healers and hit

90 Draenei Shaman
I think I see where this trend is heading.

Why not just make our abilities scale straight off gear ilvl?

I'd like to think Blizz could think of better ways to make loot interesting and unique without resorting to this whole spirit/hit distinction that seem to cause more grief rather than compelling gameplay.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/05/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Alph
should use spirit?

shadow, balance, elemental all use spirit as hit :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Everything would be cleared after you read:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/loot-settings

That tells you the whys and hows of the Dungeon Finder Loot settings.

If people are able to roll on gear despite those settings, it is a bug.

Go to the Bug Forums and report it.

Say something like:

While in a Dungeon Finder group, in the SERVERNAME, at SERVERTIME.
In H. Scholomance Dungeon, the Headmaster's Will item dropped.
The Protection Paladin was able to roll Need on it.

There, it tells Blizzard that in this place, at this time, under these settings that Blizzard told us to use, something, that the loot settings should not allow, happened.

enough of these will fix the bug to match the loot settings.
Reply Quote
Just curious, but, has anyone that is upset about somebody who in their eyes should not be allowed to get a piece of gear or is upset about not winning a piece of gear over somebody else ever considered running instances with friends?

I have not lost out on a piece of loot I wanted in 3 years. Non-coincidentally, I met up with the folks who are now the core of my guild three years ago.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
Just curious, but, has anyone that is upset about somebody who in their eyes should not be allowed to get a piece of gear or is upset about not winning a piece of gear over somebody else ever considered running instances with friends?

I have not lost out on a piece of loot I wanted in 3 years. Non-coincidentally, I met up with the folks who are now the core of my guild three years ago.

If that were always a viable solution for players, I suspect LFD wouldn't have been developed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/05/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Alph
heals should not be rolling on gear with hit on it....end of story. they should not be able to need on hit gear

When mages and warlocks quit rolling on spirit gear, I might consider your words more seriously.
Reply Quote
1 Worgen Druid
One of disc priests key healing spells is smite - an attack that can miss. So why armt they rolling on hit gear again? You are sooo wrong OP
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
10/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Stylés
One of disc priests key healing spells is smite - an attack that can miss. So why armt they rolling on hit gear again? You are sooo wrong OP

You might look at the divine fury passive. Smite can't miss.
Edited by Mescyn on 10/5/2012 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There might be hope yet that hit will go away.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler#

.@Giltonio We've defended hit as an interesting stat for a long time, but I'm starting to be convinced that it isn't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]