Stop the Ninja crap, seriously

85 Draenei Hunter
If it can be rolled on , It's "working as intended".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/06/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Jackbag
Yeah it was a substantial upgrade for me.... 440 ring to 463. Guy needed it and left group immediately (was last boss). My friend and I were both top DPS for that run too, pulling 40-50K most fights, so it's pretty sad you give it your all only to have somebody do this.

I wasn't there. I didn't see it, I don't know what happened. Maybe he's just evil.

Sometimes though I've seen it happen as retribution. If you make the game unfun for him, he may try to make it unfun for you.

"Tank go0gogogogog"
"pull faster!!!"
"WTF tank? How about waiting for mana?!?! noob!"

I prefer to just leave crappy groups myself, but I have seen others go for retribution instead.
Edited by Jaxzer on 10/6/2012 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/06/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Dragonchaser
Yep. As long as I can roll need on plate gear, everything is perfect.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If i was blizzard i would rework the loot system in pugs. Make Need based on class spec , not just class.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm thinking about rolling need on tank items i don't want , so i can blackmail the tank into trading back the dps gear he needs on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So much I encountered this, and still do while gearing up. Tanks needing on DPS rings, trinkets, and Gear. Running Coren 28 times for the Melee DPS trinket / Hunter trinket to see it drop 10 times, however 8 of those 10 times it went to a healer.
I had an idea of having a 2nd need roll option that would be like Need - Off spec and would trump Greed, but need would not be available if they weren't in there as that spec. IE DPS piece drops, DPS doesn't need it but healer wants it, the healer could roll Need - Off spec which would trump others greeds, while not trumping regular Need.
Kind of a rough idea. But it seemed like a good idea at 2 AM.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
10/06/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Chopstixx
was it a stam upgrade from his first one ? plus did anyone else want it ?

dont matter agil does a pally no good

It is if he's either poor enough or just a greedy !@#$.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
10/06/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Vyndorathran
was it a stam upgrade from his first one ? plus did anyone else want it ?

are u srs??? a stam upgrade when u kill strength which if u don't know by the sounds of it also increases parry. every plate class knows that. u don't get anywhere if u kill ur own tank stats for stam when if u do that the stam means nothing and u'll just get face rolled by mobs.

wanna try again?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why don't you talk to blizzard instead and ask them why they are able to roll on Agi items. Why isn't the Need button gray and it's allowing them to roll on it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
The new loot rules in LFR that make obtaining off-spec gear impossible have added to this problem. There is a fix, but Blizzard keeps turning a blind eye to the problem.

If an item drops appropriate to your current spec, you can roll need, and you get the old-style LFR +100 to your roll.

If an item drops appropriate to your class, but not your current spec, you can roll need, but you get no bonus.

If an item drops that is not appropriate to your class, greed/DE/pass only.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure why people do this. When someone outrolls me on a tanking item, I'll simply roll need on every dps item that drops afterwards. Oh you actually want that 2-hander I just won instead of the shield you got earlier? Want to trade?

Negotiate from a position of strength. You think these bozos will care if you just whine about it?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
10/06/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Drakinn
Well i hate when new xpacks come out because the Theives come out as well was running one the other night and a pally tank was stealing Dps gear.. i mean really that just means its going take me longer to gear up because your stealing my gear and + your tank gear.. so u know what they going steal my gear.. dont think am not going steal there tank gear just saying..

Sounds like an extremely well thought out plan. The gear isn't your's or his. Once the roll to determine who will be the owner of said item. He may have a dps off spec. You might have a tank offspec. Just roll need if its an upgrade. In a few months, this gear will be obsolete, or something more important will happen, that you will forget this burden you had to have occur in your life span.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/06/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Dragonchaser

Incorrect. There's no reason I should be able to roll need on mail gear (which, obviously, I can't even equip). But I can. I needed on a mail belt (foolishly didn't check the item type before rolling) and annoyed our shaman healer quite a bit. Obviously I traded it to him, but the point is: that is not working as intended. Nobody should be able to need on gear they can't even equip.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's gotten to where if I have any mages or warlocks in my group, my chances of winning any spirit gear drop dramatically.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
10/06/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Trollinthndr
i can still need on str weapons and rings and stuff. its weird.

Yup I can need on agility weapons. Blizzard needs to understand that the general populous has no etiquette. They change up LFR loot but then allow me to roll on agility gear? This is pretty basic stuff.

It's one thing to consider a Need+ system for LFD restricting loot to spec, its another allowing totally different classes rolling on totally different gear.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Everyone knows there are people that will need on any item they can in dungeons because they feel special and entitled to anything they can possibly get. Ive also seen them do it when they felt the person that could actually use it didnt deserve it. I know, it isnt their call as to whether someone else "deserves" a piece of gear, but these people are under the impression they are special.
Reply Quote
One can not ninja loot in WoW. They mob tagging system prevents it.

As for rolling on gear for another spec, people should not be entitled to gear just because they are performing a role at that time. The system lets people roll on gear that they can use in the game....yes folks, there is a game outside of instances.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The new loot rules in LFR that make obtaining off-spec gear impossible have added to this problem. There is a fix, but Blizzard keeps turning a blind eye to the problem.

If an item drops appropriate to your current spec, you can roll need, and you get the old-style LFR +100 to your roll.

If an item drops appropriate to your class, but not your current spec, you can roll need, but you get no bonus.

If an item drops that is not appropriate to your class, greed/DE/pass only.

And then people will roll need to vendor, knowing the other people can't win the item. At least with the current system you have a fair chance at winning loot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
One can not ninja loot in WoW. They mob tagging system prevents it.

As for rolling on gear for another spec, people should not be entitled to gear just because they are performing a role at that time. The system lets people roll on gear that they can use in the game....yes folks, there is a game outside of instances.

You spout this nonsense every time one of these threads pop up and usually I just roll my eyes and skip over it, but this time... what in the world are you even talking about.

There is absolutely no reason the loot system should be working like this. Nothing you can say will ever make it okay that a warrior can need on agility gear or a priest can need on mail gear. It doesn't matter if you're raiding, PvPing or questing, those stats will still have the same benefit for you. Absolutely none.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]