Plate Tank Gear from Heroics

90 Dwarf Warrior
Ok so I am having a problem here. It seems like no matter how many Heroics I run, with instant queues remind you, Tank Gear seems to drop almost never. Like once every 5-6 instances, a piece will drop, and it always seems to be the same piece, or slot you already have.

Then when you do get that upgrade you have been waiting for, the ret pally with 17k dps wins the roll.

My resto shaman was geared in like 3 days. Everything heroic, aside from bracers which only drop from H Scholo. She could be geared twice over by now.

Anyone else running into problems like thiis?
Reply Quote
72 Worgen Druid
First, check to make sure you're not using the Cata definition of "tank gear."

After that, though, I don't know what to say.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm always having mail or cloth drop. : (
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
First, check to make sure you're not using the Cata definition of "tank gear."

After that, though, I don't know what to say.

Yah i know what tank gear is. and even if i didnt, Dungeon Journal prot warrior loot doesnt seem to drop.

I'm always having mail or cloth drop

Yah, mail seems to be most prevelant. More so then any other armor type.

I suppose one of the other problems i am having is Random Queuing. I still have so many Ups i can get, that random Queuing is still viable, and athe 30 valor makes it more appealing. I no longer do randoms on my sham, as i only need one piece of gear from one boss.

When i queue for a random, it seems more often then not, i am being put into a dungeon that is half over. The boss that was just downed is one of the two that does drop a piece i need. So obviously the tank i replaced was just in there for that same reason, and left when his one piece didnt drop. Now i am taking his place, with one less gear chance. If i leave, i get a dungeon CD.

This is really aggravating.

On the positive, i am getting loads of satchels....................
Edited by Bluntfist on 10/9/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm seeing it pretty balanced, aside from trinkets, but those don't exist anyway. Off the start of MoP our guild had a 5 man running of me (tank), resto druid, rogue, warlock, and hunter. Sometimes had a warrior come in for the hunter, but overall we got geared pretty evenly. Helped a lot that we had a group so we could specific queue/manually enter instance where gear we needed dropped. Only pieces that were really a pain to get were trinkets.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I ran a bunch of heroics last night and felt the same way. However, RNG is RNG. I am not too worried about. Just had a bit of bad luck.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12 heroics completed so far (so approximately 45 bosses killed in total) and seen only 2 tank shields (both side grades as i had the crafted one) and one dps/tank 1 hander drop so far as tank gear. Hope its just me and not a planned reduction on tank item drop %.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/09/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Taldorius
I ran a bunch of heroics last night and felt the same way. However, RNG is RNG. I am not too worried about. Just had a bit of bad luck.

I understand it is RNG. But for a class with instant queues and the ability to run as many until you no longer need to, RNG should be in our favor. More instances run, the higher your odds. However it feels completely opposite, and the grind is starting to take a toll on me.

I am going to start specific queuing, but when my loot doesnt drop that run, i am now out 30 valor and a satchel. Feels like a huge waste of time.
Edited by Bluntfist on 10/9/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
RNG is RNG.

That's all that needs to be said I'm afraid. You can continuously run them after you've done the specifics, so run the specifics for whatever slots you're lacking or wanting, then run LFG over and over hoping you get the runs you want. Valor is nice but easy to cap and the Satchels are hilariously bad at getting you anything you really like.

Within a week or two you'll have the gear you need to do LFR and easily run normal Raids, don't stress over it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
My condolences on your RNG, I've been relatively lucky I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oddly the moment I got 463. tanking plate dropped multiple times in every run!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Pants. My god damn !@#$ing pants!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
with all those points you must be sitting on you could probably buy 2-3 pieces by now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/10/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Cptcrushh
with all those points you must be sitting on you could probably buy 2-3 pieces by now.
'

You're assuming he has the rep reqs..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
You know we can see those 8 pieces of tanking gear you've gotten from heroics, right?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Keep persevering.

It took me 10-15 runs of scarlet monastery to even SEE the tank helm drop.

Luckily, it seems there are fewer jerks, and usually pali healers and plate dps will respect your drops and let you have them.

It sucks at times yea, but think of it as practice tanking =)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/10/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Cptcrushh

Valor pieces? Assuming he has already reached this week cap, he should have 3k VP, and that is only one or (With cheap ones) two maximum pieces.

In my case, RNG hates me, I've been doing specific everyday since last week for pants but no luck on the dices yet, always losing them :(
Reply Quote
39 Pandaren Monk
200+ runs of SH before my Figurine of Colossus dropped.

You get no sympathy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I cant get the damn pants, they only drop from the Siege of Niuzao. Ive seen them drop once and some damn DPS bastard "needed" them and then immediately left. I was very frustrated (did I say was, still am)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/09/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Bluntfist

I understand it is RNG. But for a class with instant queues and the ability to run as many until you no longer need to, RNG should be in our favor. More instances run, the higher your odds. However it feels completely opposite, and the grind is starting to take a toll on me.

I am going to start specific queuing, but when my loot doesnt drop that run, i am now out 30 valor and a satchel. Feels like a huge waste of time.

This I learned in High School Algebra but seems I have to relearn it often since I have heard what you said coming out of my mouth sometimes as well. If you have a 1 in 100 chance and you have done the thinig 50 times, what are the odds the next time you run it?

Still 1 in 100 my friend. The odds have not changed at all!

/Salute
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]