Stampede is the new Army of the Dead

90 Night Elf Death Knight
Can we please get a glyph that removes the taunt from guardian pets used during stampede?

Holy crap it is irritating when a hunter pops stampede and the boss wanders off to stand in the fire or breathe on the raid.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Can we please get a glyph that removes the taunt from guardian pets used during stampede?

Holy crap it is irritating when a hunter pops stampede and the boss wanders off to stand in the fire or breathe on the raid.

Why does Stampede even need to have a taunt built into it at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I like this analogy, since it could be used to advocate for it's removal from arena...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

I like this analogy, since it could be used to advocate for it's removal from arena...

If you took the time to read combat logs you would realise that stampede isnt the issue- Go get a hunter to pop stampede on you,- but only stampede, no lynx, no kill command, no blinkstrike.
See how much damage it does.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/06/2012 05:24 AMPosted by Brianjosel
Why does Stampede even need to have a taunt built into it at all.

Or Army for that matter. I figure the Death Knight summoning scores of minions is probably more threatening than one of those piddly minions.

Glad Army has a glyph, but yeah Stampede and Dire Beast are giving me no end of headaches. Or at least make Growl -not- be turned on by default.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Stampede does not have a taunt built into it. If pets have growl on autocast then they taunt, this way it can possibly be used as a tanking cooldown if needed and if planned for before the pull, but there is no built in taunt to stampede.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
10/06/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Spinnerdh
Stampede does not have a taunt built into it. If pets have growl on autocast then they taunt, this way it can possibly be used as a tanking cooldown if needed and if planned for before the pull, but there is no built in taunt to stampede.

The problem is it's on by default and a lot of players don't realize that, and haven't rotated their pets to turn them all off beforehand.

This causes headaches for tanks in the early expansion as players are learning this, wipes groups because of cone mechanics, and will continue to cause headaches due to bad throughout the expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

The problem is it's on by default and a lot of players don't realize that, and haven't rotated their pets to turn them all off beforehand.

This causes headaches for tanks in the early expansion as players are learning this, wipes groups because of cone mechanics, and will continue to cause headaches due to bad throughout the expansion.

Then they are bad hunters for not understanding there skills, devs have done enough to make things "simple" for slower people to understand they dont need to hold your hand 100% of the way.

First time i used it an my turtle was the boss's target i swapped to him seen growl on turned it off tried again and there we go. Really simple logic to follow.
Edited by Talva on 10/6/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

Hunters have the option to take taunt off auto cast, DKs do not. This is an unnecessary glyph, tell your raider to take it off or tell him to gtfo.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Tell em to use the Glyph of Stampede. It duplicates the current pet instead of summoning the entire stable. Should keep the dps pet from taunting and allow the hunter to keep the tank pet set as usual.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

If you took the time to read combat logs you would realise that stampede isnt the issue- Go get a hunter to pop stampede on you,- but only stampede, no lynx, no kill command, no blinkstrike.
See how much damage it does.

Cool so let's pretend you called Avatar and Skull banner OP damage. Would it makes sense for me to say "Go ask a warrior to throw down skull banner and avatar but ONLY white swings with skull banner and avatar. Don't use MS, Overpower, Heroic Strike, Shockwave, or Colossus Smash".

Do you see how stupid that sounds now?

Regardless, 6 claws critting me for 17k each? Completely ignoring any other damage from white swings, kill commands, etc, that's around 100k damage in 1 instant.
My 1 true loss in 2s last night (Not getting stuck in a pillar while I get nuked by casters) was against double BM and I died through die by the sword (20% damage reduction, 100% parry that pets completely ignore even with my back off a ledge) in literally 2 seconds, while both hunters ran to the top of the map, blew their CDs and popped deterrence. Neither shot once.
Edited by Saje on 10/6/2012 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Sorry but that's how it works, if a hunter is to ignorant to actually know how to play then they are gonna have their pets pull aggro off of you with their taunts. Tell them to turn growl off on all their pets. It's not a big deal.

Cool so let's pretend you called Avatar and Skull banner OP damage. Would it makes sense for me to say "Go ask a warrior to throw down skull banner and avatar but ONLY white swings with skull banner and avatar. Don't use MS, Overpower, Heroic Strike, Shockwave, or Colossus Smash".

Do you see how stupid that sounds now?

No, you're just an idiot who doesn't understand how stampede works.

Lynx rush, kill command and blink strike only affect the hunter's main pet. The summoned pets do 25% normal damage, which means that they all combined equal one additional pet; the only damage these pets do comes from auto attacks and basic attacks, ie: bite/smack/claw.

This means that lynx rush, kill command and blink strike do not do any additional damage during stampede. Stampede pets only benefit from stat buffs like heroism and skull banner I believe.

Please try to understand the basic game mechanics before making an absolute fool of yourself.

10/06/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Saje
Regardless, 6 claws critting me for 17k each?

My pet's claw crits for about 40k in PvE. Reduce that by 40% for baseline resilience and you get 24k crits. Stampede pets do 1/4 the regular damage so that number is brought down to 6k crits, and I don't understand how you get 6 claws from 5 pets.

Completely ignoring any other damage from white swings, kill commands, etc, that's around 100k damage in 1 instant.

Except you are just making crap up and you don't know how the ability functions, you are making stuff up and then using that made up malarki to somehow prove a made up point.

in literally 2 seconds, while both hunters ran to the top of the map, blew their CDs and popped deterrence. Neither shot once.

Ya, you're a lying dimwit. Nice try though. Kill command can not be used during deterrence so there goes a giant chunk of damage already.

Please stop pretending to know what you are talking about.
Edited by Spinnerdh on 10/6/2012 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
10/06/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Darthsirak
Tell em to use the Glyph of Stampede. It duplicates the current pet instead of summoning the entire stable. Should keep the dps pet from taunting and allow the hunter to keep the tank pet set as usual.

that should work yet sometimes the stampede pets still taunt....

EDIT: with growl off on the pet im using of course
Edited by Purenasty on 10/6/2012 7:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/06/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Darthsirak

Will do. Now I have something to yell at them about.

"You have four choices: Glyph stampede, turn off the taunt on all your pets, don't use stampede, or get vote kicked."
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
My pet's claw crits for about 40k in PvE. Reduce that by 40% for baseline resilience and you get 24k crits. Stampede pets do 1/4 the regular damage so that number is brought down to 6k crits, and I don't understand how you get 6 claws from 5 pets.

Except resil is currently not affecting some pet dmg >.>
Edited by Feralosity on 10/6/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
10/06/2012 09:05 PMPosted by Feralosity

Well then that's a bug and bugs shouldn't be balanced around. Disengage is still bugged and I am still waiting for a fix.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/06/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Spinnerdh

Well then that's a bug and bugs shouldn't be balanced around. Disengage is still bugged and I am still waiting for a fix.

That's not a bug tho, that's intentional.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

lol no.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So.... What you're saying is blizzard should remove Stampede from arenas just like Army of the Dead was?
Edited by Greìl on 10/7/2012 3:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter

Could you be any more vague?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]