Macro With Modifier AND Castsequence

Heya all, another macro question for you.

What I have right now:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [mod:alt] chain lightning; reset=12 Elemental Blast, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, lightning bolt
/startattack

Now everything about this works EXCEPT it doesn't reset after 12 seconds, it continues through the full macro. I want to make sure if I have a MW5 spree I can cast enough LB's, but also use Elemental Blast off CD. Anyone tell me where my syntax is wrong for the reset?
Reply Quote
Okay, now I'm even more confused. I just found out (on target dummies) that if I cast Elemental Blast then DON'T cast any LB's with the macro, it resets after twelve seconds. However, if I DO cast a LB, the macro won't reset after twelve seconds and must progress through to the end to work.

I'm thinking now that my syntax is correct and this might should belong on bug report forum.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
The reset=X parameter isn't a cooldown timer. It's an idle timer. It says "If I don't press this button for X seconds, reset the sequence to the beginning."

Blizzard specifically doesn't want buttons that change what they do based on a spell/ability's cooldown.
Reply Quote
The reset=X parameter isn't a cooldown timer. It's an idle timer. It says "If I don't press this button for X seconds, reset the sequence to the beginning."

Blizzard specifically doesn't want buttons that change what they do based on a spell/ability's cooldown.

Errrr... that's not how that used to be? A reset timer makes it reset after X seconds. At least, back in wotlk when I used them extensively.
Reply Quote
Maybe I am incorrect, I sure always thought it was that way. Anyways, thanks for the info.

I get that Blizzard doesn't want macros to be a big advantage for players but honestly, if they're going to give me more skills than will fit on my damn screen maybe they should consider opening up a few more options.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Rathshock
Errrr... that's not how that used to be? A reset timer makes it reset after X seconds. At least, back in wotlk when I used them extensively.

No, it's always been that way. In a few cases with certain spell combos, you can almost use it as a cooldown timer, as long as you didn't spam the macro. What you're trying to do, however, never worked.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]