Can I undo lvl 86? Still working on 85 stuff

(Locked)

86 Undead Priest
So I was questing in Jade Forest and hit 86 and discovered I can no longer use the random dungeon finder for Hour of Twilight. There's still some armor pieces I want from there, the Whisperwind "grey/white" set specifically. Is there a way I can reverse leveling to 86 and freeze my character at 85? It's important to me! I did put in a GM ticket but it's a 4+ day wait it says, and in the meantime I feel nervous to continue playing this character and continue leveling when what I really want is Hour of Twilight. Finding a 5 man local server pug for HoT is probably not going to happen.

Thanks
100 Undead Warlock
You aren't going to be able to go back. A GM will not be able to do anything for you, so you might as well close your ticket. Your only option to get into the HoT heroics is through your server now.
61 Worgen Priest
10/03/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Moldri
Is there a way I can reverse leveling to 86 and freeze my character at 85?

This is not something that they are ever able to do. They do not roll back characters or experience. CS and Development have been very clear on this.
86 Undead Priest
Thanks for the responses. I'm not happy, but appreciate the information.
86 Undead Priest
Back again - one question, can I reverse the upgrade to MoP? i.e. cancel it? Would that put me back to 85?
55 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Moldri
Back again - one question, can I reverse the upgrade to MoP? i.e. cancel it? Would that put me back to 85?

No, it will not. What it will do (if you are able to do it) is lock that character (you will not be able to access it) until such time that you upgrade again.
11 Goblin Shaman
10/03/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Moldri

While I suppose you could call and ask, it is highly unlikely they can undo the upgrade, especially since you have already played it.

For an account that is only Cata level, if they were to participate in a MoP 10 day trial they would stop earning XP before hitting 86 since that would make the character unplayable once the trial is over.

If, for some reason, they were to remove MoP from your account, your character would remain 86 and you would be unable to play it at all.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
can I reverse the upgrade to MoP? i.e. cancel it? Would that put me back to 85?

As said above, no. It will simply lock your character, if they can even do it.

But there's no reason to do so. You can still access HoT Heroics, but you simply cannot queue for them as a random. This actually suits your needs. You don't have to hope for the correct dungeon for the gear you want, and you can put together a group from your own realm, and ensure that you get your gear by placing it on reserve.
86 Undead Priest
Thanks again for the information. I might have to call and cancel the upgrade or try because I have a few other 85's in quest blues/greens and getting them up to eligibility to run HoT would also bump their xp - leaving the window to play HoT very small till 86. I just recently started doing dungeons actually and am a long-time player. I appreciate Blizzard adding the new "looking for.. dungeon/raid" systems, it has inspired me to try it out. Previously I had leveled by battlegrounds and questing pretty much. I love the artwork of the dungeon armor and raid armor and with void storage and transmorg options now as they are, plus all the organized web guides on armor set collecting - it has added a big part of fun to my game playing.

Thank you again for your patient response!
100 Draenei Shaman
Thanks again for the information. I might have to call and cancel the upgrade or try because I have a few other 85's in quest blues/greens and getting them up to eligibility to run HoT would also bump their xp - leaving the window to play HoT very small till 86. I just recently started doing dungeons actually and am a long-time player. I appreciate Blizzard adding the new "looking for.. dungeon/raid" systems, it has inspired me to try it out. Previously I had leveled by battlegrounds and questing pretty much. I love the artwork of the dungeon armor and raid armor and with void storage and transmorg options now as they are, plus all the organized web guides on armor set collecting - it has added a big part of fun to my game playing.

No need to do that on your others.

You can choose, to just turn XP off on the other ones.. they will stop gaining XP, until you so chose to turn it back on.
86 Undead Priest
10/03/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Madisón
can I reverse the upgrade to MoP? i.e. cancel it? Would that put me back to 85?

As said above, no. It will simply lock your character, if they can even do it.

But there's no reason to do so. You can still access HoT Heroics, but you simply cannot queue for them as a random. This actually suits your needs. You don't have to hope for the correct dungeon for the gear you want, and you can put together a group from your own realm, and ensure that you get your gear by placing it on reserve.

I'm sorry, but no one really is running the "old" stuff right now. I know, crazy to call Cata old right? But it's true. Yesterday I spent 3 hours on another character in queue for LFR Fall of Deathwing and still never popped. Many times I have asked in local, prime times, is anyone running Firelands or BoT, or anything really and people are just very busy with the new stuff (understandable). So while I hear what you are saying about the possibilities, I am just saying this is my reality.
55 Pandaren Monk
10/03/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Moldri
I might have to call and cancel the upgrade or try because I have a few other 85's in quest blues/greens and getting them up to eligibility to run HoT would also bump their xp - leaving the window to play HoT very small till 86.

Just go to the NPC in their main faction city and turn off XP gains.

Behsten for Alliance - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35365

Slahtz for Horde - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=35364
86 Undead Priest

No need to do that on your others.

You can choose, to just turn XP off on the other ones.. they will stop gaining XP, until you so chose to turn it back on.

Ok very good to know! I will find out how to turn off XP right away, then. Whew :D
55 Pandaren Monk
Just realize that any XP you would have gained is lost forever. If you turn in a quest, you will not get that XP later when you turn XP gains back on.
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
While running quests in the Steppes I was getting quest greens/blues that were already higher I-Level than the first dungeon drops at level 85-87, so I really do not believe we need to go drastic with the account suspension or xp gain turn offs. Just enjoy the content you have access to now and don't fret the small stuff.
86 Undead Priest
10/03/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Kozzae
While running quests in the Steppes I was getting quest greens/blues that were already higher I-Level than the first dungeon drops at level 85-87, so I really do not believe we need to go drastic with the account suspension or xp gain turn offs. Just enjoy the content you have access to now and don't fret the small stuff.

Thank you for being encouraging! But as I mentioned, what I'm after is the armor sets because I really like them from HoT. It's not a matter of stats or anything like that. Thank you though :)
100 Draenei Shaman
10/03/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Moldri

Thank you for being encouraging! But as I mentioned, what I'm after is the armor sets because I really like them from HoT. It's not a matter of stats or anything like that. Thank you though :)

Transmog, etc.

But yeah, the XP off is your best bet, if you want to farm the dungeons, prior to lvling up more.
11 Goblin Shaman
10/03/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Moldri

If you just like the look of them, why not wait until 90 and farm the HoTs for them then?

Most people will blow right by heroic dungeons from previous expansions and just worry about getting geared for the ones at the current level cap. If you turn of your XP or get your account reverted to Cata and play your other characters, it will still be very difficult to get into those dungeons using LFD. The queue times will be very long for the heroics at least.

At 90, if you just want them for transmog, it would most likely be easier to get a couple friends together and go run them real quick to try for the items you want.
80 Orc Warrior
So I was questing in Jade Forest and hit 86 and discovered I can no longer use the random dungeon finder for Hour of Twilight. There's still some armor pieces I want from there, the Whisperwind "grey/white" set specifically. Is there a way I can reverse leveling to 86 and freeze my character at 85? It's important to me! I did put in a GM ticket but it's a 4+ day wait it says, and in the meantime I feel nervous to continue playing this character and continue leveling when what I really want is Hour of Twilight. Finding a 5 man local server pug for HoT is probably not going to happen.

Thanks

Join the club. The latest patch prevents me from joining random Wrath Heroics because I have Cataclysm even though I stopped leveling this character to just run Wrath dungeons. You can probably join an old world guild that runs those dungeons. Many people didnt buy MoP xpack so you have a good chance of finding one.
86 Undead Priest

At 90, if you just want them for transmog, it would most likely be easier to get a couple friends together and go run them real quick to try for the items you want.

Well I do not really know many people, and it just ends up like that due to my RL schedule and capacity to make commitments and whatnot. Hence my heavy reliance on the random LF tools. Also, I like to collect and complete. It's a bit OCD. lol
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]