Launcher reopens launcher when you push Play

87 Worgen Death Knight
I've got this issue where my WoW launcher reopens itself instead of the client. I'm not sure how to fix this. If someone could help me out that'd be great.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Have you tried running it with administrative rights? It could be attempting to update WoW but getting stuck in a loop due to insufficient rights.

If that does not help it would be best to seek assistance on the Technical Support forum.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Death Knight
I just tried, and it didn't work. I'll make my way over there, thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Before you try complicated fixes, change your language to Spanish, then back to English. Should make your launcher force update, thinking it has to translate the game.

They really should include a launcher/client force update option within the launcher preferences.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Skeinhammer, that's the perfect solution! Thank you SO much! I had actually performed a System Restore because I saw some funky stuff going on and wanted to play it safe, and it wiped out the brief 5.0.5b update that Blizz had installed. That's probably the root of the problem--unsuccessfully re-updating and being caught in a loop. Thanks for teaching us how to force install and saving me a couple hours!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bro, Skeinhammer, You are a legend and i want your babies!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
I would enjoy having your babies as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]