leather BoAs worth it?

22 Orc Monk
KA
Want to try out some mistweaving.....are the int leather heirlooms worth getting?

I do already have a full set for my clothies and spellpower mace. Just wondering if the spirit from the leather is mandatory.

Also....I have heard mistweavers have a built in passive that let's them hit as hard with a 1H and OH as they would using a stave. Is this correct?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I haven't played too much with MW, but I have seen a lot of MW's running around in the cloth looms.

My looms are split between 2 servers atm. Leather is on BB, Cloth is on Alex. Not too concerned. Ive leveled a pally and used the leather/mail int BP loom & cloth shoulders for her since you level so fast and things are so toned down, she was totally fine until Int plate finally started appearing.

When I did dabble in MW on Xiri (in her agi leathers) I was running around helping a friend get to 20 when I was 60. Took 1 tick to get him to full health with the level difference, but some heals, even in agi leather, were hitting for more than my own health pool.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The 5% more intel is awesome. Being hit capped with the spirit helps questing. I would say if you have the funds/JP laying around its worth it
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I m healing with cloth. no problems so far.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I haven't tired the cloth, but I have full healing leather and having no issues.
Reply Quote
66 Pandaren Monk
Haven't had a problem with the cloth. I figure by the time it really matters the heirlooms won't work anymore anyway.

Also I believe we get 70% increased damage from 1h to make up for not being able to dual wield. That's what I recall seeing on my skill sheet at any rate and I don't recall it being that high for the other two specs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
We can still DW, and its still the same benefits and WW and BM. Im using cloth looms on my MW monk.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I healed all the way to 80ish with the leather agi BoAs and some caster leather gear on the off pieces. Just get the agi pieces IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I do already have a full set for my clothies and spellpower mace. Just wondering if the spirit from the leather is mandatory.

I'd say just use the cloth. When it comes to questing, you are a god regardless. Your health will never drop as a mistweaver in leather, so I don't see it going down very much in cloth.
Reply Quote
66 Pandaren Monk
10/08/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Alchaster
We can still DW, and its still the same benefits and WW and BM. Im using cloth looms on my MW monk.

Mistweavers cannot dual wield. They can use offhand caster items (like priests and druids).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
no, don't waste your time you already have leveling gear just go to town and enjoy.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
ive been leveling my weaver in all boa's. (my cape, trinkets, and staff are on my warlock alt atm).

I dont think they would really help your healing all that much. They are nice for leveling though since you get the XP kick. Ive seen a lot of cloth using Mistweavers, and they seem to be doing just fine. Just remember that you will not get leather specialization at 50 with cloth boa's.

Nowdays, you level so fast as it is, you really dont need the heirloom sets.

(edit) On a side note though, it is in pretty bad taste to roll on cloth int. gear. Yes you can do it, but not the coolest thing to do. I was leveling my lock last night and a MW needed on some int + crit pants in a random. When they won, their excuse was that "its an upgrade". There is plenty of int leather gear out there.
Edited by Shentaro on 10/8/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
For leveling it won't make that big a difference between the cloth and leather. You'll only notice if you're trying to do challenging content, which isn't most dungeons while leveling.

That being said, if you find yourself running out of mana or missing a lot of attacks then you might want to invest in the Spi gear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Ive seen a lot of cloth using Mistweavers, and they seem to be doing just fine.
... There is plenty of int leather gear out there.

The issue isn't really about the armor type as it is about the Spirit. Spirit adds to mana regen and hit for MW.

Rolling on cloth crit gear isn't worth it, as you say, unless they had really low Int and Spi on their current item. I needed on a lot of Int+Spi cloth sub-40. Blizz has done a fair job separating caster gear between healers and DPS, but there are those who don't get it. The only DPS that really benefits from Spirit are Priests.
Reply Quote
79 Pandaren Monk
Leather BOA Chest and Shoulders don't have Spirit on them... the helm does. I already have the cloth, so I am not going to farm the leather. The only thing I am missing right now is the Lvl 50 Leather bonus...but performance has not been a problem so far.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Also....I have heard mistweavers have a built in passive that let's them hit as hard with a 1H and OH as they would using a stave. Is this correct?

Sorta. As Mistweavers, we get +70% autoattack damage with 1-hand weapons, and +40% attack speed with 2-hand weapons. This means that auto-attack DPS is relatively equal between the two, but special attacks (Jab, Tiger's Palm, Blackout Kick, Spinning Crane Kick, etc) are still much stronger with a 2-hand weapon.
Reply Quote
The leather headpiece is worth it for the spirit as well as the xp gain but i'd not worry about the chest/shoulder pieces if you already have the dreadmist.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
It really don't worth it, if you already have the cloth INT one its cool, up to level 80 its a cake to heal with any class... and talking about monk you could also have just AGI heirloom and you would be able to just melee heal all the dungeons just fine

At 80-85 range you can buy tons of green/blue gear at AH for 100g a piece that wil just make you overpowered again.

So now the only thing important in heirloom is the % increase to xp gain, stats...or armor type is just a secondary burst
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]