Blood DK. Help Please

90 Orc Death Knight
Ok so this is my first post that has any backbone or support to it.

I was a tank back in Cata and had absolutely no problems with dying to easy, but as of lately I tried the challenge modes and did the first boss Stone guardians in MV (didn't down but got close) and noticed that I was dropping like a stone. To the point where my group could not do challenge mode even with a resto druid. At the current moment i am at 8.15% dodge and 20.16% parry, I was 7.65% dodge and 17.54% parry until i just reforged as stated. I was having these problems when I was 7.65% dodge and 18.54% parry. I sit around 90% or higher mastery since I do know that is the stat we want to stack due to our blood shield. My question is why am I dropping like a stone? going from 550k health to 0 in about half a second. Could my recent reforge to 8.15% dodge and 20.16% parry make that much of a difference? I rotate my IBF, AMS, have BS up at all times, when in need I use Army. I just have no clue what I am doing wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ok so this is my first post that has any backbone or support to it.

I was a tank back in Cata and had absolutely no problems with dying to easy, but as of lately I tried the challenge modes and did the first boss Stone guardians in MV (didn't down but got close) and noticed that I was dropping like a stone. To the point where my group could not do challenge mode even with a resto druid. At the current moment i am at 8.15% dodge and 20.16% parry, I was 7.65% dodge and 17.54% parry until i just reforged as stated. I was having these problems when I was 7.65% dodge and 18.54% parry. I sit around 90% or higher mastery since I do know that is the stat we want to stack due to our blood shield. My question is why am I dropping like a stone? going from 550k health to 0 in about half a second. Could my recent reforge to 8.15% dodge and 20.16% parry make that much of a difference? I rotate my IBF, AMS, have BS up at all times, when in need I use Army. I just have no clue what I am doing wrong.

ccing mobs? i know challenge mode is rushing you to complete the dungeon asap but the less time you spend rezzing the faster you clear the dungeon and one less mob beating on you is probably a pretty good start at helping you survive
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Are you talking about challenge modes? Because the stone guardians from MV (i assume mogushan vaults) is a raid. Either way, what's your approach to using death strike? how are you using cooldowns? Do you have logs? All of these would help us figure out how to help you for either content.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/07/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Reniat
Are you talking about challenge modes? Because the stone guardians from MV (i assume mogushan vaults) is a raid. Either way, what's your approach to using death strike? how are you using cooldowns? Do you have logs? All of these would help us figure out how to help you for either content.

I guess I did kind of word it poorly, I would drop instantly in challenge mode and in raids again the stone guardians I would dip low quite often. With death strike I use it when i have 3 stacks or more usually unless I need to stack my blood shield quickly. My cooldowns I use during certain pulls such as on challegne modes with 4 or more mobs. Or if I know when something is going to happen. I wish I still had my combat log from my last challenge mode. I can provide all my stats though.

Armor : 46284
Dodge: 8.15% Rating:2749
Parry: 20.69% Rating:5302
Hit: 3.35%
Expertise: 2.33%
Mastery: 90.66%
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I'm not concerned as much about your stats as I am with your DS timing. You shouldn't be waiting for any amount of SoB stacks, instead death strike after large damage spikes so your healers aren't having to scramble to heal you up after every large hit.

Read through both the basic and advanced playstyle sections here "http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6232223931#6

and see if you are any better off after changing your death strike usage to more fit what's described there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Will do thanks for the feedback.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]