My friend came back for MoP and just quit

90 Tauren Monk
He got to level 35ish on his new monk character. Here is what he said:

World of Warcraft has become abusive. Sure, it used to be rough around the edges back before; its been eight years and WoW has cleaned up. It used to take forever to get into it's dungeons, now you can pop into LFG in less than a minute if you're a tank/healer and the time is right.

But the latest expansion has seen the removal of reporting features for anything other than spam or improper names; you cannot kick someone from group for the first 15 minutes (which has lead to tonnes of people who get in, /follow and then afk till you kick them), and now seems to have some sort of bug that can drop you from group, boot you out of the instance in 10 seconds and then leave you with an 8 minute wait before you can que up for LFG again.

I stopped playing WoW because I was tired of waiting to play for a game I paid for.

In my own leveling on this monk, I have noticed a bunch of bad players in dungeons. They usually set someone to autofollow or they just auto attack everything; they're clearly not giving any effort. Whenever I try to kick these players that I'm effectively carrying through, I get a timer that stops me. Considering many of my dungeon runs are completed in under 15 minutes, I can barely votekick anyone.

Although there is the potential for abuse with more lax votekick measures, I'd rather have that than afkers who aren't even playing the game.
Edited by Murky on 10/7/2012 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
low level game is a stupid reason to quit, the random system is optional.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
This game is faster paced with less waiting then anytime in it's history. I suspect MMORPG's probably aren't a fit for your friend..which is fine, not everyone has to like every game style. I guess what I'm trying to say is, why bother to post about it?

I have many gaming friends and only a fraction of them play MMORPG's. I have never once thought to create a post pasting their conversation with me explaining why they were moving on.
Edited by Psynister on 10/7/2012 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
This game is faster paced with less waiting then anytime in it's history. I suspect MMORPG's probably aren't a fit for your friend..which is fine, not everyone has to like every game style. I guess what I'm trying to say is, why bother to post about it?

I have many gaming friends and only a fraction of them play MMORPG's. I have never once thought to create a post pasting their conversation with me explaining why they were moving on.

My friend has played WoW and other MMOs before. This has nothing to do with game style and everything to do with the tools that are being restricted from our use. We can't kick afk/lazy players which makes the experience worse for all of us. We can't report players for botting or the like if all we have are "spam" and "name".

I bothered to post so that Blizzard can see our problems and hopefully fix it. I also hoped that others might talk about their issues relating to this; Blizzard can't fix it if they don't know about it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
10/07/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Postonforums
low level game is a stupid reason to quit, the random system is optional.

New/leveling players have to go from 1-90. They can get experience from questing, LFDing or BGing. If they don't enjoy the LFD at lower levels, and quit the game as a result, wouldn't this be worth looking into? Just because its "optional" doesn't mean we should ignore problems with it. I think its worth fixing, considering non max-level dungeons can only be realistically run with LFD.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/07/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Murky
New/leveling players have to go from 1-90. They can get experience from questing, LFDing or BGing. If they don't enjoy the LFD at lower levels, and quit the game as a result, wouldn't this be worth looking into? Just because its "optional" doesn't mean we should ignore problems with it. I think its worth fixing, considering non max-level dungeons can only be realistically run with LFD.

How many more would quit if kicking was oversimplified

Imagine being removed constantly for not having heirlooms, or other silly reasons.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/7/2012 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk

Imagine being removed constantly for not having heirlooms, or other silly reasons.

Then we should find some middle ground. Perhaps the timer should be reduced to 5 minutes or so. That would let us kick the offender without running them through the whole dungeon.

Although in my anecdotal experience, I've never seen someone get frustrated or call for kicks for lack of heirlooms. Most frustration arises from afk/follow players; if you look like you're doing something, even if you're not great, the dungeons are simple enough that nearly all the groups I've been in just go with it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/07/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Murky
Although in my anecdotal experience, I've never seen someone get frustrated or call for kicks for lack of heirlooms. Most frustration arises from afk/follow players; if you look like you're doing something, even if you're not great, the dungeons are simple enough that nearly all the groups I've been in just go with it.

That's because it's not viable to do under the current system.

If it was made that much easier, it would become a problem.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Rogue
Then we should find some middle ground. Perhaps the timer should be reduced to 5 minutes or so. That would let us kick the offender without running them through the whole dungeon.
We are already at the middle ground. Kicking is already abused as is, and that is coming from someone who won't hesitate to kick someone if I don't feel like they are carrying their portion of the load.

How do I know we are already at the middle ground? Because there are both people who want more kicks and people who want less and you see both QQ's posted daily complaining about both.
Edited by Psynister on 10/7/2012 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The LFD system is probably the greatest thing to ever grace world of Warcraft. Posting on the forums about the state of level "35ish" gameplay is a waste of everyone's time.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin

I bothered to post so that Blizzard can see our problems and hopefully fix it.

lold
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
10/08/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Lockeestyle
The LFD system is probably the greatest thing to ever grace world of Warcraft.

I'm not saying the LFD is bad, in fact, my friend in the OP says its a good thing. I think he has a valid concern and I just want to make the system even better.

10/08/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Lockeestyle
Posting on the forums about the state of level "35ish" gameplay is a waste of everyone's time.

As I said previously, I've been seeing these problems too. I don't think its a waste of time to try to make the level up experience better. It may be a waste of time to you max level guys, but this type of stuff could make a new player lose interest in the game, which would lead to less subs for Blizzard. Most of these players are also not forum-going folk; I'm just trying to give them a voice.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I could see him quitting if LFD were the only thing to do and he kept having bad experiences.. but it's rather easy to level using other means and skip LFD entirely.

Plus you level extremely quickly these days; he would have been out of that level range fast and then hopefully had better experiences.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I'm not saying the LFD is bad, in fact, my friend in the OP says its a good thing. I think he has a valid concern and I just want to make the system even better.

There is already a perfect solution in place for this.

Queue as a group of 5 players.

If you *choose* to get placed with random players, that is *your* choice. You have plenty of other potential choices. It's pretty common for the easiest choice to often be the worst choice (that is if you like things going a particular way)
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior

If people are willing to just afk in an instance, like your own anecdotal experience has shown, then they will just wait five minutes to kick your friend.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/08/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Hyjinx
I could see him quitting if LFD were the only thing to do and he kept having bad experiences.. but it's rather easy to level using other means and skip LFD entirely.

Yes and no; yes it's very easy to level up via questing, but once you do LFD, it's not so easy for new players to catch the flow of quests. After a few dungeons your quest area is already greyed out, but you can't do the later quest in the zone since the grey quests are prerequisites... you'd have to skip the zone and figure out where to go next. Easy (but annoying) for experienced players but not really for newbies...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus

The timer is based of your record. My most recent info is a starts at 30 minutes for a new account and then gains or loses from their, LFD sub 21-22 is not very good mostly due to the trial accounts playing their FREE wow.

I rarely had a problem post 20 and at the end of the day a individual character is doing at least double the dps the dungeons where originally designed around. In tbc I was very happy with my alts 600 dps at 64, I hit that now on alts between 40 and 50.

What do you want done about it? this is a player problem more then a blizzard problem. Someone is able to kick because they feel they should be too, someone else feels that they where kicked unfairly. Its a not a gain from blizzards pov. One player is happier, one player is less happy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]