Problem with new computer.

I recently built a new PC and WoW is behaving very unreliably. I'm constantly getting artifacts and the screen will quickly flash black for a moment.

I've checked temps, and the video card never gets above 53c. The CPU has hit 61c.

My video card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 7870.

Video drivers are up to date as well.
Edited by Nakuul on 10/2/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
What is the power supply?
Both PCI-E power plugs installed into graphics card?

I assume you did not OC the graphics card.

Seems like your GPU has faulty VRAM.
Reply Quote
Power supply is PC Power and Cooling Silencer 500.

Everything is plugged in.

Nothing is OC'd.
Edited by Nakuul on 10/2/2012 5:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Then I'll say your graphics card has faulty VRAM. Try testing the card in another working PC to be sure.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately I have no other PC's available. I may just end up sending back the card. I have been reading that this card has quite a few problems for people, so I was wondering if it's really just an isolated incident and I can pick up another of the same card, or if I should just choose another card.

If I were to pick a different card, what would you recommend that would have similar capabilities?
Edited by Nakuul on 10/3/2012 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
GTX 660 costs slightly more, and is slightly behind HD 7870 in all games except in nVidia favored games. HD 7870 can OC and thoroughly destroy GTX 660 as GTX 660 doesn't OC well at all.

GTX 660 Ti costs about $100 more, and is slightly ahead HD 7870 in all games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]