Dissapointed that pet battles even exist.

90 Worgen Druid
Lol, mages.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Illucia
She was claiming all of the PvP community.

You sound so very defensive.

I didn't mean every single individual in the PvP community has a bad personality. Get over it.

You stated that.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/04/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Irocain

Blatant generalizations based on one rude individual. You must also have a stellar personality.

It isn't a generalization when it is true. I have yet to see a pvper on these forums who isn't rude and petulant and incredibly myopic about the needs and wants of the rest of the community.

It's because in order to be serious about PvP, you have to be an anti-social sociopath. Duh!

You won't ever meet a nice PvPer, because there aren't any.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/04/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Irocain

Blatant generalizations based on one rude individual. You must also have a stellar personality.

It isn't a generalization when it is true. I have yet to see a pvper on these forums who isn't rude and petulant and incredibly myopic about the needs and wants of the rest of the community.

Oh really? Who is this just below?

10/04/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Azeriakfoxy
I for one (check my armory) will never participate in "pet battles." I feel like it was a waste of resources to implement. Why do you guys add things that take the focus away from high end arena PVP? (Probably because so few people can succeed at high ratings?) Anyway. I will be boycotting pet battles, I will NEVER try them, they are mini PVP battles for people who aren't good at true PVP.

Pretty sure I've hit Gladiator.

I also enjoy pet battles from time to time.

It's okay to not like things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I despise arena, therefor your post is invalid.

*rolls eyes*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm liking just derping around. It's not about pvp -- i haven't battled anyone else. Just critters and the NPC tamers. I find it fun.

I'm sorry, I don't give a rat's behind about arenas. At all. Not even a little bit. In fact, I actively don't like arenas, because balancing for arenas screws up my PvE experience because of you whiny babies crying about a class or spec being over powered.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Well.

Bully for you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

It's because in order to be serious about PvP, you have to be an anti-social sociopath. Duh!

You won't ever meet a nice PvPer, because there aren't any.

Seriously? In order to be a PvPer I have to not have any feelings towards any family members, or empathy towards society as a whole?

You've got to be kidding me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Show me evidence of this huge portion of community that acts like him.

Let us see the hard numbers. You're just spouting nothing but generalizations using your anecdotal evidence. You're being just as ignorant as the OP by generalizing a large group of people.

These forums aren't evidence enough? Look it isn't a generalization to say pvpers on these forums act like brats when there is a forum full of pvpers acting like brats.

Because the forums are a representative of the whole?

By your same logic PvEers are just as bad, look at the incessant bashing over the rep grinds, people of both sides fighting over casuals and non-casuals.
Edited by Anarchy on 10/4/2012 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Where did I say otherwise?

I am just calling her out for making an equally pathetic statement as the OP.

Your point might carry more weight if "serious" pvpers weren't currently stamping their feet and throwing temper tantrums over how a season starts yet again.

What about the "serious" PvErs who are stamping their feet over reputation grinds?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Seriously? In order to be a PvPer I have to not have any feelings towards any family members, or empathy towards society as a whole?

Stereotypes exist for a reason. The hatred towards hardcore PvPers didn't just pop up overnight for no reason.

Hey, it sucks that you're getting generalized, but... when you hang around garbage, you start to stink.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I like waffles. Why do companies waste time and resources making pancakes. If you can’t handle the powah of waffles, you shouldn’t be eating anyway!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
She labeled all of them, she wasn't labeling "some."

Show me proof of this majority, you guys keep making these anecdotal claims.

We don't need hard proof to have an opinion, but if PvPers would be willing to take a short survey, I'll get back to you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Stereotypes exist for a reason. The hatred towards hardcore PvPers didn't just pop up overnight for no reason.

Hey, it sucks that you're getting generalized, but... when you hang around garbage, you start to stink.

Because enjoying a part of a game automatically means that I have all the same attributes as the worst members of it.

Why aren't you harping the same stereotype towards PvEers, you guys have elitists also, that constantly bash the casuals about how hard raids use to be, how easy everything is now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]