role play help pweese.

90 Gnome Warlock
ok, Since i am a put them in a box and label it kinda gurl, I need help deciding on what Datocus is in lore.

She is not truly a warlock, more someone who has vast knowledge in many fields of the arcane, including demonology

note she is not super powerful omgurd

but she is very skilled in many feilds.

what in lore would this be called? I wanna say wizard. but it just doesnt fit with the game lore to my knowledge...
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
She would be an intellectual. :P

I don't see any lore problems with roleplaying a character who has acquired a great deal of knowledge on the arcane and fel arts.
Reply Quote
If you were to play her as destro (The fire spec I forget the names) you could possibly play her as a fire mage who has trained in the arts of demonology and can on occasion, when it's really needed, use it.

So. Your box would be "Fire mage with extra tidbits." imo.
Reply Quote
74 Human Paladin
Yes, that is what I would go with. There are a couple of instances of individuals versed in the arcane to take an unhealthy interest in demons and the undead.... Kel'Thuzad himself comes to mind rather immediately.

Fire is the element that links the mage and warlock together, throw in perhaps a mild to extreme phobia of water and there is more than a plausible reason why your functions match your form.
Reply Quote
A Wizard is beyond the powers of a mere mage. A wizard is someone who has mastered the schools of magic, and studies them further and further.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/07/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Regg
A Wizard is beyond the powers of a mere mage. A wizard is someone who has mastered the schools of magic, and studies them further and further.

till they eventually go nuts and blow up half the universe in the process, realize they are clearly insane, have a boss fight with some demon, then reverse the damage and start over again from scratch.

you are clearly not a wizard if you have not blown up a universe or two..
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
ok, Since i am a put them in a box and label it kinda gurl, I need help deciding on what Datocus is in lore.

She is not truly a warlock, more someone who has vast knowledge in many fields of the arcane, including demonology

note she is not super powerful omgurd

but she is very skilled in many feilds.

what in lore would this be called? I wanna say wizard. but it just doesnt fit with the game lore to my knowledge...

Hrm, this is actually an interesting question. If she actively -practices- demonology and the like, I would say that she's a Warlock/Mage multi-classer. I don't see the issue with multi-classing those two classes. In fact, I think it'd be pretty interestin'. ;D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Red_Mage_(3.5e_Class)

Red mage fits your description, in my opinion.

I myself play my warlock as a Blue mage. *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Red_Mage_(3.5e_Class)

Red mage fits your description, in my opinion.

I myself play my warlock as a Blue mage. *shrug*

definitly not a red mage, wizard, or sorcerer, fite the discripion more

more like a jack of -all- arcane trades, masker of many of them.

demonology is not her main skill. thogh she does excell at it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
more like a jack of -all- arcane trades, masker of many of them.demonology is not her main skill. thogh she does excell at it.

Then your not a jack.

A jack is middle range on all skills.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
A mage may know a lot about the field of demonology, but really if you're actually out there summoning fiendish horrors from another dimension to fight for you in battle then...baby, you're a warlock.

Of course, your character can still call themselves and maybe even think of themselves as something else. I quite like arcanist, it sounds posh and vague enough to be anything. Or maybe just 'a scholar'?
Edited by Cythe on 10/7/2012 11:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
Wizard.
Reply Quote
Arcanist
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]