Why do people think dailies are "required"?

1 Gnome Rogue
10/11/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Martilann
I don't have a solution for those trying to gear up to raids, but I sincerely hope they do not change things because I love long grinds I can do with my wife and brother at our own pace, hope it does not get nerfed, would rather it just be kept as is.

There's no necessary conflict here. All the dailies can be left exactly as is. They can still award valor. That valor can still buy the same gear. Just need to make the valor vendors be regular vendors who do not require rep from the dailies.

Meanwhile, all the special rewards from daily participation like the mounts, the bling, etc would continue to be reserved for folks who did the daily grind. They'd even end up more rare/special than otherwise, because there's that a whole segment of raiders that wouldn't have figured "well I had to do a whole bunch of these dailies anyway for raiding, might as well finish up to exalted."
90 Undead Mage
10/11/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Shead
I don't have a solution for those trying to gear up to raids, but I sincerely hope they do not change things because I love long grinds I can do with my wife and brother at our own pace, hope it does not get nerfed, would rather it just be kept as is.

There's no necessary conflict here. All the dailies can be left exactly as is. They can still award valor. That valor can still buy the same gear. Just need to make the valor vendors be regular vendors who do not require rep from the dailies.

Meanwhile, all the special rewards from daily participation like the mounts, the bling, etc would continue to be reserved for folks who did the daily grind. They'd even end up more rare/special than otherwise, because there's that a whole segment of raiders that wouldn't have figured "well I had to do a whole bunch of these dailies anyway for raiding, might as well finish up to exalted."

Exactly this
90 Worgen Hunter
Quite thankful my guild lets me get away with not doing dailies.
I just don't have the attention span for it, and let me tell you i've tried...i really did. It's just not the kind of stuff i would like to be doing.
Fortunately my guild is quite laid-back, for a raiding guild.
It's all about your attention span....
Edited by Lethoura on 10/11/2012 6:07 PM PDT
90 Worgen Druid
10/11/2012 03:26 PMPosted by Rhandric
Again, the way to get people out of cities, and properly incentivize people to sub for longer durations is to add actually add fun content outside of raids, not forcing people to repeat the same content to make use of a currency that a) is supposed to be used to supplement RNG and b) that's supposed to no longer purchase upgrades yet still does (sure, 5.1, I'll believe it when it's live).

True but the content your referring to takes an absurd amount of time to create and test. Making the content for any game involves and considerable amount of time/talent of the people creating it. With the MMOs the expectation is that you have something to do all the time your playing. I am sure Blizz is sick of the unsubscribes happening when they are in the middle of the expansion production cycle. Those subs help pay for development .

To all, I understand wanting to play at your own pace or "choice" and there are still choices and you can farm rep to get thru raids faster but the content creators won't keep up with you. What takes serious guilds one to two weeks to down takes designers 3-6 months to build, there is no way they will keep up with you. They will continue to make content for you but don't get on their case for trying to make that content last even a minor amount longer. I don't think you guys understand that alot of development happens long before the previous expansion hits the shelves. We are talking years of work that you want to blow through as soon possible and then complain when there isn't more content. They are trying to balance it and you can't please everyone.

Oh and before anyone says anything, I am part of a casual guild. We don't rush through progression but we do make the attempt. They ran MV for the first time last weekend and we will be trying again this weekend. It will be my first time through a raid myself and quite frankly the guild that I am part of sets my pace. So if you feel rushed in your guild either talk to them about slowing down or maybe change your guild. If you still wan't to progress with a pressuring guild that is requiring dailys; then that is the guild not blizzard.
Edited by Peryn on 10/11/2012 6:40 PM PDT
5 Tauren Druid
10/11/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Galaire
Blizzard isn't forcing us to do dailies. Do you have a Blizzard employer waterboarding you demanding that you do dailies? No, you don't.

What is an alternative method of spending VP, other than doing dailies? "Not forcing" means there's an alternative way of obtaining the same outcome.
100 Human Warlock
10/11/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Arborvitae
Blizzard isn't forcing us to do dailies. Do you have a Blizzard employer waterboarding you demanding that you do dailies? No, you don't.

What is an alternative method of spending VP, other than doing dailies? "Not forcing" means there's an alternative way of obtaining the same outcome.

In 5.1 you should able to spend VP to upgrade the stats on existing gear.
I know that doesn't give you a way to spend it right now, but they wanted it in at launch and didn't get it ready in time. Had it been so, I expect it would have solved a lot of this problem though.
5 Tauren Druid
I know that doesn't give you a way to spend it right now, but they wanted it in at launch and didn't get it ready in time. Had it been so, I expect it would have solved a lot of this problem though.

Yes, so if I didn't bother with dailies now, I'd have capped my VP until 5.1, and they will all be downgraded to JP before I can spend any on these upgrades. Even then, would we need to do dailies with 5.1 reps to get those upgrades?
100 Human Warlock

Yes, so if I didn't bother with dailies now, I'd have capped my VP until 5.1, and they will all be downgraded to JP before I can spend any on these upgrades. Even then, would we need to do dailies with 5.1 reps to get those upgrades?

My guess is no, and that this was the intended path for people not doing the rep grind to spend VP, but it's only a guess.
90 Human Paladin
I do dailies for multiple reasons:

1. I like the to be epiced out, but I don't always have the time to raid.
2. I'm an achivement !@#$%. Just the way I am, and I know I'm not the only one.
3. Orbs of mystery and the mounts in this game are ^-*!ing expensive compared to previous expansions. I need the gold.
4. It gives me somthing to do. I've done every quest storywise in game. So until the next patch, the dailies give me something to do when I don't feel like playing another toon or running a dungeon or scenerio.
5. Unlock Cata dailies, I have to go across the most of the zones to do them, which means I can farm mats. In cata you you did whatever dailies in one zone, ported to SW and then go to another zone. You never had to travel out of one zone to get to the other

Is doing dailies required? No. Its just something people want to do. For whatever reason you decide to do them, whether its one of the reasons I do them or for whatever reason you do them, its not wrong.
90 Human Warrior
It's not that I'm worried about falling behind other players, it's that I want to quickly get geared enough to do raids. On my server, most guilds are looking for player with around ilvl 470. This is only obtainable through LFR and valor gear. This is why it's required. I mean it doesn't even matter at this point, I despise the dailies with all my heart and I'm still gonna grind four factions to revered just so I have access to their valor gear. So, the jokes on me I guess.
90 Night Elf Druid

Unfortunately, a lot of it is poorly itemized 463 stuff for most specs.

thats what reforge is for.

which makes an item less sucky.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 10/11/2012 9:40 PM PDT
86 Night Elf Hunter
10/11/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Dippindotss
Epics from each faction's quartermasters are iLvl 489.

I'm a nub, you mean like racial faction? Or are you talking about the 489 valor point items from the faction vendors in the vale?
This is correct. You don't need to do dailies to get the gear you need to go into dungeons or Raid. I've known of many people now who geared up without doing this (successfully and quickly). There are a variety of ways to get gear beyond the dailies including crafting and dungeon runs themselves.

Most of the items that you can get from the dailies are either available at a lower (read not exalted) reputation or are just not necessary and are more cosmetic or fun items. Just doing the normal quests through the zones can also get you easily into Heroic dungeons and on.

What? You could not be more wrong. Name one piece of Valor gear you can buy without rep. Debate over. This just solidifies the fact that the developers really don't play the game they design.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I heard you liked dailies so I put some dailies in your dailies so you can do them daily.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know the MV normal modes seem 10x harder then the DS heroic modes. People probably do need more gear and thus have to do dailies.
Edited by Zumi on 10/12/2012 12:10 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Zumi
I don't know the MV normal modes seem 10x harder then the DS heroic modes.

I cant state about DS, though I can say mechanically the first two bosses alone are harder than the entry bosses for T11 and the bulk of the mechanics rests on the tanks which is personally not the way to design the entry level bosses.

To note I did not find the entry bosses to T11 to be hard or over tuned and have had PuGs on my other toon do them within the first few bosses within the opening months of Cata when most players was still in blues and "casuals" complained that PuGs couldnt do it.

10/12/2012 12:09 AMPosted by Zumi
People probably do need more gear and thus have to do dailies.

With healers primary source of mana regen coming from spirit and how regen is supposed to not increase as rapidly as it did in Cata, healers on the PuG level and those with less skilled groups gotta go spirit heavy to make up for a lot of the mistakes players make. I am not noticing the regen increase much with new gear, although the throughput increase is noted and definitely needed.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 10/12/2012 2:14 AM PDT
i just simply don't like how the valor points i earned by doing dungeons are rotting away because i dont want to do dailies

honestly, there's nothing i can do with my 2000 points of valor

next week i'll have 3000, then what? can't even bank up any more
90 Human Death Knight
I don't know...I haven't found a vendor that lets me use my valor points earned from instances and lfr...without grinding for rep...via dailies as of yet.

Maybe I'm wrong but that seems to make it required content.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]