Best PvE healers in MoP?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
Best healers- I'd be saying Monks > Paladins> Shaman = Druid > Holy Priest > Disc Priest.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm not saying I want disc to suck and holy to thrive.. Ever since ICC disc just has completely outshined holy.. for nearly every encounter. Why disregard an entire spec to the point of its death?

I'd like to see both specs thrive together and treated as if they were two different healing classes..instead of "if you play a healing priest and you don't want to suck, you'll be disc".

Maybe make it more viable so the two specs can work together nicely.
Team work!!
Edited by Jane on 10/11/2012 9:49 PM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
I've yet to see any healer so broken they couldn't keep up for normal modes. Heroic modes might see some swapping out to gain certain things for mechanics. Spirit link totem, dispersion...
90 Pandaren Priest
10/12/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Rainstorms
I've yet to see any healer so broken they couldn't keep up for normal modes. Heroic modes might see some swapping out to gain certain things for mechanics. Spirit link totem, dispersion...

I'd kill to have dispersion as a healing priest... seriously... critters would die.
85 Night Elf Druid
10/11/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Mïnerva
I've tried doing quite a bit of what twisted has gone over in his posts, and it simply doesn't cut it in 25mans right now. Holy has preformed better on every fight I've done with less effort managing CDs and my mana bar.

I'll admit, I'm not nearly as familiar with 25s as I am with 10s. Historically, hasn't Holy always been better in 25s than Disc?
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/12/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Anarri
I've tried doing quite a bit of what twisted has gone over in his posts, and it simply doesn't cut it in 25mans right now. Holy has preformed better on every fight I've done with less effort managing CDs and my mana bar.

I'll admit, I'm not nearly as familiar with 25s as I am with 10s. Historically, hasn't Holy always been better in 25s than Disc?

That is what I believed.
85 Night Elf Druid
10/11/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Lillith
Best healers- I'd be saying Monks > Paladins> Shaman = Druid > Holy Priest > Disc Priest.

Seems accurate for now, but keep in mind that Monks will likely be getting nerfed soon, and paladins are going to start to suck when damage exceeds the level that their free healing can cover.
90 Draenei Paladin
10/12/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Jilu

I'd kill to have dispersion as a healing priest... seriously... critters would die.

Priest with off-spec. :/
90 Human Monk
est healers- I'd be saying Monks > Paladins> Shaman = Druid > Holy Priest > Disc Priest.

I gotta agree with you there, though disc priest are bottom on healing for obvious reasons.
Monks are destroying the competition already. A little amazed they are getting a buff in 5.1. Our dominance in healing will be unquestionable.
On worldoflogs we are either top or 2nd in the world on almost every raid boss.
90 Human Monk
FYI holy priests are getting a huge buff (chacra states increased by a futher 10%). If you want to play your priest go for it. Holy Priests will be very viable very shortly.

Just forget about disc for now. Blizzard has often shown that they are confortable with only one healing spec for priests being viable per most of an expansion. This time i guess it will be Holy.
Edited by Legionas on 10/27/2012 8:59 AM PDT
100 Draenei Monk
Chasing the flavor of the month is always a bad idea. We could tell you what the strongest healers are now, yes. But given that you're highest is 85, even if you go with him by the time you get to 90 and geared the balance will already have changed.

Right now priest is the worst for raids. Just like at the start of Cata my shaman sucked. Then a couple months later after shamans got buffs and others got nerfs, I was in a great place. Ditching the shaman for another class that was better at the time would have been stupid and not only wasted time leveling/gearing another character, but in the end not even have put me in a better spot.

Play what you like. Bliz will figure the balance out.
1 Undead Warrior
Level a pally, they will always be great.

Don't play your priest. After some of the greatest feedback was left on the beta forums about healing priests, they were ignored. No other class ever had the amount of constructive feedback that priests had. Ever. And we got ignored. Left to a band aid fix a month in.

@ Anarri

Don't spout this crap about how people "are still learning how to play disc properly." That is such a cop out. If you take any of these top players, or take some of the good players spread around Wow, they can effectively take any class or spec, go read Elitist Jerks, forums, or other class dedicated website, import some power aura strings and play a spec to 90% efficiency in about an hour, and probably 99% efficiency in a day or two.

No spec in this game is hard. There is a reason a lot of the top guilds class stack certain fights, because none of the classes are hard to play. If these specs "took some time to learn proper" no top guild would class switch, ever.

1. There is overwhelming feedback in beta and now that priests are behind (wols, etc)
2. Lots of folk have given hundreds of reason why the class feels clunky.
3. Disc's one an only AOE heal is their most efficient heal.
4. The math even says they are in a bad spot.
5. Watching tons of long term priests switch classes is just sad. I know some just liked monks, but not all are monks.

Go be productive somewhere else. I hear MM Hunters are "fine" right now, maybe they just need to learn the spec. Go help them.
90 Dwarf Priest
Disc has been quite strong in Heroic 10mans, and I only expect it to get better as I get my hands on more Mastery. Mana is very tight and the spec is probably the most demanding and difficult of all the healers, but it has been very rewarding. Stick with it--it's been scaling very nicely with gear.

The key to success as Discipline is knowing the fight. Watch timers, and use Spirit Shell wisely. Spirit Shell is simply AMAZING. For example, with proper Spirit Shell use you can almost completely negate every other major damaging ability that Feng does which is a huge boon for your raid.
100 Human Priest
This is what I've seen in our raids, but we've not progressed that far yet. I stopped healing because the other classes were doing so much better with lesser gear. My biggest problem with disc is the mana issue. I'm usually oom before others are even half way through theirs. Plus the MoP changes to disc mean I have to dps while healing. That's just not intuitive to me. I heal as a healer, I dps as a spriest.
90 Human Monk
Monks are for raid healing, Pallies are for tank healing. Welcome your current god classes of healing. R shams are competitive at raid healing because so much of their throughput is in ridiculously powerful cooldowns.
Disc priests are nice to have one for barrier, pain sup, shields for spot saving stupid people, and hymn of hope. But you only need one. Otherwise 2 Pallies, 2 monks, 1 disc, and one r Druid or sham. I'd probably put in the sham because they are flexible tank and raid healers with insanely powerful cooldowns. That's be my ideal 25 man healing comp for 6heal fights. Take out the Druid or Sham for 5 heal fights.
Oh and on gara just stack 3 or 4 r Shammies and go /lol
44 Night Elf Druid
not priests
90 Pandaren Priest
I personally think Priests are in a much better state than the forums would lead you to believe.

Kael is also correct however, Disc is not an unstoppable god of a healer simply because an absurdly skilled guild is 2 man healing with them, you have to remember that your own raid will be much more likely to take that avoidable damage often. (Part of the fun of being a healer is getting to save them from this!)

Situationally disc can be incredible for certain fights, and not that numbers matter all that much, but I personally have almost always been 1st for all of our bosses as holy.

Most importantly, play what you enjoy the most. You'll find that if you get into this rut line of thinking which involves only playing what is strongest, you'll start to simply enjoy the game less. Whatever feels best, is what will be best for you. If it seems like a cheesy answer, well that's because it is. It's very true nonetheless.
Edited by Theissu on 10/29/2012 8:28 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Mage
After seeing and playing the healing classes, I must say that shamans are the best in MoP.

Though I have not played a shaman personally, I did meet one in LFR a while back. His gear was about the same as my holy paladin (470ish), yet he was able to spell out at least 2 times more healing than me - not to mention that he never once ran out of mana.

My priest, with a few pieces of green quest gear from pandaria and about half-way through heroic gear heals at almost the same level as my holy pally. It is now my main.

My druid friend who happened to be in HoF gear can beat my full mana pally in a heal-down with as little as half his mana pool.

I'm probably going to be down-rated for this but this is my opinion of healers in MoP:
Shaman > Druid/Monk > Priest (disc) > Paladin/Priest (holy)

I am not going to say "play what you enjoy the most" because I am currently not enjoying my good ol tank healin' main that I have enjoyed since WotLK.

But there is always that infamous line: "if you can't beat em, join em". Time to dust off that old lvl 40 shaman...

ps: the reason I think paladin and holy priest tied is because they both make good tank healers but paladins are still a bit better at it. However, paladins lack an emergency raid heal (eg: divine hymn, tranquility) and I totally agree because paladins are supposed to be dedicated tank healers, despite the fact that they are set back slightly because of it.
Edited by Sienagosa on 11/13/2012 5:58 AM PST
90 Goblin Priest
I've come and gone over years taking breaks from the game, and my most recent one was pretty much for all of Cataclysm. I took a break also before Burning Crusade, and then when I came back, pretty much did only PvP and questing with almost no dungeon runs up to lvl 80.

Now, in my latest return, I am all off the PvP band wagon, and enjoying the Dungeon Finder and running 5 mans, etc.

I have an 85 Priest (used to heal MC and Onyxia back in the day), an 80 Shaman (pretty much only healed BGs and Arena), and a 45 Druid (leveling now). The priest or the shaman will have to be transferred between servers, and obviously the Druid is a new alt but its on the server I want to play on. In MoP, which is the better 5 man healer? Which is the better Raid healer?

I really love playing my Priest as shadow. I've dual spec'd him since MoP released as Discipline, but haven't healed anything with him. I've healed plenty of lower 5 mans with the Druid, and I like her in there. The shaman is in the mix, but in the past, I pretty much only healed PvP with him. If the Druid or Priest are just as good or better in PvE, then I won't pay to transfer him.

I want to pick one of these as my healing character, and concentrate on learning/gearing that toon. I am not a hard core raider at this point, and I don't know if I will ever have the time to be so.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

It will NEVER matter which healing class is commonly accepted as the "best" for whichever role it may be. Figure out which class you enjoy playing the most, and learn how to be good at said class. If you can't figure things out on your own by reading the tooltips on your abilities and testing out different stat priorities and rotations, THEN proceed to do online research as to how other people who play the same class/spec as you succeed.

Always always always make your own decision first, test it multiple times in game, try another couple options. If nothing seems to be working seek help.

Now the comment that disc priests and monks would be 'best' for dungeon running is true, the off DPS is quite nice and makes everything go much faster, actually this guy usually holds 40-50k dps in heroics and is top damage :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]