Santiaga 2012

(Locked)

100 Gnome Warrior
I started a facebook page to support Santiaga, and all gamers regardless of political affiliation.

http://www.facebook.com/warcraftstatesenator

This is not about the real person. I'm supporting gamers. So have some fun with it.
If facebook was not 0/36000 Hated with me, I would check that out.
90 Dwarf Shaman
10/06/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Kungpow
Tell that to the political strategists who thought attacking Mitt Romney for something he did in high school was a good idea...

Right, but what he did to a classmate can be construed as anti-gay bullying. It was disrespectful and harmful towards another person.

Does playing WoW inflict harm upon another person?

Like many have pointed out, just because you play a certain kind of game doesn't mean you're going to actually perform (in real life) what you're doing in the game. I love Pokemon, but doesn't mean I'm going to pull a Michael Vick.
17 Undead Warrior
They are wrong for attacking her on this, another example of how Republicans want to take away freedom as the Liberals they scream about!
Two part system is a corruption parade that sucks you in to divide, to conquer. Time to move on America.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If you cannot keep your personal and professional life separate, you ought to expect that people aren't going to take you seriously. Azeroth is a fantasy world, yet she draws more than one parallel between that and real life in her blogs. I find it disturbing, almost as much as twitter updates of other influential people.

Having said that, the fact that this is vilified as much as it is embarrassing to watch. Not that it matters. Maine is a blue state, and the rest of the dems seem just fine with her behavior, so whatever. It's not her choice of recreational activities that would make me not vote for her, but that choice makes it easier to lump her into the rest of the immature crowd.
100 Gnome Warrior
10/06/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Toristrasza
If you cannot keep your personal and professional life separate, you ought to expect that people aren't going to take you seriously. Azeroth is a fantasy world, yet she draws more than one parallel between that and real life in her blogs. I find it disturbing, almost as much as twitter updates of other influential people.
Would you have more respect for her if she instead blogged about getting the most frags in CoD, or remained at the top of the ladder in Dead or Alive 5 (using Ayane), or perhaps won a couple of Melty Blood tournaments? Games are games are games.

The way the Republicans retorted to this is kinda funny, because it made me think of whether people's forum post histories will be now dug up and used against them. We'll find out Mitt Romney was on the warrior side of the infamous Everquest server crashes, openly berating paladins and shadow knights to maintain warrior supremacy. Or maybe that Obama used to troll the Lineage II forums with the best of them. I'd laugh if either were true.
90 Orc Rogue
I sent her campaign $100, not cause she a democrat but because there's a stereotype that gamers are outcast from society, but playing this game for as long as I have, I've made many great freinds irl and online, this is bullsht! I want to know HOW many hours her Republican counterparts spends on the golf course or in some oil company private yacht or drowning puppies. see stereotypes are double edged.
As long as she's a Bill Clinton-type moderate democrat I'd vote for her. If she's liberal (more than likely) I wouldn't.

Cool she plays WoW. I know a lot of celebrity/publicly known people that do actually. Even hawt gals :-D
85 Goblin Shaman
That's what I'm thinking. Do you really want someone in the Senate who doesn't have enough brains to say the stuff she was saying online? Lack of self control and maturity it seems. Let's get some adults in Washington!!!
85 Goblin Shaman
Dude. The golf course with millionaires and billionaires? I think you are confusing Romney with Obama. I wish we could just vote for those whose record shows they uphold the Constitution or something important like that.
85 Draenei Priest
10/06/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Eveholt
Tell that to the political strategists who thought attacking Mitt Romney for something he did in high school was a good idea...

Right, but what he did to a classmate can be construed as anti-gay bullying. It was disrespectful and harmful towards another person.

It was most certainly not anti-gay bullying. Romney's classmate was not out until much later on in his adult life. Bullying? Sure, but all kids can be cruel.
89 Undead Warlock
How is this even an issue?

American politics is weird.
85 Tauren Druid
Yay for another 50+ y/o woman that plays MMO's! She is not alone in this by any means. The other co-GM in my former guild with me was also a 50+ y/o woman. Yes, I am also a 50+ y/o woman too.

As for how we spend our time ...

When other people that would criticize the time I spend playing video games spend less time watching TV than I do playing games, I'll listen. Until they stop spending more time in imaginary worlds on TV than I do in a game, they have no room to criticize. I gave up TV so I would have time for other activities like games that I enjoy more than TV.
Edited by Aitana on 10/6/2012 7:26 PM PDT
What makes me mad is people think playing World of Warcraft is like a horrible thing. But what is the difference between sitting and watching your favorite show every Sunday night for an hour compared to playing WoW for an hour?

I just don't understand why gamers get so much junk a lot of the times compared to other things other people do. People do different things, get over it.
100 Human Mage
Ok I know for a fact that many people I play with are older (30-40 years old) highly educated professionals that play WOW, such as aircraft designers, teachers, doctors, nurses, lawyers, fire fighters, police, military people, and people that work a various levels for Microsoft, Electronic Arts, Disney, Dreamworks, on and on. I've met these people and talked to them over Vent for the last 7 or more years while playing WOW. They all seemed stable, intelligent, and nice to me. I've met a lot of jerks too, but the VAST majority of people playing this game I find downright enjoyable to talk to. So I don't see how anyone would swayed not to vote for someone because they share the same hobby or interest? If anything I'm more likelly to vote FOR her, lol!
Edited by Baldimor on 10/6/2012 9:24 PM PDT
96 Human Hunter
This is an example of politics at its worst, really pathetic.
81 Worgen Rogue
This is why i hate election season even though im not even american. Its sick how harshly some of these candidates attack eachother in these ads, the website on this woman is borderline bullying. I live in canada and in the last few elections it seems we've adopted the same attitude, here we have these people who are supposed to be respresenting our cities/provinces/states/countries and they sit there and bully eachother.
90 Undead Rogue
20 Hours a week isnt !@#$ so y cant a person someone like you or me who has a job play a game they enjoy. It shouldn't matter at all its just a game and i have read and hired with in the past few weeks she maybe played a freaking hour she hasn't even played mops really give her a break. Let the lady play her games.
Edited by Fezsnoob on 10/7/2012 1:04 AM PDT
93 Undead Mage
Just goes to show how pathetic politicians can be. They can't attack her on real issues so they attack her hobbies. The problem is a lot of people are stupid enough to vote against her because of it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]