DPS?

100 Blood Elf Rogue
Alright, so I'm not really one to start threads but this is an exception. I feel, yes, that we have been nerf'd. I've been scouring websites looking at ways to increase my DPS when I realized something: I have no idea what the common DPS is this expansion. Sometimes I'm at the top of tank fights, and sometimes I'm dead last.

So, I ask all of you who are generous enough to peruse the forums and care to answer: What's your DPS/ilevel at?

I'm a 460 combat rogue that can pull anywhere from 36-46k depending on buffs and such. I've seen boomkins and fury warriors annihilate me in dps, pulling around 75k. Are they the exception or the standard?

While I would love to start another rogue crying thread (trust me, I've been sobbing myself over my class), I'd like to keep it relatively on topic, staying positive.
Reply Quote
12 Human Hunter
You are not doing anything wrong. Only way to get more DPS or have our dps even with everyone else. is Nerf everyone else or buff us.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Sounds about right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/06/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Joyia
I'm a 460 combat rogue that can pull anywhere from 36-46k depending on buffs and such. I've seen boomkins and fury warriors annihilate me in dps, pulling around 75k. Are they the exception or the standard?

75k is probably with some kind of gimmick/padding but you should definitely pull more than 36-46k DPS at a 460 ilvl, I generally never pull under 50k and can hold around 60k on a fight I can stay on target.

Don't listen to the trolls, we're fine in pve.
Edited by Zanumas on 10/6/2012 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

75k is probably with some kind of gimmick/padding but you should definitely pull more than 36-46k DPS at a 460 ilvl, I generally never pull under 50k and can hold around 60k on a fight I can stay on target.

I wouldn't say having 40%+ passive damage and super long wait time fine, but our dps should be on par with everyone.

EDIT: granted you're geared, enchanted and gemmed enough.
Edited by Creepercat on 10/6/2012 6:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/06/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Xiaoqing

Being able to pull damage that people 10-20 ilevels below us do =/= we're fine.

Yes, with great ilevel you can do do amazing damage. The issue is, you match yourself with someone in comparable gear and you're not doing as much.
\

Except that's not the case? Rogues are fine, stop spreading all the doom and gloom when it really is a l2p issue.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I dunno, I'm finding us way low on DPS still, but maybe I do need some tweeking. Glad to know I'm not out of the ballpark completely as compared to some others though. D=
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Honestly, me and our guild's other rogue fight over the top dps spot. Rogues are fine, you just need to know how to play it.

PS Try assassination and enchant that gear
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ive just recently traded to sub but still kept combat as they share the same stats. As i have never used sub in anyway with my rogue its def something im still getting used to. ive dropped the 1st 2 bosses this week in the new raid. First boss i went combat because it seems to be favored in that fight. I was pulling around 58kish. (yes i have 2 fist weaps for combat) an then on the 2nd boss i went sub an pulled around 38-40. I feel with my gear i should be pulling a lot more. With sub im not to worried because ive only got around 10 hours of practice with it. but combat i feel im pretty low for where im at. any suggestions tips/tricks would def be helpful
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
One of the problems is finding up to date and correct info at level 90. In my experience mastery is a better secondary stat for sub than haste or crit (at this current level of gear) and it performs very well. I am stacking mastery and switching from assass/sub , mostly because I have never liked combat even though I felt forced to play it in DS.
Reply Quote
as combat using all your cds you can pull like 90k+ dps in raids, when your cds end you just sit on your toilet below dks, spriests, mages, warlocks, elesham, warriors...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Okay i'm a SEMI new player (i started playing around august). Every time I get in a dungeon, the healer has a higher DPS than I do. I really need some good advice to boost my Dps greatly! I'm an assassination rogue and my usual rotation is that I open with Cheap shot, use Vendetta, use Ambush, then I use Rupture, Expose Armor, Mutilate twice, Then I use Slice and Dice, Then use Dispatch, Mutilate twice again, Then Envenom and repeat......
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
first off i cant really tell if this is just a massive troll thread or if half of you are serious... that being said combat daggers has been a dead spec since probably before half of you rolled your toons.as with every spec for rogue colldown management is crucial to mintaining high dps that being said stacking the right secondary stats to the proper weights is just as crucial. though sadly i see people using this were gimped $*%& as a crutch for being absolutly terrible there are boss and dungeon dummies in the game for a reason perfect pratice makes perfect. those things arent there for show do your rotation untill you are bored of playing a rogue then do it 3 more times so at any given time during a raid you know wtf to do also keybinds are must for staying on target and makeing the interrupts so healers dont get one shot by a boss cast.in short its not a omg we suck thing its a omg you suck thing *and in blues you shoud be 50 k easily*
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
01/06/2013 06:38 AMPosted by Saxual
first off i cant really tell if this is just a massive troll thread or if half of you are serious

Well, it's certainly a massively OLD thread. Not sure about the troll part.

Smokey the Bear Says: Only You Can Prevent Thread Necros. Look at Dates Before Posting!

Sneakysalad, dungeon DPS is a pretty poor indication of a rogue's overall potential, and DPS at level 87 is irrelevant -- you're still leveling and gearing, so you shouldn't expect to be blasting the shingles off the roof. There are definitely some pretty odd things going in with the rotation you specified, especially if it's on bosses (against which Cheap Shot is completely ineffective), but if you wanna talk about this in greater depth, please start a new thread about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]