Dispel in Arena

90 Tauren Druid
A few concerns I have about this now is caster cleaves now being to always take someone out of the game. Sure it removes everything on the person but at 1 cost so that person can sit in a CC for another 6 seconds. By the time I can dispel that it'd be a waste bc he sat in the full CC.

Your basically giving casters the ability to completely lock out someone in an arena match at all times. Most of my games just last forever bc I cant dispel and just have to heal.
I feel like all the skill it took to be on top of dispel to be a good healer is just null n void now.
I believe arena is just becoming who gets CC off first and blows cds.

Why is it my dispel is on a 6 second CD and mages spellsteal dispel has no CD/purge/etc. Its an offensive and defensive dispel. So healers are the only ones to suffer from this? A mage can just spam that remove all my hots. If there is dot/cc protection why is there not hot protection. Druids got it pretty good right now but that needs to be addressed. If i can only remove a CC every 6 seconds then Dps should only be able to remove a buff every 6 seconds.

With a 6 second cd on dispel. With as much current CC that is in this game its impossible to keep my partners from sitting in a CC. If my partner eats a sheep during a burst window for a kill I dispel and he will eat another CC immediately after that. I can not remove that so we can land a kill. All I can do is let him trinket but again he will sit in another CC right after that.

I played against a lock mage druid team today and i would dispel a sheep. he would get put in a blood fear. couldn't do anything if he trinketed he would just be deep frozen. or put in another sheep.

There is too much instant CC in this game to have dispel on a 6 second CD.
Edited by Owlgore on 10/7/2012 6:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
you don't want them to dispel all your buffs and procs in 1 GCD.
Reply Quote
Why is it my dispel is on a 6 second CD and mages spellsteal dispel has no CD/purge/etc.

There is too much instant CC in this game to have dispel on a 6 second CD.

1: because mages qq if they dont get their way

2: yes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
my big concern with this is think about the aoe cc's. Say i want to run ebola cleave, what happens when me and the dk get hit with a psychic scream and his fear break is on cd. now one of us has to sit every fear on like a 20sec cd
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/07/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Usera
Say i want to run ebola cleave, what happens when me and the dk get hit with a psychic scream and his fear break is on cd. now one of us has to sit every fear on like a 20sec cd

learn to tremor totem.

mass dispel.

or ????
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]