Why do people think dailies are "required"?

90 Night Elf Druid
Ive been doing dailies almost every day and still not revered. Some people don't have time to play for hours every single day. The dailies ARE FORCED if you want "good" gear" above the heroic crap. Not like you can gear up super fast in raids.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/11/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Aani
This is correct. You don't need to do dailies to get the gear you need to go into dungeons or Raid.

While your statement is technically correct in that you can, in fact, go into raids or dungeons without VP gear, you would be intentionally gimping yourself by not doing them.

The raiding culture, which as functionally existed as long as WoW has, dictates that you do everything you can to maximize your characters' potential to help down content efficiently. Not doing dailies isn't an option if you want to seriously raid as you would be shutting yourself out from guaranteed upgrades.

And all that said, there is still no good reason to put raid gear behind daily quests. I am 100% behind locking mounts, tabards, transmog gear, flavor items, etc, behind dailies. It would lend more choice, for me, personally. Right now I am am grinding factions whose mounts I dont want (Klaxxi in particular) to get gear I need. I'd prefer to be doing other factions at a casual pace.

You can argue all day that it isn't required to unlock VP gear and you're simply incorrect. And it is an extremely pointless argument since you could remove the VP gear and keep in highly desirable items people WILL grind for, it would just actually open up more fun options for people.

This isn't just the raiding culture, although the raiding culture has been at the heart of promoting this. Players who don't raid have that mentality as well. In part because Blizzard has crafted a game that is all about this. I'm not sure why they think it's okay for them to turn around and say the exact opposite and deny that it feels required.
100 Human Warlock
10/11/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Ganjiek
Ive been doing dailies almost every day and still not revered. Some people don't have time to play for hours every single day. The dailies ARE FORCED if you want "good" gear" above the heroic crap. Not like you can gear up super fast in raids.

Really? I got three drops from three bosses in LFR today, using a coin on each. That's three pieces in a week, two of which were actually useful.
90 Human Paladin
But no matter how much you attempt to redefine reality, the reality is that they are only required to accomplish tasks you have chosen to give yourself.

You only have to play this game because you choose to. Your logic makes no sense at all.

The point of dailys being required is that if you are even semi-hardcore and care even a little about progression you MUST do dailys for a few weeks. Everyone in my guild is doing them without being asked. You people act as though it's taking all your free time. I do literally every single daily every day and it takes about 90 minutes total.

You people need to QUIT WHINING. Don't play this game if you don't want to.
26 Goblin Warlock
I'm no raider by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems to me that doing dailies could be a somewhat helpful for raiders, but required??? I haven't completed all the questlines yet so Im sure in those level 90 areas, you may get better drops and rewards, but with all the other ways to earn valor points etc and since you don't need rep anymore to get the head and shoulder enchants, are daily grinds still THAT necessary? I do 30 a day now and I know I haven't uncovered all of them yet but I as I stated in an earlier post, I like them. I already had the higheste achievement for completely dailies before the x-pac came out. I feel bad for you if your dedicated raid group is telling you "You HAVE to do these" and you hate them though.
Well obviously people feel forced regardless of what you think. It's a very valid feeling because well THEY ARE. The rewards are simply to good for character progression purposes regardless of whether you choose to accept that or not. Sooooo since the optional content is to rewarding it has ceased to become optional (something ghostcrawler knows full well) and just feels mandatory now.

I know exactly why you don't want them to though. You know if they do that NOBODY will touch dialies because then they will truly feel optional. Blizzard has been caught with it's hands in the cookie jar. It has to provide a reward GOOD enough so that players can overcome their natural laziness and dislike of boring dailies to get up there and do it and then at the same time claim they aren't required when they feel that way because the reward is exactly that good.

When you have proof come back to me and since you don't you can go on with your wild conspiracy theories.

It's not a conspiracy theory. Why else is the gear on the vendor? Can you think of another reason other than as a lure to get people to do dailies and out into the world? Look they added so much actual choice this expansion EXCEPT the one spot they ignored it in. Cmoooon CMoooon it's so obvious it's so transparent. Dailies have always historically only had gold and cosmetic crap on them. Mounts and pets and vanity stuff. WHY now does it change?
10/11/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Bubbleøseven
But no matter how much you attempt to redefine reality, the reality is that they are only required to accomplish tasks you have chosen to give yourself.

You people need to QUIT WHINING. Don't play this game if you don't want to.

I hope people upset about these dailies take this advice to heart and stop playing the game. The changes many of us are asking for will implemented all the quicker then. Good times. Good times.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Saying the dailies aren't required for raiding is like saying I'm required to not shoot myself in the foot before I run a 26k. I don't HAVE to not shoot myself in the foot, BUT IT'S AN OPTION. I'm sure running a marathon with a gunshot wound would make that marathon really interesting, BUT DON'T IT'S JUST AN OPTION.
Edited by Alysíum on 10/11/2012 11:08 AM PDT
26 Goblin Warlock
WOW. Well stated.
100 Human Warlock
10/11/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Bellynda
I feel bad for you if your dedicated raid group is telling you "You HAVE to do these" and you hate them though.

This.

I've been in those groups. I don't want to go back, as I said earlier I've seen what it has turned people (myself included) into. I'll stick with clearing the raids slower, they'll still be cleared before the next one is out anyway.
90 Pandaren Monk
You forget that you HAVE TO DO DAILYS in order to get crafting recipies etc and let's not forget the worst system ever implemented - gated faction rep...yes the golden lotus and the others that follow. If those were like the Tiller type daily's I would have no problem..but to sit there for an hour doing the daily's trying to kick down a statue first or tag a mob is hell.
90 Gnome Mage
10/11/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Bromday
Every thought of the possibilities that those dailys are meant for people that can't commit to raids?

I'm one of those players who cannot commit to a raiding schedule. Just because I cannot raid doesn't mean I want dailies as my main PvE progression path. Just because I cannot raid doesn't mean I hate a challenge.
90 Troll Hunter

This is correct. You don't need to do dailies to get the gear you need to go into dungeons or Raid. I've known of many people now who geared up without doing this (successfully and quickly). There are a variety of ways to get gear beyond the dailies including crafting and dungeon runs themselves.

Most of the items that you can get from the dailies are either available at a lower (read not exalted) reputation or are just not necessary and are more cosmetic or fun items. Just doing the normal quests through the zones can also get you easily into Heroic dungeons and on.

I love you!
90 Human Rogue
Saying the dailies aren't required for raiding is like saying I'm required to shoot myself in the foot before I run a 26k. I don't HAVE to not shoot myself in the foot, BUT IT'S AN OPTION. I'm sure running a marathon with a gunshot wound would make that marathon really interesting, BUT DON'T IT'S JUST AN OPTION.

My priest is 471 item level without doing dailies.

Is it not ready to raid?

10/11/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Feralsmonk
You forget that you HAVE TO DO DAILYS in order to get crafting recipies etc and let's not forget the worst system ever implemented - gated faction rep...yes the golden lotus and the others that follow. If those were like the Tiller type daily's I would have no problem..but to sit there for an hour doing the daily's trying to kick down a statue first or tag a mob is hell.

Dailies aren't the only way to Golden Lotus rep.
Edited by Sintharia on 10/11/2012 11:09 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warrior
10/11/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Sintharia
Saying the dailies aren't required for raiding is like saying I'm required to shoot myself in the foot before I run a 26k. I don't HAVE to not shoot myself in the foot, BUT IT'S AN OPTION. I'm sure running a marathon with a gunshot wound would make that marathon really interesting, BUT DON'T IT'S JUST AN OPTION.

My priest is 471 item level without doing dailies.

Is it not ready to raid?

Current requirement for LFR is 470 so if you just barely make the LFR ilvl req I would say no.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]