Should I be aiming for hit/exp cap?

90 Worgen Death Knight
Debating if i should reforge all my hit and exp to mastery or parry. ATM my hit is only 4.11% and exp is 3.25.

Should i aim for the caps? or just reforge to mastery/parry/dodge all the hit etc.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
/bump
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6232223931

Read this... Dont be lazy... read it!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I'm not sure on DK mechanics -> you should probably look at the DK forums, there is a tanking thread that explains stat priorities.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If I recall correctly a DK's Rune Strike and Death Strike cannot be parried.

If that is the case then 7.5% hit and 7.5% expertise is all you need.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
im Glad you guys cant read well LOL

I asked if I SHOULD ignore hit/exp or not..............
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

That's not what the title says.

Topic

Should I be aiming for hit/exp cap?
Add a reply
Bloodfàng
90 Worgen Death Knight
Bane
Debating if i should reforge all my hit and exp to mastery or parry. ATM my hit is only 4.11% and exp is 3.25.

Should i aim for the caps? or just reforge to mastery/parry/dodge all the hit etc.
[e] formatting
Edited by Guidance on 10/11/2012 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
3) Stats

If ignoring hit/exp:
Stam (until you have enough effective health)>Mastery>Parry=Dodge>Haste>Hit=Exp

if hit/exp capping:
Stam (until you have enough effective health)>Mastery>Hit (to 7.50%)=Exp (to 7.50%)>Parry=Dodge>Haste

"Which priority do I follow?" - You

Generally only aim for hit/exp if you can handle the slight increase in damage taken. Farmed content, easy content, and dps races (ultraxion style) are situations where you would probably choose to hit/exp cap.

Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Actaully you did not say that at all...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
3) Stats

If ignoring hit/exp:
Stam (until you have enough effective health)>Mastery>Parry=Dodge>Haste>Hit=Exp

if hit/exp capping:
Stam (until you have enough effective health)>Mastery>Hit (to 7.50%)=Exp (to 7.50%)>Parry=Dodge>Haste

"Which priority do I follow?" - You

Generally only aim for hit/exp if you can handle the slight increase in damage taken. Farmed content, easy content, and dps races (ultraxion style) are situations where you would probably choose to hit/exp cap.

Right now DK's do not need Hit or expertise. However, having some hit/expertise can help increase DPS and build SoB stacks which increase the effectiveness of Death Strike. Basically, if you can survive the content got Hit/Exp but it is a slight loss of survivability.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Also, that's wrong, parry is NOT on par with dodge. Parry is way better.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Well if outbreak uses the spell hit table you do want 15% spell hit.

Having 7.5% hit and 7.5% expertise when added up will put you there.

Missing outbreak then having to apply diseases with Icy Touch and Plague Strike would suck imo.
Edited by Fangthane on 10/14/2012 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
10/12/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Krinu
Also, that's wrong, parry is NOT on par with dodge. Parry is way better.
from the same sticky:
Balancing Avoidance and DR
Gone are the days when we just needed to balance ratings. With the new DR mechanics We'll want to balance the % on our character screen according to this equation:

Parry% = 3.588*dodge% - 10.757 (with Rune of Swordshattering. subtract 4 from the total if you have another runeforge on your weapon)

So for example if you had 14% dodge on your character sheet, you would want...
3.588 x 14 - 10.757 = 39% parry rating.
Unless you are going for an avoidance build, never take out of mastery to balance your avoidance stats.

If you prefer a macro over a simple equation, this will also work.
With Swordshattering:
/run d=GetDodgeChance() n=3.22 if UnitRace("player")=="Gnome" then n=n-.01 end p=235.5*d/65.631440-((235.5/65.631440)*5.01-n)+4 DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Ideal parry for current dodge: "..string.format("%.2f",p))

Without Swordshattering:
/run d=GetDodgeChance() n=3.22 if UnitRace("player")=="Gnome" then n=n-.01 end p=235.5*d/65.631440-((235.5/65.631440)*5.01-n) DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Ideal parry for current dodge: "..string.format("%.2f",p))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]