Blood DK's

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So
Why are Blood DK's not viable for PvP as i have been told time and time again today after beating multiple people?
I do believe that every class and spec is viable when played right and each has their own strength and weaknesses.

Leave constructive comments below and i am not looking for a flame war of how Blood DK's are overpowered, just on your thoughts on if they are or aren't viable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
freaking scrub comps like tanks in arena kind of make me want to puke.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Because beating someone in a duel is not the same as arena. You really think people are going to focus the blood dk in arena? Unholy and frost provide much better utility and damage.
Edited by Akusalol on 10/12/2012 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Akusalol
Because beating someone in a duel is not the same as arena. You really think people are going to focus the blood dk in arena? Unholy and frost provide much better utility and support.

if you play with a healer in arenas and go up against a tanking spec with healing abilities like a monk, pally, etc, combine it with a tank warrior that's just countering your casting double dps comps will eventually die, and healer dps comps will probably end up in a tie.

That is what i mean by a scrub comp.

all they have to do is spam cc by banging the head on the keyboard, and survive by only off heals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blood's damage is trash. Not a useful spec in anything but 1v1 and even then most classes when played well can make a Blood DK look like a little b^tch. Only baddies that think surviving longer means they're contributing/skilled play Blood anymore.

To put it in dragon slaying terms; it's like a DPS standing off in a corner where none of the fire will appear but contributing no DPS whatsoever because he's not in LoS. "Hey guys I didn't do anything useful but I survived the encounter!!! Herp derp!"
Edited by Xendril on 10/11/2012 2:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Now, that's not true a blood DK's damage is quite insane if you look at it right, guessing only reason you think its trash coz your a ret pally. run in Burst same with a BM hunter and warrior and frost DK, if a blood DK is smart enough not only can they live a long time, but they can also bring out alot of damage
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
because if you play a blood dk you're bad
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Because beating someone in a duel is not the same as arena. You really think people are going to focus the blood dk in arena? Unholy and frost provide much better utility and support.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/17/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Icebabe
Nice answer, did you have to think long and hard to come up with it?

yeah I did. Its simple, if you play blood you are in fact bad at this game. Please don't play blood its not viable past 1500.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Frost is better IMO.. The damage it does is insane.. IMO better than that of warriors.

Frost is also less work to be good at..

Frost is just superior in evrything.. Well blood is near un-killable by melee, but not all teams are melee.. Best of luck Vs Shadow preist, frost mage, TREE... They will just CC your blood DK and lolololololololol as they destroy your team mates.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Unholy and frost provide much better utility and damage.

She said dk and utility in the same sentence. lol.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Frost is better IMO.. The damage it does is insane.. IMO better than that of warriors.

Frost is just superior in evrything.. Well blood is near un-killable by melee, but not all teams are melee.. Best of luck Vs Shadow preist, frost mage, TREE... They will just CC your blood DK and lolololololololol as they destroy your team mates.

5.1 is going to fix the unkillable by melee. They are FINALLY putting Blood endless death strike spams in check as they will not scale with damage from players. Something that was suggested back in 4.3 Yet it takes Bklizzard over 6 months to come up with the idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
5.1 is going to fix the unkillable by melee. They are FINALLY putting Blood endless death strike spams in check as they will not scale with damage from players. Something that was suggested back in 4.3 Yet it takes Bklizzard over 6 months to come up with the idea.[/quote]

Right.... cuz they were SUCH a threat lol. People on this thread have done almost nothing but say that Blood is bad or useless lol and yet here you are throwing a party over a nerf to something that was already labeled as bad. makes sense...
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Death Knight
blood is hated because gamers are mortals
and mortals dont like when somebody causes their blood to run backwards in their veins, screwing up their pitful trembling pump :)

Same mage will lolololol 2shot you as frost. I've never seen one frost dk who could beat blood, unholy is toe-to-toe, but yuck, I stay away from it.

Lastly, duels are not meant to be balanced. Balance is in the arena, and there it is situational. You find yourself focused and burned in one second as frost - rematch in blood. You find yourself ignored while popping all cds on that clothie while they snap your teammates - try frost/unholy. It is all about right spec at the right time and "<spec>isbad" posts are not amusing and reek of insecurity.
Edited by Ahrhrahvhahr on 11/12/2012 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So
Why are Blood DK's not viable for PvP as i have been told time and time again today after beating multiple people?
I do believe that every class and spec is viable when played right and each has their own strength and weaknesses.

Leave constructive comments below and i am not looking for a flame war of how Blood DK's are overpowered, just on your thoughts on if they are or aren't viable.

Our battle-group has a Blood DK in the top 6 for arenas. Short of that the next one is rated at 46....

I play Blood DK when I have my SP partner and we normally win 70% of our games. I think If I had another BDK like me we could push it higher. If only the Blood worms didn't die so quickly and DS was a little better.

People don't realize the DS still works on pets and summoned clones/elemental at full power.

Just dropped Frost and picked up unholy a few weeks ago, Loving it but the burst is a bit low compared to frost.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/11/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Fluttérshý
Now, that's not true a blood DK's damage is quite insane if you look at it right, guessing only reason you think its trash coz your a ret pally. run in Burst same with a BM hunter and warrior and frost DK, if a blood DK is smart enough not only can they live a long time, but they can also bring out alot of damage

don't listen Fluttérshý from my experience i have found that almost all worgen players are bad at pvp if u don't believe me log on right now and look at the next worgen player u see
Edited by Nnight on 2/14/2013 10:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I agree with Fluttérshý that we can do some insane dmg for us that know how to play a blood dk. I also like the fact that every one puts down blood dks due to the fact that either most of them cant really play a blood dk spec and do actual dmg or they hate the fact that there are ppl out there who prefer to win more then lose in world pvp and duels and arenas. Now as Zerodeaths said that she wish her blood worms did not die so quickly actually thats a good thing for you and your arena mate since they heal with each burst and for DS to be better just wait till you get a 4-5 count on it then use it unless your facing alot of melee teams then spam away with it just remember to spam rune strike on druids and rogues since they cant block or parry that attack nor can they doge it either.

Over all i think most ppl that hate blood dks are just complaining about how they really have a hard time dealing with blood dks.

Besides that Blood dks are very squishy if you dont know how to play one.
almost for got an all blood team will most likely win most arenas cuz even if u CC one or both of them ur wasting ur time since we will just feed off ur dmg for healing using conversion :3 and rogues kitting a dk does not work any more it just drags ur death out even longer :D
Edited by Yukioz on 3/7/2013 8:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]