Too many...

90 Human Paladin
AoE Stuns, AoE Fears, Instant Fears and DoTs being thrown around. Almost feel as though I'm playing Cata again against DoT cleaves.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Seems like the arms race is reaching a pretty ridiculous point this expansion, yeah.
Edited by Kanoi on 10/3/2012 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
10/03/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Roelathqt
AoE Stuns, AoE Fears, Instant Fears and DoTs being thrown around. Almost feel as though I'm playing Cata again against DoT cleaves.

Looks like someone has been running into Priest and Warlock teams.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Blizzard tried to sell the idea that "we'll nerf spammable interrupts and reduce CC to compensate", but that was just another straight up lie we got force fed. In reality, not only did CC go up, but instant cast CC, CC that can not be interrupted in the first place, went through the roof. Now it's "Who can spam CCs on one poor healer or melee DPS" the most. This really belongs in the Arena forum, but the OP was smart enough to know that if you stick there, Blizzard won't view it until they clean the place before deleting the forum entirely. PvP forums are the "Blizzard don't give a crap" zone.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
10/03/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Kanoi
Seems like the arms race is reaching a pretty ridiculous point this expansion, yeah.

Yeah I've been saying this ever since I came back. Just seems like everyone was given back their OP tools and then even more than that (without removing the different tools classes were given to replace these old OP tools such as double charge as an example).

Everyone just has gained way too many CC's and "goodies" and not enough things to counter them. Either going to need more anti-cc abilities, removing some, or trinkets gonna need a 1 minute CD....or something. PVP is just getting redonkulous (that's my favorite word to describe pvp btw).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I can easily see this becoming "Remove all these new kitschy utility spells to make PvP more balanced and fun... NOT MINE! NOT MINE! NOT MINE!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I agree actually...there is way more cc in the game now than there ever has been.

warriors might be the biggest offenders but everyone seems to have a multitude of instant cc's in some fashion.
Edited by Zÿlos on 10/4/2012 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
10/03/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Soshii
Blizzard tried to sell the idea that "we'll nerf spammable interrupts and reduce CC to compensate", but that was just another straight up lie we got force fed. In reality, not only did CC go up, but instant cast CC, CC that can not be interrupted in the first place, went through the roof. Now it's "Who can spam CCs on one poor healer or melee DPS" the most. This really belongs in the Arena forum, but the OP was smart enough to know that if you stick there, Blizzard won't view it until they clean the place before deleting the forum entirely. PvP forums are the "Blizzard don't give a crap" zone.

CC did get nerfed for PLENTY of classes.

Warlocks: pre mop- howl, coil, fear post mop- fear/blood fear, howl/coil/fear choose 1 from each / group and if you're taking blood fear you're pretty terrible.

Priests: pre MoP: Psychic Scream, Psychic Horror post MoP: gained psyfiend but psychic horror requires shadow orbs now.

Mages lost a slight bit of rooting and fire and arcane gained DF which requires frozen status.

I mean the OP is about dot cleaves yet the classes who gained the most cc overall are melee.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Hunter

Warlocks: pre mop- howl, coil, fear post mop- fear/blood fear, howl/coil/fear choose 1 from each / group and if you're taking blood fear you're pretty terrible.

Priests: pre MoP: Psychic Scream, Psychic Horror post MoP: gained psyfiend but psychic horror requires shadow orbs now.

Mages lost a slight bit of rooting and fire and arcane gained DF which requires frozen status.

I mean the OP is about dot cleaves yet the classes who gained the most cc overall are melee.

lol
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
10/04/2012 04:42 AMPosted by Purebalance

You're missing the bigger picture in this.

Fire gained the tools it needed from frost's toolbox while still getting to keep the high damage that can't really be shut down (oh boy I stopped scorch) other than soft/hard cc's (stuns, silences, poly, fear, ect) and keeping the frontal cone AoE disorient which can be a lot better cc than Frost even depending on the team/comp/situation.

A good lock seems like one of the classes with good tools to resist attempts to burst them down, not really familair with all of locks new tools but they have some new abilities that seem to really make them tanky even when I'm going all out on them and they have no peels/portals setup.

Melee gained more CC because all our interrupts had their cooldowns doubled (or roughly there). Range got quite a bit more tanky (boomkins, spriests and mages are all more survivable). Mages could stand to have ice barrier nerfed and have some passive damage reduction or something again (why in the world they thought going back to this style of mage survivability was a good idea I don't know).

They tried to fix a lot of the existing problems with PVP and just made even bigger problems in the process. I'm reminded of early cata and how broken some classes were. I think they just got a little too ambitious with the sheer amount of changes they made to all the classes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
10/04/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Grux
Melee gained more CC because all our interrupts had their cooldowns doubled

I gained cc?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I gained CC? More classes should have been given the warlock treatment actually. Condense a bunch into one talent tree. I'm sure many would love it. Instead we have mages and warriors.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I agree, far too many stuns and cc in this game right now, and way to many fears
Reply Quote
10/03/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Carock
I can easily see this becoming "Remove all these new kitschy utility spells to make PvP more balanced and fun... NOT MINE! NOT MINE! NOT MINE!"

Well, one of mine got semi-nerfed. Me, I'd be happy for the new Paladin snares to be their own separate button if just about everyone else's were too. Frost Shock and Hamstring are what snares should be - something that you have to choose to apply, and which has a cost to apply. The current Seal of Justice and Burden of Guilt, like Frostbolt, most Rogue snares, and just about every other snare in the game, is automatic, and that's just not a good idea.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin

Well, one of mine got semi-nerfed. Me, I'd be happy for the new Paladin snares to be their own separate button if just about everyone else's were too. Frost Shock and Hamstring are what snares should be - something that you have to choose to apply, and which has a cost to apply. The current Seal of Justice and Burden of Guilt, like Frostbolt, most Rogue snares, and just about every other snare in the game, is automatic, and that's just not a good idea.

You're still giving up damage, and other added benefits of a DoT as ret to use seal of justice over truth, and you're giving up CC to use burden of guilt. Sure it doesn't take thought to apply, but the opportunity cost is very obviously there. Getting hit by burden of guilt is a huge flag that says 'that paladin does not have repentance, and can only stun once a minute.'

Giving up gcd's to manage snares (and to a lesser extent DoTs that do nothing on contact) is going the way of the dinosaur. Best example of this is warriors years ago up to early cataclysm where they had to spend 3 seconds doing no damage every time they got back into melee range to manage hamstring, and rend. What happened after? Lambs to the Slaughter refreshes rend, imp hamstring reduced the GCD of hamstring to 1 second. Here in MoP, imp hamstring's GCD reduction is baseline, rend doesn't exist, warriors can now glyph to allow their rage dumps off the GCD to snare (heroic strike, and cleave).

On topic; I agree. Being accidently chain CC'd by psyfiend fears, AoE fearbombs, AoE stuns, AoE disorients, when they're instants/close to impossible to interrupt, with cooldowns typically around a half a minute gets pretty stupid. Sadly, I had more control of my character in Swtor. I kid you not. Sure the resolve system sucked, but CC wasn't this consistent.
Edited by Pierinae on 10/5/2012 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
the stuns in this game need to be toned down, way too many
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]