How many healers is YOUR raid using?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
ok so this is depressing. we did feng last night and every epicenter destroyed the raid. with three healers using mitigation and healing our asses off we could barely cope, and ofc then had no mana to go on with. first time healers in our guild have struggled. we are copping a lot.. "wow i thought our healers were ok but i guess not". any advice? pls?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Are you using the mechanics on Feng to your advantage? Theoretically Shroud of Reversal or Nullification Barrier should be able to limit the raid-wide damage. We haven't stepped into Vaults yet, but that's basic principal that our raid lead conveyed while discussing the fights.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Heroic Stone Guard: 7
Normal Stone Guard: 6
Normal Feng the Accursed: 6
Normal Gara'jal the Spiritbinder: 6
Normal Spirit Kings: 5
Normal Elegon: 5
Normal Will of the Emperor: 6
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Warrior
maralight, have the tank that grabs nullification be the main tank, and the one that grabs shroud of reversal be the OT that taunts when necessary.

When he does the lightning shockwave thing that stuns people, make sure your OT is standing in it while channeling the shroud. This will give said OT the ability to use the lightning shockwave thing *against* the boss. When the boss starts the epicenter thing, have the OT use it to stun him.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
CAN all the fights be 2 healed on 10m at this gear level? Yes, absolutely!

Do they NEED to be? No, except for Elegon not at all. Do what works best for your raid, if you feel more comfortable going with 3 heals go for it. You can still down bosses so do what works best for your raid team.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/12/2012 02:42 AMPosted by Maralight
ok so this is depressing. we did feng last night and every epicenter destroyed the raid. with three healers using mitigation and healing our asses off we could barely cope, and ofc then had no mana to go on with. first time healers in our guild have struggled. we are copping a lot.. "wow i thought our healers were ok but i guess not". any advice? pls?

Each tank should be picking up one of the purple gems that spawn. Whichever tank grabs the barrier ability should be running to the raid and using barrier every other epicenter. Barrier will prevent all epicenter damage when used at the right time. The raid should stack inside the barrier.

When barrier is on CD, the raid should stack and use a healer CD (or DPS CD such as rallying cry or moonkin tranq or personal CDs)

Shouldn't be taking damage from every epicenter
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]