edited by Nerft on 10/4/2012 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
and another thing, why doesnt dragon roar deal threat? I tried bladestorm and dragon roar out on trash and bladestorm was abysmal fail on trash although it held up fine on the bosses, whereas dragon roar did nothing but pop up some cute numbers as the mobs ran off to hit the hunter and mage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
10/04/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Ishak
[quote]
Back in BC days doing any AOE tanking was quite hard with a warrior, and a walk in the park for a pally.

If prot Pally couldn't AoE tank bether then warrior during BC you'd never seen any of them going on any raid.

BC was about having the right tank for the right job. Bears for high damage, warriors for avoiding crushing blows, paladins for aoe. Until T6 gear, when paladins could push past CTC cap and no longer had to worry about crushing blows.
Reply Quote
Just be glad we arent prot paladins. The got Ooked in the Dooker.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Nerft
and another thing, why doesnt dragon roar deal threat? I tried bladestorm and dragon roar out on trash and bladestorm was abysmal fail on trash although it held up fine on the bosses, whereas dragon roar did nothing but pop up some cute numbers as the mobs ran off to hit the hunter and mage.

-I would never ever use "dragon roar" as a prot warrior. I am glad that we warriors now

can use "bladestorm" in tank spec, it gives us feeling we can beat Blood DK when tank and

you might think that "bladestorm" can be used for aoe aggro. I also test bladestorm out and

what I see is my warrior absorbs more damage when it's on.

-Avatar, in my opinion, is an alternative to Stormbolt, we can use it to boost more dps and

having the look of iron man, while Stormbolt come in handy to protect our group mates if

they take aggro

-I wish I could do dps as high as Blood DK, I just can't understand why Blood DK is in

Blizzard's favour so much, but whatever, I still love my warrior and I see prot warrior is in

really good form at the moment

-Because I know that I can't be a DK, so I would chose to play my prot warrior in safe way

that is more about CC and aggro effectively.

-Therefore, I would change Avatar to Shockwave if I were you. Shockwave, I believe it

can generate large threats.

-And my fella, please dont forget that, we prot warriors now can use EXECUTE, you hear me!,

EXECUTE, I believe that in your gear, you're likely can crit EXECUTE up to 250k on dungeon

mobs.

- Change it to Stormbolt or Avatar, coupled with Shockwave, finish with Execute = profit. I

would change to Bladestorm when I have more epic gear to boost dps in group.

-Look forward to your response.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/04/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Nerft
You guys must know something i don't. I just ran a friend through several normal mode brewery runs and I was losing agro before i could get my revenge off. Heroic leap thunder clap, agro lost, taunting, revenge, lost agro again, intervening, shield slam pulling pack away, shockwave, thunder clap again, lost agro again. WTF is the deal here. I'm not wearing crappy greens or gemming haste here, I got 470 gear and I'm losing agro to lvl 86's and 87's in greens. I been running heroics just fine until the "hot fix" and now I can't hold agro in a normal mode dungeon ???

Either you're doing it completely wrong, or you're in battle stance, which would be doing it completely wrong. I can tank heroics completely fine and still pump out good dps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
[quote] Back in BC days doing any AOE tanking was quite hard with a warrior, and a walk in the park for a pally.

Not for anything but I see not 1 BC raid achievement in your profile. So I must wonder if you have ever done any. Also, as I use to run with a Pally tank, quite often, I don't entirely agree with what you said. During BC days the only real use for a warrior tank was single target tanking, but to get through the dungeons to progress you could only bring one tank, and all did require AOE tanking. Which as a warrior it involved a lot of target switching. As far as crushing blows warriors did have it better than pallys until they where able to get geared up for def cap later on. If I am remembering right, warriors also had one more oh sh@t button than pally's did.
Edited by Hakubal on 10/6/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If you look at all the gold/silver challenge mode runs, MOST of them are DK tanks. (Dk dps as well).

I'm not mad at DK's for doing so much damage, maybe that they self heal so hard, but I'll forgive their damage..but by no means did warrior tanking need a nerf.

They are done by DK's cause of army of the dead. That is it. Its the best CD for challenge modes atm.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

It is funny I just came from a thread started by a DK crying about all the damage we do now lol. Look DK, Pally, and Monk are prolly the devs three favorite classes and they will never see nerfs until it can not be avoided. Warriors have always been the devs b@st@rd children in turn if there is a nerf to be had we will prolly see it. Back in BC days doing any AOE tanking was quite hard with a warrior, and a walk in the park for a pally. We just never seem to get the same attention as other classes why I am not sure but that is how it seems to me.

Prot pally damage now is laughable so not really sure what you're talking about.
Edited by Moogician on 10/7/2012 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Double post.
Edited by Moogician on 10/7/2012 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I'm comfortable with my dps.

I outdamage any dps that don't know how to play and those that are worse geared than i am.

I am beaten by the dps who are geared and know how to play.

The problem here are that other tank classes are doing better I guess.

I think everyone needs to be nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
No no no.
You see you have to divide the dps of the warrior by potato before equating it to France during the 30th century after subtracting the scrubs multiplied by Jersey Shore. Geology my dear Watson.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/04/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Ishak
[quote]
Back in BC days doing any AOE tanking was quite hard with a warrior, and a walk in the park for a pally.

BC was 3 expacs ago. Paladins were THE AOE tank in BC. None other even came close.

Feel free to stay misinformed and bad, though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]