Best PvE healers in MoP?

(Locked)

90 Human Priest
Holy Priests make excellent healers. With a stance for both single target and AOE heals, they are versatile for all types of situations. I am always the top heals in my MOP ten-mans, even against better geared healers by a fairly significant margin (5-10k hps). With an ilvl of 478, I've peaked at 62k HPS, and almost always average above 50k on the night, with less then 20% overheal. Disco probably can do more HPS if they really know what they are doing, but I can't fully attest to that. Druids/shamans are usually pretty close to each other, and I've yet to raid with a pally or monk healer. LFR numbers don't really count. Plus void shift is a great poor-mans Lay on Hands.

Stick with the priest, and try out both holy and disco to see which you like most. They are very different, so it's up to you. Unless you want to PVP, then just roll disco.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Holy necro Batman...

Why?!?!

How do you people even find these threads?

I mean...OK, I get it, you're using Google. But why??

I would understand it if you were asking a question. Like, "I want to know which healer I should roll for PvE. Let me search to see if someone else has asked the same question, so I don't have to make a new thread." That would be a totally legitimate use of the search function, and people probably wouldn't give you any crap.

But you're not asking. You're answering. The necromancers are always answering the question. Sometimes it's not even a bad answer...if it weren't for the fact that the question and original answers are outdated by 4 months, a major content patch, and several rounds of hotfixes.

So what is going through your heads when you type in the search query? I seriously want to know. The best guess I can come up with is "I want to give some completely useless advice to someone who will never read it, while dragging up a bunch of outdated information to confuse anyone who actually does want the advice."

That can't be it. So what is it?
100 Blood Elf Mage
I should go necro a thread from December 2010 about how terrible resto shamans are:

"They are not this bad, OP, okay? Just pop ascendance and be sure to use your healing tide totem."

Edit: LMAO, here is one: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1568014758

The best part of that thread are the people saying Shaman were "fine". LOL! Just goes to prove there are *always* people filling up complaint threads with "l2 play" / the developers are always right crap.
Edited by Taymage on 1/25/2013 2:12 PM PST
90 Draenei Mage
ESF
each xpac it seems to switch which heals are stronger Holy or Nature. This xpac Nature is Stronger, in almost every aspect of healing like AoE healing, direct, and mana regen but Holy is really not that far behind.

And as far as priest go they are not bad theres still alot of priest who play most of them like to complain and say their class sucks so they get buffs and try to nerf other healers. Most of them are retarded and cant understand why they have 10k less HPS...could it be that priest bubbles and shields dont count as heals they are under absorb in the healing meters lol scrubs. also priest have alot of cds unlike other healing classes and the oppertunity to blow thru their mana pools is too great for many of them.

Rule of thumb as always been put Nature heals on Raid and Holy on Tanks expect shamans are pimps and can do both now. If you let a pally or priest try to AoE heal of coarse your gonna fail and get dps killed or go oom.
100 Undead Priest
10/10/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Lilyira
My advice? Don't go with your priest. They really are non-viable right now.

You are a crazy person. Priests are excellent. There is no healing class in this game (or any class for that matter) that cannot get the job done. Don't buy into the crap you hear about this class or that class. Any class/race/spec can do their job if you know what you are doing.
80 Draenei Paladin
03/03/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Plaguerat
My advice? Don't go with your priest. They really are non-viable right now.

You are a crazy person. Priests are excellent. There is no healing class in this game (or any class for that matter) that cannot get the job done. Don't buy into the crap you hear about this class or that class. Any class/race/spec can do their job if you know what you are doing.

Go back and look at the date on that post. That was before that patch that buffed disc.
86 Human Priest
I read the first few comments and nearly died. I thought my week of powerleveling (33[left/came back] - 86 in 9 days) were all for nothing.

Then I read page 5, and evaluated the evidence. Yeah, I'm glad I rolled priest for MoP :)

I'm happy with shadow as well, even if I'm planning on healing once I hit 90. I'm able to usually fight off about 6 enemies at a time (from cata green 318's to MoP, thats pretty tough), and my DPS fell off hard from the two patches. All I had to do was sit back, RE-EVALUATE my DPS, and just tweak myself.

So to sum it up, they're right about tweaking the way you play. Don't listen to others. Priests shall always be able to heel while they keel >:D
97 Night Elf Priest
Blood DK's by a long shot.

Soooo True.... Honestly when a Blood DK is Tanking the dungeon I just do dps.
90 Night Elf Druid
^ You necroed an already necroed thread to say that :/
90 Human Priest
I am also curious on this subject can't decide if I should go shaman, or druid for raids...
90 Pandaren Monk
holy nerco batman
90 Pandaren Monk
I say Mistweaver.

I'm wrong, but I still say that.
90 Night Elf Druid
So in conclusion, priests viability in any instance is going to be based upon the players skill level, as well as the skill level of those surrounding them. There is no need for banter or belittling anyone. Learn your class, get a good guild, and there you have it, the ability to heal with anything you choose.. Key step though is learning your class, that seems to be an overlooked part of a nessissary evil.
90 Night Elf Druid
Why you necro?!
100 Blood Elf Priest
Clearly this needed to be necroed again.
90 Night Elf Druid
Druids seriously need a buff in the upcoming 5.2 patch! They are going to suck for this entire expansion I bet.

-posted using Internet Explorer
90 Troll Druid
Druids seriously need a buff in the upcoming 5.2 patch! They are going to suck for this entire expansion I bet.

-posted using Internet Explorer

They're not great, but at least they're doing better than priests. Priests have terrible throughput and mana problems to boot.

You should switch to Netscape.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]