ERROR:The file "C:\Program files........

90 Human Death Knight
I keep getting this when opening WOW please help. ERROR:The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Updates\wow-0-16135-Win-Final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. you may need to download this file again
Edited by Thesexinight on 10/10/2012 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
me too and i don't see any kind of repair tool in the program files anymore.. can't do anything on wow as a result.. can't log in.. nada HELP
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah I just had the same thing happen to me...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Just change the name of the file producing the error, and it will redownload the corrupted file. This is what i did to get it to work.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah deleting the corrupt file wasn't enough for me, I also had to delete all the hidden battle.net files (Agent, Client, Setup)
Edited by Aedrius on 10/10/2012 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So I encountered this problem as well and I was able to correct it without much work. I went to where my world of warcraft files were stored on my computer which is the same directory the error was coming from. So I opened the world of warcraft folder and removed the updates folder from this directory. Just to be safe I copied it to my desktop. I then restarted the launcher and the game took a second to recalibrate and then began installing the patch normally. Anyways hope this helps
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!BIG SHOUT OUT TO Nnamdi HUGS......
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
If you're getting a message about an file in the Updates folder being corrupt try deleting the Updates folder from your wow folder.

This was the fix I was given for the same problem that I had as you, and it worked for me.
Edited by Baziinga on 10/10/2012 6:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/10/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Nnamdi
So I encountered this problem as well and I was able to correct it without much work. I went to where my world of warcraft files were stored on my computer which is the same directory the error was coming from. So I opened the world of warcraft folder and removed the updates folder from this directory. Just to be safe I copied it to my desktop. I then restarted the launcher and the game took a second to recalibrate and then began installing the patch normally. Anyways hope this helps

Yeah buddy! Worked just like you said it would. Thanks for the tip.
Reply Quote
93 Orc Death Knight
Yeah, Its happening to me too. The download stalled out at like 80% so i closed the window and this popped up.
Did what Nnamdi suggested and it fixed the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Encountered the same problem, finally got it to fix by deleting the file and running as administrator. I guess this is a common problem today
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
thanks man , great fix was starting to freak out thinking i would have to re install lol
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks Werms, worked for me also. :)
Reply Quote
87 Orc Warrior
What nmadi suggested fixed it. Lok'tar Ogar!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I just fixed mine and all i did was, at the top of the launcher there was the help button and I clicked the "Repair Tool" and it worked fine for me. :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i deleted the update files in my wow updates folder. there were 2 in there. fixed it for me and i didnt even see this post until now =p
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Hunter
This worked for me as wel, thanks!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]