Know Your Role

I did a couple of these without taking damage but got no credit...if my pet takes damage does that null it for me? Seems kind've lame.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Just hire a few goons to do all the heavy lifting for you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Yeah, I've always quietly 'loled' over the fact that pets/minions will "stand in the fire" - but definitely lame that it counts you off for that achievement. Just dismiss pet for that fight & try it? Just tell people in group you're doing it for that reason.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I don't know about that, I've been using my voidwalker to tank and I am still getting credit for it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I actually lost credit for Spirit Dust overnight. Did it (and a few others), got credit, and found out on the next day that I no longer had that one...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/19/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Argent
I actually lost credit for Spirit Dust overnight. Did it (and a few others), got credit, and found out on the next day that I no longer had that one...

That's because when the daily resets it removes that from criteria, just like how the Darkmoon rep items were bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Bad part about the reset of it...Blizzard has already said, "we cant give it to you, you have to do it again."
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
10/19/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Argent

I also lost credit for the 'Spirit Dust' line item on 10/21 after getting it done the night before. I suppose that I should post this in the bug forum so it has a shot at being fixed.

-HP
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I've had Cheng Bo and Uruk both not give me credit, I've 100% not got hit. My partner did get credit for both though. According to wowhead this is pretty common.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I would seriously like to know how these awful achievements made it through beta. What a nightmare! What a terrible idea and it's poorly designed. Just opened a ticket but I know no one will care. Did not receive credit for Silent Assassins yesterday either. I have to go and inconvenience guildies to practically do the work while I fly around overhead. After all that to not even get the achievement done?! Get rid of the achievement!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
10/21/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Hasu
I would seriously like to know how these awful achievements made it through beta. What a nightmare! What a terrible idea and it's poorly designed. Just opened a ticket but I know no one will care. Did not receive credit for Silent Assassins yesterday either. I have to go and inconvenience guildies to practically do the work while I fly around overhead. After all that to not even get the achievement done?! Get rid of the achievement!

I've lost count how many bugged achievements I've run into since launch. For Silent Assassin, you won't receive credit if you turned in any of the quests while mounted.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
WTB achievements that work...isn't that what beta's and PTR's are for?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Too frustrating as a melee personally. Just waiting for some guildies to advance far enough in the Golden Lotus rep to unlock the Shado-Pan's (they're so damn slow!).
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Paladin
Yep.. killed Cheng Bo two days in a row without taking damage.. no credit.

Oh and look at that.. Spirit Dust which I got credit for yesterday I somehow don't have credit for now.

So what was the point of having millions of people able to beta test this expansion again?

10/19/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Seiryu
That's because when the daily resets it removes that from criteria, just like how the Darkmoon rep items were bugged.

Then if that is indeed the case the achievement is unable to be completed given the fact you can't get all of the quests the same day.
Edited by Mungoyoyo on 10/23/2012 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yep.. killed Cheng Bo two days in a row without taking damage.. no credit.

Oh and look at that.. Spirit Dust which I got credit for yesterday I somehow don't have credit for now.

So what was the point of having millions of people able to beta test this expansion again?

Then if that is indeed the case the achievement is unable to be completed given the fact you can't get all of the quests the same day.

All your other progress saves (assume you actually get credit), but Spirit Dust is the only one that constantly gets unsaved.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/21/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Inori

I also lost credit for the 'Spirit Dust' line item on 10/21 after getting it done the night before. I suppose that I should post this in the bug forum so it has a shot at being fixed.

-HP

Ugg so that explains it. The worst god damn one too...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
Not to mention that achievement is very, VERY unfair to most melee classes. I can see rogues stunlocking the mobs to take no damage, but warriors, paladins, etc will have a nigh impossible difficulty trying to get that achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not so difficult for a Ret paladin to do, we do have more ranged damage than a rogue or warrior.

Still doesn't matter though, since I'm not getting credit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Cheng Bo and Uruk are really sneaky and lame; not only do you not have to get hit on those quests, but the prerequisite quests for them as well. In addition, abandoning and retaking the quests will not reset the trigger for it that day.

So pretty much? You have to do EVERYTHING in a day without getting hit to get credit. It sucks.

Also, you don't get credit if you turn in quests when mounted. FUN.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
It's pretty nuts. I tried getting the one to kill 16 Yaungol by picking off single Pitchthrowers (since they don't charge or do an instant cast AOE). But I got adds and well - so much for doing this today.

It would be one thing if the companions were considered pets under our control, but the way it is now the achievement is virtually impossible without doing the "one person does the work and the other flies overhead" method.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]