Combat rogue dps sucking

90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok I have just moved to combat spec and I'm only pulling 15k in raids. What am I doing wrong? Take a look at me profile and my glyphs. I follow the noxxic rotation guide for dps. I need advice, people are telling me I should be pulling way more than 15k at my level in wow.

Would love rotation advice or advice on maybe dumping combat for another spec?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You're using 410 weapons and are nowhere close to the needed hit or expertise levels. Your rotation execution may be perfect but those are dragging you down A LOT.

Also; don't use Noxxic. Ever. They're been horrendously wrong about things quite a few times and just has general inaccuracies all over (in Cata; I haven't bothered to check their Mists stuff, though seeing as the incorrect things were never changed I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Mists stuff was wrong too).

EDIT: I just noticed you're not even 90- so I'm going to assume you're talking about instances, not raids. The same stuff still holds true minus the gearing aspect (a bit). Reforge or do whatever you can to get (and try to keep) your hit/exp at 7.5% even while leveling it makes a very noticeable difference.
Edited by Syger on 10/7/2012 9:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
^ That, also try taking out the off hand mace and get a dagger, get rid of mind numbing for your non-lethal and use leeching poison. With the dagger in offhand you have a faster and better chance of procing poisons and shadowblades will get the most use. (Also why transmog Goa's kegs, they're beerkegs on a stick what's better than that? I run around with those two on when I just do dailies and what not since they're freakin beer kegs on a stick!)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks sygar. Sonora you have two maces. Why are you telling me to replaces mine with a dag offhand?
Reply Quote
Peep, there is no reason for you to get rid of the 2 maces. You "can" lose 1-2% dps using slow/slow compared to slow/fast. But it was mentioned somewhere, and i cant for the life of me find it, that there are certain gear sets and itemizations that actually favor a slow/slow setup by 1-2%.

That said, if you are trying to get the max dps you can, in most a dagger in the OH should provide a very slight dps boost. You should reforge your gear, aim for 5%(?) hit and expertise for dungeons then get as much haste as you can (not much in leveling gear) crit and mastery are your worst stats as combat but if you have to choose between the 2 you want mastery.

When you get to 90, aim for 7.5% hit and expertise as Syger said above and your stat priority stays the same.

Enchants are helpful, but can get expensive.

Leeching and Mind numbing have absolutely NO effect on your dps. The only reason that I agree with your suggestion to switch is because it helps your survivability.
Next, read the top paragraph.
Finally, the weapon choice (slow/slow or slow/fast) in no way effects shadowblades. Weapons with the same ilvl have the same average dps. the change from physical damage to shadow damage does nothing to the amount of damage being dealt.
Koegler's Ritual Knife hits for the same average damage per second that your Gao's Keg Tapper does. On average, the damage dealt by shadowblades with either weapon will be the same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I think the OP just pulled a funny on all you newbs.
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Aceydubs
I think the OP just pulled a funny on all you newbs.

Do you think they will figure it out? lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)