Toughest battles so far against the computer

90 Tauren Shaman
Or the NPC tamers.

The guy in highlands with the dark phoenix. That was a tough battle only cause the dark phoenix rezzed itself 3 times during our fight. But I killed it 4 times with ONE of my pets and I still lost the fight. That was the first fight. I think its just up to chance how many times the dark phoenix rezzes itself cause the 2nd fight it only rezzed itself 2 times.

The guy with all the rock elementals out in panda land. Now that was a tough fight. I say rock elementals it was really only one rock elemental and like one shale amethyst and a hedgehog type porcupine looking thing. The hardest one out of all of them was the porcupine lookin guy. He would beat my clockwork gnome DOWN.

Team and strat I finally used to crack him. Rag, Zap and Grunty. Gave up on clockwork cause the porcupine was killing him to easily. Strat as follows. Rag, throw trap, switch out to Zapodos, throw up the big blue ball attack. Switch back to Rag, do his underground 2 round hit move. Keep switching out between rag and zap until both dead. Now this should have also taken care of 2 of his. Leaving the final battle with grunty and porcupine. and with grunty just keep using his fly up attack maneuver whenever it comes up. That was a tough fight but I won.

Yea, gonna start a pvp team but want to lvl up some of my rares and also catch more rares before I start that aspect of pet battles. Get some good healers into the mix.

What are some of other ppl's tough battles?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The orc with two undead dragons out in Dragonblight. I had to level a Ghostly Skull just for him since my 25s were either weak against undead or vulnerable to dragonkin, but let me tell you, the skull's level 20 ability made that fight trivial.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/10/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Ryxl
The orc with two undead dragons out in Dragonblight. I had to level a Ghostly Skull just for him since my 25s were either weak against undead or vulnerable to dragonkin, but let me tell you, the skull's level 20 ability made that fight trivial.

I believe it was in crystal forest or w/e the name of that place is right outside of Dalaran in northrend. Anyway he had all undead. I beat him pretty handily but the coolest move I thought was that Crawling Hand that had that one move like a DK, the death grip where he pulls you to him. That crawling hand used that to switch out my pets for me. I didn't really mind it at the time cause I was beating the crap out of them.

I didn't get stopped in Northrend until Major Payne and that mechanopeep was such a beast I shelved trying to win against him until I lvled up Rag to counter Mechanopeep. Once I lvled rag and had a rematch with him SUDDENLY his bear was the toughest which the first time I encountered him it was the weakest. The only different pet I was using was Rag to counter mechanopeep. So I didn't understand UNLESS they tweaked up the bear to be more challenging.

Anyway due to this difference I lost the first battle. I was unprepared for how tough the bear was. And that flower thing he used was just a pushover really. 2nd battle I won cause I was preparted with grunty who handily beat down the bear and the flower really. Then Rag took out the mechanopeep! It really wasn't the hardest battle I fought.

The two that stands out was the dark phoenix guy and the one out in panda land with the rock elemental. If it wasn't for the dark phoenix rezzing all the time. What shocked me wasn't the fact that he rezzed himself, it was the fact that he rezzedhimself to full health every time. lol And Kept doing it. For anyone facing him just use your Clockwork Gnome.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
The fish guy in Townlong Steppes. I think he was bugged or something since his pets kept getting to attack twice per round and my Darkmoon Zeppelin didn't come back to life when it died.
Reply Quote
71 Orc Shaman
The orc with two undead dragons out in Dragonblight.

^
Reply Quote
I dunno, personally I don't seem to be able to get past the guy in Argent Tournament grounds. His polar bear cub that has a combination of powerful attack and self heal not possible for a player to have, then the mechanical that hits like a... well, truck... and my team ended up dead every single time.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/10/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Safria
I dunno, personally I don't seem to be able to get past the guy in Argent Tournament grounds. His polar bear cub that has a combination of powerful attack and self heal not possible for a player to have, then the mechanical that hits like a... well, truck... and my team ended up dead every single time.

Alright, checking your pets, I would say you need to swap out darkspawn and Hugster, darkspawn good against humanoid, Hugster is good against flying both of which Major Payne does not have. Envy keep cause he will counter the mechanopeep.

If you were using your Jumping Spider to fight the bear I would wait and use him once he hits 25.

My thing was Grunty basically took out the bear and the plant. Then Rag took out the mechanopeep.

When I very first fought him I had him beat. (This was way before I got Rag up to 25) But then the mechanopeep started getting all of these extra attacks in and I lost.
Reply Quote
Ah, no, that is not the team I was using. :) I gave up on trying to beat that guy a few days ago and just moved on, my current team is just whatever I happened to grab for catching new pets in Pandaria. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to level more pets to 25 and try again!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/10/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Safria
Ah, no, that is not the team I was using. :) I gave up on trying to beat that guy a few days ago and just moved on, my current team is just whatever I happened to grab for catching new pets in Pandaria. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to level more pets to 25 and try again!

If that wasn't the team you were using then you were sadly over matched just in lvls alone. I wouldn't recommend trying to take down a NPC until you have atleast equal lvl pets to use against him.

Every pet has a counter that is why before I start actually battling other ppl I will have a wide variety of pets that will counter multiple other pets. Such as the Twilight Fiendling and the Oily slimeling.
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
The orc and dragonblight and blood elf in shadowmoon. Those are the only two I had to come back later to take down. I had trouble with both with my mini Thor's sticky grenade and rez not working as it had been. I had to try a couple times against the Major at the Tourney, but got him down. I've had several wins by the skin of my teeth. Last pet standing at 9, 6 and 3 hitpoints :3

Unfortunately, I don't have a good selection of higher level pets right now. So beating a few of them has been tricky.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

I was having trouble with this guy until I tried Peddlefeet against him. If he chooses Drogar in the beginning vs your Peddlefeet you're in good shape. Drogar will self heal and you can't kill him, but by spamming Rapid Fire and healing on CD I was able to kill his other two pets before he even brought them out. I then switched to Crimson Whelpling and killed Drogar.

Edit: And Major Payne indeed lived up to his name. Unfortunately, after that I only encountered one difficult opponent, the guy on top of the mountain in Kun-Lai summit. Damn his ram/goat and it's one-shot attack. I don't remember how I got past him, but I did. At that point my heavy-hitters were my CW Gnome, Crimson Whelpling and my crab, so I porobaly used one of them.
Edited by Discodoggy on 10/10/2012 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I had the most trouble with the tamer at the argent tourney grounds, mostly because up until that point I had been focusing on clockwork gnome without broadening my pets out.

With the right pet setup I (anyone) will easily stomp out every tamer.

it would be nice to see achievements for beating every pet tamer with the same 3 pets.
Now that would be a challenge.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warrior
I haven't had too many issues thus far. I still have pandaria to go but my Onyxian Whelp, Maggot, Father Winter's helper has gotten me through every fight until that point. Actually for the last few trainers in Cata, I was subbing in a level 22 waveling, a 21 wisp or a 20 twilight spider in order to help them level. I lost a couple times due to lack of fire power because of that, but had I had all my 25s in there, I wouldn't have any issues at all.

I would say the toughest fight for me was the dragonkin in dragonblight. Because two are undead, they rolled over my helper pretty quick if I happened to miss an attack.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I have used Shore Crab, Disgusting Oozling, and Ghostly Skull for every master pet battle up to Pandaria. The ones that were difficult for me were the Argent Tournament, and the Shadowmoon Valley guy. Every other battle I've done on the first try.

It took me 6-7 tries to finally beat the Argent Dawn guy and that was the toughest one by far for me. I hope I can keep the same team for all the ones in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yer I agree with ^^ Major Payne is difficult. The Cub is bugged. My reflect.....didn't reflect any of its attacks "as intended".

Shadowmoon Valley was a tough beat...but managed it with 15hp left on Mr. Pinchy first go. Was well pleased.

As for Dragonflight....I Lol'd at that battle. My pet reflected a flight attack one of them did and my pet stayed in the air and couldnt be attacked. So I killed all 3 of the trainers pets and only lost tiny amount of HP from an initial attack done.
Edited by Enyö on 10/10/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I think you will want a broader range to choose from when you are in pandaria.

Luckily you can capture level 24 pets (downgrade to 21/22 on capture)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Grand Master Major Payne and Headless Jacob were the toughest for me yet. Just started the cataclysm grand master and his pets are epic quality O.o. This is gonna be fun...

Had to sub in a level 20 Water Waveling just to get the bonus against Major Paynes OP mechanostrider. He was almost dead and my two 25s were already dead. Took about 8-10 tries to beat him. Thank goodness the stable master was very close to rez my pets.
Edited by Fawnix on 10/11/2012 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I believe it was in crystal forest or w/e the name of that place is right outside of Dalaran in northrend. Anyway he had all undead. I beat him pretty handily but the coolest move I thought was that Crawling Hand that had that one move like a DK, the death grip where he pulls you to him. That crawling hand used that to switch out my pets for me. I didn't really mind it at the time cause I was beating the crap out of them.

I didn't get stopped in Northrend until Major Payne and that mechanopeep was such a beast I shelved trying to win against him until I lvled up Rag to counter Mechanopeep. Once I lvled rag and had a rematch with him SUDDENLY his bear was the toughest which the first time I encountered him it was the weakest. The only different pet I was using was Rag to counter mechanopeep. So I didn't understand UNLESS they tweaked up the bear to be more challenging.

Anyway due to this difference I lost the first battle. I was unprepared for how tough the bear was. And that flower thing he used was just a pushover really. 2nd battle I won cause I was preparted with grunty who handily beat down the bear and the flower really. Then Rag took out the mechanopeep! It really wasn't the hardest battle I fought.

The two that stands out was the dark phoenix guy and the one out in panda land with the rock elemental. If it wasn't for the dark phoenix rezzing all the time. What shocked me wasn't the fact that he rezzed himself, it was the fact that he rezzedhimself to full health every time. lol And Kept doing it. For anyone facing him just use your Clockwork Gnome.

The dark phoenix kept rezzing because his move called Dark Rebirth. He will rez to full health if he takes a killing blow with that buff on so what I did was just either pass when he had it up or heal myself and do no damage so it just fell off the next round. Upside to that buff is also the fact that if you trigger Dark Rebirth he will gain full health but lose 20% of it every round until death. I'd say just avoid it altogether and don't attack when he has it up.
Edited by Fawnix on 10/11/2012 12:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The damn human warrior at the Training Grounds in Icecrown. Seeing as he was an elite boss, all his pets were legendary,a nd they hit like a truck. The damn Mechanopeep was so annoying. Had ot level my crystalized geode just to take care of the dumb robot bird. Will say I felt quit satified when i one shot the bird with w well-timed crit from my geode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]