New Symbiosis Changes

90 Tauren Druid
Does anyone else feel that the recent change limits our already limited choices for this? I know I hopped into raid today, and found out both our tanks got spells they weren't going to use. Now it's pretty much required I give it to our priest or warlock, maybe a paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, I mean it's bad enough what WE get is pretty useless, but I thought "hey help the tank with an extra cooldown" - now we can't do that? Please take away this crappy 87 spell for something USEFUL to me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
exactly, I feel like the utility was taken away. now all you do is write down the 2 or 3 acceptable classes and hope you have one.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What did they change? (Still catching up with everything, sorry)
Reply Quote
76 Human Monk
I actually liked the change; before it gave suvival cooldowns, so druids were forced to give them to tanks. Now they have more freedom and perhaps can give to someone based on what the druid will get.

I just didn't understand why prot pallies got wrath. Now that's a dumb choice.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
As a resto raider, Symbiosis was a spell to give tanks another cooldown. With this change I'll most likely be taking it off my bar altogether - my toolkit is sufficient to handle things considering the lack of real advantage the spell offers now. It just isn't worth the hassle of the 5.5 second cast every single time I ghost-run back into the raid.

Edit: I suppose I complained about something and didn't offer a solution, which I'll do now: let restoration druids grant the tank cooldowns and the other specs grant the changed choices. To remove a choice that we welcomed with open arms not because it was the numerically-superior choice but because it made our lives easier and our contribution better-felt in the raid in the name of "choice" really just hurts us.
Edited by Gray on 10/3/2012 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Does anyone have a link to the changes?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Symbiosis has been changed, and now grants the following abilities:
Protection warriors - Stampeding Shout
Blood death knights - Wild Mushroom: Plague
Protection paladins - Wrath
Brewmaster monks - Bear Hug

What garbage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well not that we run with a Prot pally anyways (They smell funny...) giving Sym to our spriest felt much more useful for certain fights.

Being able to have ANOTHER tranq to weave in is fantastic, add in me having grip. We could rotated it so every shield needed for feng had a grip for the tank.

When it gave the tanks a defensive it felt almost required on them. So personally I approve of this change! <3
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I just didn't understand why prot pallies got wrath. Now that's a dumb choice.

I agree, this an extremely peculiar choice to make for this change. Did they at least remove the cast time from it? If they didn't, unless something has dramatically changed, I thought that unless a paladin tank was absolutely desperate for a heal (and even then would consider the cost vs. benefit), they would never-ever-ever use anything with a cast time.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
they would never-ever-ever use anything with a cast time.

This is why Ret didn't use it either.

Hey - what does ret get now since prot gets Wrath? Still the same thing?
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Nagoto
they would never-ever-ever use anything with a cast time.

This is why Ret didn't use it either.

Hey - what does ret get now since prot gets Wrath? Still the same thing?

Yup.

The stampeeding shout that warriors get has a 10 minute cd from what I was told.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The stampeeding shout that warriors get has a 10 minute cd from what I was told.

Wouldn't want Kitty Cleave to have to much mobility -laughs-
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Symbiosis -> Rogue; Cloak of Shadows, CoS + Tranq on Feng as needed, gg.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=110309/symbiosis
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Meh, looks like the only ones it's worth giving to anymore are shadow priests, holy paladins (if all of your battle reses are on CD), and maybe mages (if you have one who could really use a selfheal (I've known a few ^.^)). What we actually receive isn't horrible though.

It really appears they changed it so what we give out is pretty darned useless, but what we get back can be pretty nice pending who we cast it on. Like, they changed it so people won't require a druid in every group so they *receive* some useful symbiosis spell. This basically allows us to make the choice who we want to cast it on, and what spell we want in return, rather than being stuck to giving it to classes we provide for, but may not get something so nice back from. It turns the spell into one all about us, rather than them....though >.> that guardian/dk set up was pretty win-win.

I can't recall a time on any of my druids where I've only been brought somewhere because of a buff I give out; if I'm brought to something it's because I play my role well. I love the class, love playing it, leveled multiple druids in Cata because I dig it so much, and I don't think I'd like it as much if I was suddenly just taken places because I carry some buffing mechanic...though =D I'll happily receive other classes okayish abilities to use as my own.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I just find all this hilarious. Stupid ability is stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Symbiosis is a very cool idea. It’s fun and fresh - two things I had been anticipating prior to MoP being released.

Honestly though, how could they hand anything fantastic to anyone with this ability and keep any form of balance? Dumb it down and make the abilities that are awesome few and calculated. : (

My favorite applications are when I’m tanking and when I’m PvP’ing. All of the PvE stuff just seems to be fun. Not overly game-breaking, just entertaining by adding another button to press. Of course there are exceptions to this such as Tranquility.

The PvP applications are where this ability can shine. As I’ve mentioned a few times in other posts, I roll with my GF on her Fire Mage pretty much everywhere I go. (/puke, I know, lol) Granting her Healing Touch and me picking up the means to setup a huge shatter for her has been awesome. Also, pulling Disperse from a Priest buddy has saved my butt plenty of times as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/03/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Eluial
I just find all this hilarious. Stupid ability is stupid.

I'm glad it was "nerfed". Now I actually have a little bit of freedom with who I put it on. Although, I may be pigeonholed into giving our holy paladin a battle res in raids, which sucks, but I can see the benefits of that when I'm the only battle res to begin with :P

This whole situation just goes to show how screwed up Symbiosis is. Blizzard removed the tank cooldowns and other classes flock to our forum to complain about it? Really?

I said it a bunch in beta, but I really think that Symbiosis needs to give US an ability from other classes, and they get a small mastery buff or something instead. Or some sort of vanity perk ("OMG I SPARKLE FLOWERS!").
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/03/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Xiata
Yeah, I mean it's bad enough what WE get is pretty useless, but I thought "hey help the tank with an extra cooldown" - now we can't do that? Please take away this crappy 87 spell for something USEFUL to me.

100% agreed... I'm really underwhelmed with Symbiosis. This spell could be a lot better. It seems a lot of folks on this forum are pretty enthralled with it... which I don't understand. It's like nobody is realizing that this spell offers very little in the way of tangible benefit. The only one I've found even remotely useful for me is feral spirits from a shaman for an extra DPS cooldown.

I'd like to see the abilities both granted and obtained be more in line with the spec we are instead or the spec the recipient is instead of something we'll never press anyway. Why in the heck do Prot Paladins get a 2s cast wrath spell!? This makes absolutely no sense to me. One example among many.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]