Anyone else finding there's less to do?

I'll start by saying i don't quest.. i find dailies repulsive.. i would gladly farm 10 thousand turtle shells for rep, but i will not do dailies as i can't pound through them, i'm forced to commit for weeks, and i don't find that enjoyable or find any sense of accomplishment at the end. I just know that i sank weeks into it and gained... a piece of loot that i Might not even need at this point because i've been raiding..

So without doing dailies.. i've fully heroic geared all 3 specs of my monk.. I've got pvp left to do.. but that'll be dealt with this weekend.. I -want- to run heroics, but i gain absolutely nothing, just VP that i cannot spend without doing those dailies.

This pains me.. because the one thing i loved doing, since the induction of LFG, was use it. Friends want me to tank for them, so i do.. but it's only a nice guy thing to do.. i get bored because there's no real incentive past helping out..

I seriously hope tabards(like wrath/cata), or assigned dungeon reps (like vanilla/bc) come into play soon, because i'm losing interest fast.

I've come to these forums more since Mists release than i have in my entire WoW career, starting from the first week of vanilla. I'm not bored with the game as some might think, but the things i've enjoyed have been gated behind dailies.

They added a 50% VP boost for alts, to help with gearing.. so the alts have to do the dailies aswell.. i've got 14 other 85's.. not happening. (5 box shaman team + one of each class with the monk already 90)

Does anyone have anything they're finding enjoyable outside of dailies? I'm going to take up pvping on the monk, but i mean.. that hasn't held my interest since vanilla either.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I like rep grinding so I can't help ya there.

Heroic dungeon grinding is still worth it to you if you are going to raid... and then you can happily skip over those dailies.

Are your professions already maxed out? Have you tried Pet battling? What about getting some of the new achievements? There are a ton of them!
Reply Quote
Maxed out pet battling, maxed out professions (on all toons), and already fully heroic for 3 specs -_-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/06/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Fist
Maxed out pet battling, maxed out professions (on all toons), and already fully heroic for 3 specs -_-

sounds like u play way too much. just curious what your /played time is on that monk
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/06/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Jondus

sounds like u play way too much. just curious what your /played time is on that monk
Asinine. Even if he played 24 hours a day since release, he still hasn't played anything close to what even the most casual player will play by the end of this content cycle.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Well the VP caps at 1000 a week anyway, so running heroics for VP doesn't last long anyway. I was capped for the week two days ago.. and it doesn't reset until tuesday. Right now I only have one reason (other than fun) to run the heroics - which is a staff upgrade. Other than that, there's no incentive except perhaps to get the rest of the heirloom gear for alts I may never roll.

I don't really mind the dailies myself, but that's partly because I'm past some of them - the cloud serpent are exalted, for instance. The Golden Lotus ones are just.. dreary and repetitive. It's not that exciting to go kill 12 mogu, then get the next set for that day which tell me to go kill 10 more. The angler's ones are okay, nothing special. The Klaxxi are perfectly in the middle - not horrible not great. Really the high point is the Tiller's. I love tending that farm and having it produce things. I can grow motes of harmony now which is pretty cool.

Raiding hasn't quite come and I find pvp pointless. There's some scenarios I haven't done yet though. Pandaria is gorgeous and everything I'd hoped the land would look like, but I still get the sense that Blizzard hasn't quite got a full handle on the social aspects of things.

I'd really like to see a realm-only /LFD for challenge modes.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
He might want to consider slowing down tho... he must be playing a ton.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
in the words of the great pandaren: SLOW DOWN. (damn it!)
Reply Quote
5 days, 8 hours, and yes, i took a week off work for mists launch, so myself and friends powered through quite a bit of content.

That was the surprise though, in BC, Wrath, Cata, i did the exact same thing.. took a week off, powered through. With every other expansion though, there was a ton to do. Specifically in BC, with the dungeon farming. Without LFG, dungeon farming was much more involved. Cata, myself and friends waited online anxiously for the launch, then once it hit, we dealt with the login server for a couple hours and it was game on, hit 85, straight to heroics. The heroics were ridiculously difficult also, made them more enjoyablewhen you reached them early. Most people don't know just how much trash was in Deadmines for example, because by the time the bulk had hit 85, the amount of trash had been reduced, twice.

At the same time though.. i've got 3 days, 16 hours played at 90, and i've completely run out of content i enjoy. Heroics are a huge part of the game outside of raiding, and with only one raid available... and nothing actually farmable with heroics.. what to do? i'm going for the 250 pets now, but after that.. I'm honestly considering picking up Torchlight 2.. this is incredibly depressing =/
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
10/06/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Fist

In all honesty, I truly believe you're part part of the gaming subculture that just devours content much faster than is realistically possible for devs to keep creating, to keep you satisfied. However, if that's your style of play, then there isn't much that can be done, and it's your right to enjoy things how you want, as long as you understand the limits.

I won't go too much into detail, because I don't want to derail the thread, but I really hope you can find some fun in the more simple pleasures this game has to offer, be it exploring, achievement hunting, finding rare monsters for fun, obtaining different mounts, ect. It may not be your thing, and that's ok.

I'm never surprised when people say they're bored after finding out how big their gaming appetite is, and how fast they rushed through/consumed the current content that most other players won't achieve for some time.

It comes down to quantity vs. quality for how fast developers are able to crank out new content. In my opinion, there is more to do at the beginning of this expansion that there has been in all others, albeit more flavor that may not appeal to everyone on all fronts.
Edited by Selañ on 10/6/2012 5:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well the VP caps at 1000 a week anyway, so running heroics for VP doesn't last long anyway. I was capped for the week two days ago.. and it doesn't reset until tuesday. Right now I only have one reason (other than fun) to run the heroics - which is a staff upgrade. Other than that, there's no incentive except perhaps to get the rest of the heirloom gear for alts I may never roll.

I don't really mind the dailies myself, but that's partly because I'm past some of them - the cloud serpent are exalted, for instance. The Golden Lotus ones are just.. dreary and repetitive. It's not that exciting to go kill 12 mogu, then get the next set for that day which tell me to go kill 10 more. The angler's ones are okay, nothing special. The Klaxxi are perfectly in the middle - not horrible not great. Really the high point is the Tiller's. I love tending that farm and having it produce things. I can grow motes of harmony now which is pretty cool.

Raiding hasn't quite come and I find pvp pointless. There's some scenarios I haven't done yet though. Pandaria is gorgeous and everything I'd hoped the land would look like, but I still get the sense that Blizzard hasn't quite got a full handle on the social aspects of things.

I'd really like to see a realm-only /LFD for challenge modes.

Agree with that, the cloud serpent was fun. I enjoyed that, but it capped very easily. The rest i can't get into, i'm tempted to do the klaxxi because it's got a farmable portion to it.. but then the thought of doing that again on alts makes it less appealing, even at double speed which is the proposed "rep fix" for alts, it's not worth the effort at all.

One fear i've always had with rep grinding (and this goes way back) is that you get a piece of raid gear before you get exalted with the rep, then it was a total waste of effort.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ugh, I'm loathing these dailies. So many of them, and even if I were to forego Anglers and Order of the Cloud Serpent, I'd still need all the others for raiding.

I totally preferred the tabards - perhaps too easy, but I could easily run dungeons for rep, which I find much better.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Selañ

In all honesty, I truly believe you're part part of the gaming subculture that just devours content much faster than is realistically possible for devs to keep creating, to keep you satisfied. However, if that's your style of play, then there isn't much that can be done, and it's your right to enjoy things how you want, as long as you understand the limits.

I won't go too much into detail, because I don't want to derail the thread, but I really hope you can find some fun in the more simple pleasures this game has to offer, be it exploring, achievement hunting, finding rare monsters for fun, obtaining different mounts, ect. It may not be your thing, and that's ok.

I'm never surprised when people say they're bored after finding out how big their gaming appetite is, and how fast they rushed through/consumed the current content that most other players won't achieve for some time.

It comes down to quantity vs. quality for how fast developers are able to crank out new content. In my opinion, there is more to do at the beginning of this expansion that there has been in all others, albeit more flavor that may not appeal to everyone on all fronts.

While what you say is true.. and i agree, there's no possible way the dev team could keep up, the other expansions had things that made things like alts, and farming enjoyable.

Badges/JP for example, any time i leveled an alt, i'd jump on a tank and pound heroics to get them their feet/bracers/any boe i could acquire through dungeons to make their gearing process easier. Make them less of a boon on a group. Leveling and gearing alts was never a concern. Now however.. can you even imagine grinding these reps 15 times over? not in a million years would i consider it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/06/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Selañ

In all honesty, I truly believe you're part part of the gaming subculture that just devours content much faster than is realistically possible for devs to keep creating, to keep you satisfied.

what do you base this on?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/06/2012 05:25 AMPosted by Fist
Now however.. can you even imagine grinding these reps 15 times over? not in a million years would i consider it.

You had to do that on every alt in TBC just to get into the heroics, which you said you enjoyed running.
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
10/06/2012 05:25 AMPosted by Fist

While what you say is true.. and i agree, there's no possible way the dev team could keep up, the other expansions had things that made things like alts, and farming enjoyable.

Badges/JP for example, any time i leveled an alt, i'd jump on a tank and pound heroics to get them their feet/bracers/any boe i could acquire through dungeons to make their gearing process easier. Make them less of a boon on a group. Leveling and gearing alts was never a concern. Now however.. can you even imagine grinding these reps 15 times over? not in a million years would i consider it.

I definitely see where you're coming from. In response to that, I believe a blue recently posted on that exact topic, that in a future patch, they were going to be adding a way to basically earn rep on your main character, that is a lot more alt friendly after the initial hard work has been put in.

I'm excited to see where that goes, because I also love to level alts.
Reply Quote
Ugh, I'm loathing these dailies. So many of them, and even if I were to forego Anglers and Order of the Cloud Serpent, I'd still need all the others for raiding.

I totally preferred the tabards - perhaps too easy, but I could easily run dungeons for rep, which I find much better.

Alot of people say it was "too easy" but those tabards only ever unlocked an epic or two at best which were not tied to vp, and it took a few dozen runs to get them.. so easy as they may have been, it was a time sink. To compare them to doing dailies.. not everyone can do 3 dozen runs in a day, i'd venture a guess to say vast majority can't, and dps it might be completely impossible with the queues as they are. The people with time to sink in though, had the option. Now we're dealing with a forced delay..
Reply Quote

I definitely see where you're coming from. In response to that, I believe a blue recently posted on that exact topic, that in a future patch, they were going to be adding a way to basically earn rep on your main character, that is a lot more alt friendly after the initial hard work has been put in.

I'm excited to see where that goes, because I also love to level alts.

I actually mentioned that above, it's a double rep gain mechanic for alts.. which means you still need to do the rep farm on your main (to revered), then do it on every alt aswell. Which again.. finding no enjoyment in questing.. only makes it sound even less appealing.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
The only people with nothing to do are the ones who rush through the content to get max level as fast as they can without actually enjoying the game. You mentioned at least a half dozen things you won't do but complain you're bored. It's like the OWS crowd sitting around complaining about how poor they are (on their iPhones) instead of getting another (or a first) job.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]