Dear RAF'ers:

10 Draenei Mage
Please stop talking like your monk is a real monk... because its not =/

I quested to 60 before you even started granting levels. I was the person who finished Wandering Isles 8 quests ahead of you and 3 levels behind. But most importantly I'm the person that beat most of you to 90 and you still had free, instant levels. So please oh please don't act like your monk is anything more than a toon bought off eBay, or in this case battle.net.

You can say that I must not have wanted it as much as them all you want. But the truth is I would never stoop that low and pathetic to bypass the best part of the level racing process. And believe me... I wanted it more then any of you, I promise you that.

But the real shame should be placed on Blizzard for allowing that to happen. It's just wrong, plain and simple.

Day 1: 1-60
3 hours sleep
Day 2: 60-82
4 hours sleep
Day 3: 82-90
19 hours sleep
Reply Quote
86 Human Monk
Chances are their socks aren't full of poop. Thus, they win.
Reply Quote
I is not a RAF'er I am a monk that actually knows how to play my class. And loving it!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I RAF'd a my monk. As in leveled it with my RAF partner. I only received 16 level grants, 48->64. The rest was leveled the hard way.

If it makes you feel better, though, I wasn't level racing on him (well, much). He's only 87 now, and I leveled my lock to 90 first.
Reply Quote
I raf'd myself and leveled two toons at once... myself.

Pandaland came out, I granted levels, and started to level. Then I went to sleep at 85. Got to 87 the next day then went to sleep. Hit 90 the 3rd day and was alliance first 90 monk. (Horde monk hit 90 first.) I don't get a feat a strength, but I'm personally happy with it.

I started out wanting realm first pretty damn bad, but when I hit 85 first on my server, I decided sleep was a better choice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I'm not proud of doing it the slow way. No RAF.

Being a gamer, other gamers may respect. Personally, I wish I had gotten some sun light, went for a walk. Anything else, other than suffer three days of that BS they call leveling. It's vermin, not leveling. A chore, a burden.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Day 1: 1-603 hours sleepDay 2: 60-824 hours sleepDay 3: 82-9019 hours sleep

How's this work? You got 82-90 in 5 hours, confused
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Monk
Agreed on RaF monk boosting wasn't fair. But blizz always put money above anything else!
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Mage
I'm not proud of doing it the slow way. No RAF.

Being a gamer, other gamers may respect. Personally, I wish I had gotten some sun light, went for a walk. Anything else, other than suffer three days of that BS they call leveling. It's vermin, not leveling. A chore, a burden.

I was fine the 3 days without sunlight because me and the brewmaster I was levelling with knew we were pushing back the boundaries of levelling. What scared me the most was the fact that i could have stayed up longer before each night I logged off.

And the part that made me cry was missing 7 hours of gameplay due to a glitch not allowing certain players who logged off in Stormwind to log in again.

But I just can't stand the fact that me and my friend lost server first to some people who just spat in our faces and purchased their levels.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Mage
How's this work? You got 82-90 in 5 hours, confused

Sorry... the days weren't days, but I just call them days. They're really just periods inbetween sleep.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
HC
Please stop talking like your monk is a real monk... because its not =/

6/6N first week.

real monk /wave
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
At the end of the day people like myself levelled 2 characters to 80, we put our effort in already. Personally I took those 2 characters to 85 as well BEFORE the experience nerf which is already more work. Then on top of that levelled from 80-90.

I consider my monk as real as any other monk and if you don't like it well that's your problem.

10/04/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Hyl
You can say that I must not have wanted it as much as them all you want.

That is all it seems like, we actually wanted to get realm first and took advantage of what was given to us. Obviously you didn't want it enough, they put up to WotLK into the battle chest now and the price was reduced before expansion.

Either you wanted it or you didn't and by the looks of it, you didn't.
Edited by Francésca on 10/5/2012 12:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
My monk is level 32. I stopped leveling at that point because, well, it's boring.

Sue me. My highest is my 89 lock, which I stopped because, well, it was boring.

Play what's fun, people.. Don't lose sight of the enjoyment the game is supposed to bring ya.. I RAF'd a toon with a bud a while back, done a couple realm changes, so yeah, I've fed the blizzard money machine, but I've never done any grinding or playing for any reason other than to get my mind off the real world and have some good old fashioned entertainment.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I'm sorry that you suffer from the delusion that you're better than anyone. I leveled four toons to 80 and I feel that I am just as good at this class as any of you.

I have no respect for anyone that comes to these forums asking for recognition for doing it the 'right' way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I leveled from 1-90, but I don't brag about it to anyone because there's no point in that.

If someone wants to lose sleep over a Feat of Strength then more power to them. Id rather enjoy the ride.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I granted this guy 80 levels through RAF and I'm still better than you.

That's gotta hurt.
Reply Quote
What is this.. going on day 10? I haven't even set foot in Pandaria with my 85s and I'm only 70 on my new main. Maybe I'll hit 72 today if I feel like it. Working midnight shifts doesn't leave me with a lot of motivation to grind out quests when I get home lol

That said it's a nice, forgotten feel to go from 1 - max again. Sort of like starting over with a clean slate. Yeah I already know what to do, where to go, and how to get there. Sure I have BoAs to help a little, and Outland was still trash.. but it's such a good feeling not to have to rush.

... now if I could just replace these level 50 trinkets. Hmm..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
not sure as to the point of this, with BoA and enlightenment leveling was still trivial, didnt use RaF. nor have anything against people who did, what i do have a problem with, is that people where allowed to scroll of resurrect monks to 80 on day one.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
You know, it's not like not getting an insta-80 makes you a better player.

I don't think I've even clocked in 20 hours /played on this character yet. I'd check but I'm about to head off to bed.

With the Enlightenment buff available and a decent mix of dungeons and questing, I'm shooting through levels rediculously fast.

Does this magically make me better than someone who started at level 80 and learned their class while doing Cata and Pandaria quests? No, no it doesn't. It just means I've played longer at low levels and without a complete toolkit. Even at lvl 61, I'm still missing something vital from the brewmaster kit (Purifying brew).

Slogging through the suckfest of Outland and Northrend doesn't make you a better player. The content is neither engaging or challenging. Off your high horse, if you please.
Edited by Jienya on 10/5/2012 3:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]