Why haven't YOU rolled a shadow priest yet?

90 Pandaren Priest
It's a matter of opinion. I rolled my priest to heal, and I've always hated shadow. It's alright for questing and soloing, but there are many other class specs that are more fun to run dungeons and groups with. I only keep my shadow spec for questing and world pvp.

If someone asks me to join a group, then asks if I have a DPS spec, I won't be joining them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's a matter of opinion. I rolled my priest to heal, and I've always hated shadow. It's alright for questing and soloing, but there are many other class specs that are more fun to run dungeons and groups with. I only keep my shadow spec for questing and world pvp.

If someone asks me to join a group, then asks if I have a DPS spec, I won't be joining them.

Same here. I was never a big fan of shadow, but I decided to try it out to see if the new mechanics were more of my style. Personally, I still enjoy the healing specs more.
Reply Quote
10/06/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Rebound
Gooby pls
Reply Quote
Already have
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I haven't gone shadow because I can't do DPS specs. If you're a healer or tank spec, and something attacks you, you have time to stop and consider your response. DPS is all about killing stuff quickly before it kills you, and I just can't think that fast.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I first leveled my Shaman from 85-90...It was painfully slow. I did not enjoy 88-90.
Then, I leveled my DK from 85-90 and absolutely loved it!!! It was so fast and I could pull mobs by the dozens without breaking a sweat.
Now, I started leveling my S-Priest. It is faster to level than the Shammy, but not the DK. That being said, I am loving it more than the other classes! I am currently 89 and from what I am seeing, this is going to be my MoP main toon.
While I do not feel "overpowered", I do feel viable. More than that, I am loving the numerous amounts of "tricks up my sleeve" I feel I have when rolling a S-Priest. Despite being a cloth-wearer, I feel 1,000 times less squishy than the lackluster rogue class....and even less squishy then the mail-wearing shaman. Maybe it's because i know how to play this class better than the others....not sure, but 1 thing i do know for certain is: I am loving it...enjoying WoW when on my S-Priest and will try my hand out in PvP onceI hit 90.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I haven't gone shadow because I can't do DPS specs. If you're a healer or tank spec, and something attacks you, you have time to stop and consider your response. DPS is all about killing stuff quickly before it kills you, and I just can't think that fast.

LOL...This is funny! I know what you mean though. I sometimes feel this way too. I guess it's because I'm getting older. I did not used to be this way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I love being Shadow, have been since t4 in BC. I've rolled a few alts here and there but always come running back to my priest. We're just so awesome...and even now in MOP I'm having no difficulties holding my weight in raids when it comes to dps'ing and assisting with offheals.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
In my opinion in regards to questing in MoP, shadow is king. Bursting down Quest mobs is no problem, and you can typically take 3-4 at a time, with that being said i believe that the main selling point of leveling a spriest is SURVIVABILITY; As a spriest you have SO much utitility (Feathers, Dispersion, PwS, Psycic scream, Fear pet, etc.) Getting ganked is close to impossible. I have escaped from groups of hordies without taking hardly any damage. Which greatly decreases the time spent leveling. I just hope Spriests are at least as viable in high end PvE as they were last expansion.
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Priest
Because I can't bring myself to level a priest.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
DoTs... I hate em'
I'll happily heal with this toon, but I'm rolling a shaman to suit my hybrid needs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Fõshizzle:

Icpitl:

LOL...This is funny! I know what you mean though. I sometimes feel this way too. I guess it's because I'm getting older. I did not used to be this way.

I've always been this way. It's not really surprising; executive dysfunction is one of the symptoms of autism spectrum disorders, and three of five psychological professionals surveyed believe I may have Asperger syndrome. I guess that explains why, in high school, I was ranked second in my class but somehow took thirty minutes to pack a lunch because I kept getting confused. :D

Accuser:
DoTs... I hate em'

That's a large part of why I couldn't stand my warlock.

Also I hate pets. I barely have the brains to control my own character, let alone an extra one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
The changes are alright, I would much rather how we were back in Cataclysm though. I know Blizzard won't go back and that's fine but man it seemed more fun. Once I got a more proper rotation down and switched out a talent or two, it was much better. Mind Blast and Mind Spike proc mad for me when im in dungeons, and coupled with the damage from the DoTs and at times my pet, it's enjoyable.

Once I ding 90 though I'm taking a break and leveing my Warrior to 90.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Been Shadow since BC. I think the new mechanics are . . .meh. I don't PvP shadow since I was better at Disc, but from I've been reading I'm better off staying shadow . . .meh.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have been playing a priest since Classic.

I hate everything about shadow's mechanics now. Talents, devouring plague change, whatever the 3 charges you get are called (shadow orbs?)

i have never not enjoyed playing as shadow until now

anyways that's just like my opinion man

I hated it until now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
So, I think it is official. Shadow is the most fun spec of any class to play. The new changes are awesome, and there are even some awesome minor glyphs (My celestial dragon looks awesome in shadowform).

The only question remaining is "Why haven't YOU rolled a shadow priest yet?"

I guess another question could be, "How do you feel about the changes"?

LMAO WHAT?

This spec is so damn boring now, I hate it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]