What do you all prefer?

Assuming the piece has spirit.
Edited by Rhoza on 10/9/2012 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
TBI
Stat priority back in cata was:
Int > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Considering how spirit works in MoP, I would keep it instead of reforging it away.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I've heard that both haste and mastery reforges are viable, personally I prefer mastery. Ends up being my number 1/2 heal every time depending on instance.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
I'm going Spirit/Mastery@ilvl 462, the absorbs are stretching out my mana bar.

Curious what pallies who've cleared Vaults have to say though.
Edited by Fearthereapr on 10/9/2012 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I've been stacking haste because I felt so slow. I haven't tried mastery yet but that might be better for raids. For 5 mans I feel haste might theoretically be better due to the shorter fights not getting full use out of the absorbs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spirit>Int>Mastery>Haste>Crit imo
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/09/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Glorÿ

That's how i've been rolling aswell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Haste till capped then crit, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER MASTERY
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Int >= Spirit > Mastery > Crit >= Haste. This is how I have been gearing/reforging, I could see crit becoming better with the 4pc and the Glyph of Illumination, but crit atm scales poorly compared to mastery and with how damage is dealt in MV for most fights I find healing more with less is better as haste is a pretty bad stat in a AoE healing situation as Haste doesn't make your Holy Shock come off CD any faster or truly generate Holy Power that much faster and even with the best gear you can get you cannot squeeze off 3 HR's in between 3 pt LoD's and a Holy Shock, where even with 0 haste you can easily get 2 HR's in between 3pt LoD's and the Holy Shock (not that using two holy radiance isn't truly needed for most fights without a holy shock in between as to not waste a daybreak proc). For spread out healing were heavy use of Holy Light and Divine Light are used Haste is clearly superior.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/09/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Vesu
Haste till capped then crit, NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER MASTERY

I've seen you in a few forums and your responses are so far off the mark I can't decide if you are a troll or just have no clue what you're doing.

I run with Spirit>Mastery>Crit=Haste

Haste is crap right now. It takes a crap ton of haste to shave even a .1 off your cast that you end up losing a lot of throughput in the process.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If Using Sacred Shield
Int = Spirit > Haste (to 2025) > Mastery > Crit > Haste (after 2025)

If Using Eternal Flame
Int = Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Crit

I actually always keep the 2025 level even if I'm using EF because I swap quite a bit. I also prefer to have some haste for comfort reasons. If it's a heavy AoE fight, mastery is worth even more with the interaction of Holy Radiance and LoD.
Edited by Adornus on 10/10/2012 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm doing Spirit = Mastery > Int > Haste > Crit

Typically, I'm just dropping Crit when reforging. It always goes to mastery or spirit. I don't gem or reforge for haste, but always keep whatever's OE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For raids, I've been doing Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Haste. IH has been doing anywhere between 20% and 25% of my healing.

I'll admit that I do miss having a haste build when running dungeons though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Assuming the piece has spirit already... Haste - ew. Mastery - yum.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been trying to balance haste and mastery, but cursory examination of some early logs makes me think I should be prioritizing mastery.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If Spirit is garaunteed on the piece. Mastery > Haste (to taste)* > Crit

*-Depends on where you like cast times and the usage of talents like Eternal Flame.

I was always Haste > Mastery > Crit in Cata, and with that gear setup still in play, when we flipped over to 5.0.1, Illuminated Healing began reigning as my top heal.

As I start gearing now, It'll become my prime stat. Between that and the new Might granting us Mastery, Illuminated Healing is quite potent now. Especially when you're working with tanks like Blood DKs.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
10/09/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Glorÿ
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
If Using Sacred Shield
Int = Spirit > Haste (to 2025) > Mastery > Crit > Haste (after 2025)

If Using Eternal Flame
Int = Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Crit

I actually always keep the 2025 level even if I'm using EF because I swap quite a bit. I also prefer to have some haste for comfort reasons. If it's a heavy AoE fight, mastery is worth even more with the interaction of Holy Radiance and LoD.

I was wondering that as well. Eternal Flame with Mastery stacking. In Cata I was spirit/haste 100%. Towards the end of FL HMs and mid-Dragon Soul HMs I found Crit/Mastery being pretty beefy but it seems like both need to go together in order to truly be great. haste/spirit, or crit/mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Whoa, it looks like the Healer Haste breakpoints have changed on totemspot. Hmm. Looks like that extra tick of EF is a good number to reach for at 3506.

http://www.totemspot.com/images/hastebreakpointcards/paladinholy.jpg

I think with enough gear, it will be.

Int > Spirit > Haste (to 3506) > Mastery > Crit > Haste (after 3506)
Edited by Adornus on 10/12/2012 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Would be fun to have answers from people who are actually raiding MOP and not some sobs story from Cata...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]