In a war which bug race would win?

90 Draenei Death Knight
In an alternate dimension the Mantid, Silithid and Nerubians are at war. Assuming they all clashed and they were all at the peak of their empires.

EDIT
Edited by Amathyst on 10/2/2012 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
Would a can of bug spray on one side be cheating?

Anyway, Id say the Klaxxi would lose, Silithid 2nd and Nerubians first. The Nerubians have always had the biggest empire, covering all of Northrends underground and what not.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Mantid, not Klaxxi. Klaxxi is a group within the mantid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I love Mantid... But I also love Nerubian... Mantid.... but Nerubian...

I can't decide.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I vote for Nerubians, seeing as they took several years for the Undead Scourge to defeat, while the other two took a few months to destroy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The Twin Qiraji Emperors work to get the other two empires to fight each other then sweep in and wipe them both after they've exhausted their forces.

GLORY TO C'THUN
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'm honestly not sure myself. I was around in vanilla to get up to date with all the lore on the silithid. I haven't done enough of the mantid yet and the Nerubians seemed like they didn't really have anyone to contend with in Northrend they just kept to themselves under ground.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
Qiraji would probably win. The Nerubians are only an offset race of Aqir forced to adapt to Northrend's harsh climate due to their wars with the Trolls. And do keep in mind that they have an Old God in their basement for defensive reasons. The other two bug races don't even have a hulk.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Nerubians. Because anything that chooses to live in Northrend is badass.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Ethereals.

....Oh what you thought because of their human disguise that they were humanoid energy beings? No....they are much more devious in nature than that! They're energy bugs!

/crazy
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The Mantid have ultralisks...

... Ultralisks that can fly.
Edited by Kyalin on 10/3/2012 6:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Going with Qiraji on this one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hm, well the Nerubians had the largest empire, and they seem to be the most civilized. It could merely be the sheer level of desperation the scourge has reduced them to, but if push comes to shove it seems like they'd be the ones who could actually seek out allies outside their own kind. They, however, clearly had a standing animosity between themselves and Yogg Saron, the most active of the Old Gods between the three contestants.

The Qiraj seem to mostly rely on sub-sentient swarms of "silithid" to make or break their armies, and while they're in line with C'thun, it's clearly the weakest of any of the still living Old Gods. The Titans hit it so hard they didn't even bother to bottle it up, unlike Yogg.

The Mantid, meanwhile, while devoid of any Old God patronage, do seem to be the most technologically advanced, using weapons instead of (or alongside) claws, and even advanced knowledge of genetic manipulation. They've even got the whole "balance of political powers" thing going on in theory, another sign of advancement over the other insects.

I'd call it a tossup between the Mantid and the Nerubians, slight advantage to the Mantid.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
10/03/2012 04:50 AMPosted by Ericartman
The other two bug races don't even have a hulk.

Mantid have Kunchong and the Nerubians have giant spiders like Maexenna and such, plus Jormungar.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Mantid seem awfully dependent on their trees though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Nerubians.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]