Holy Paladin in Scholo...

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello paladin community!

I was just wondering if any of you encountered a very annoying overview of the last boss in Scholo. I never noticed it much leveling (as I leveled ret), but the moment I was pulled into a room on Darkmaster Gandling I had no AOE ability to knock down the zombies in a timely fashion. I used my level 90 talent, (which is our only aoe) and it still wasn't enough to kill them. Suffice to say that my group wiped because I was stuck in the room the whole time. I know there are a few threads about AOE damage as a holy paladin, but has anyone else experienced situations similar to this where our class mechanics literally wipe a group?

- Frustrated Pally.
Reply Quote
You can dispel the friendly NPCs in the room, and it will do AoE damage to the hostile adds. Takes 2-3 dispels, just make sure you clump the adds up pretty closely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
In my experience you don't actually have to kill all the zombies, I just spam HS/Denounce until the gate opens, at which point there are still like 8 adds.
Edited by Squatmore on 10/4/2012 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
To do the achievement you don't kill the zombies in the room. The gate should open after a little bit.
Edited by Sliphe on 10/4/2012 9:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I saw all those things with 95k health and was like wtf. I just ran around for a bit and it let me out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Kenick
I know there are a few threads about AOE damage as a holy paladin, but has anyone else experienced situations similar to this where our class mechanics literally wipe a group?

Wow...I knew that it was painful to level as holy, but I never realized it was this bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I never killed a single add in their i just HS myself then Light of Dawn to heal people outside the gate and take a nap. Never a had a problem healing that fight even in almost full greens.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Sellys
Yeah, I saw all those things with 95k health and was like wtf. I just ran around for a bit and it let me out.

Bahaha I did the SAME thing.

"Wtf I can't kill these in a reasonable amount of time!" *Gate Opens* "...oh. Okay then."
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just turn auto-run on and tweak my mouse when I hit a wall. That's my afk time.

edit: just make sure you've kept the party's health up in case you get put in the room. You can pretty much do the whole fight without casting a single heal, but better safe than sorry.
Edited by Janaire on 10/17/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Probably they intended this fight to be difficult, or at least make your actions have some bearing on the outcome, and then had to retune the whole thing based on poor useless aoeless holy pallies. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
holy crap. so many people dont pay any attention.

dispel the cowering npcs. they explode and deal aoe damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
holy crap. so many people dont pay any attention.

dispel the cowering npcs. they explode and deal aoe damage.

Why do that when I can run in circles. It's more exciting than spamming Denounce the entire fight.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The dispel mechanic is actually horrible because due to the CD on dispels they inflicted in MoP, and the relatively low damage it causes, you're really just wasting your time and better off playing Bejeweled or Denouncing to amuse yourself or something.

Or put another way, by the time you get anything done via Dispels you could have just solved it yourself some other way or escaped the room.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
if your group died because you were stuck behind the gate they were a bad group, thats all there is too it, almost every class has self healing or healing spells they can use if needed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
it takes about 10 seconds to get out of the room if you dispel. this is the fastest way to get out of the room.

then you can go back to spamming denounce on the boss because there is no real damage done to anyone in the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
ummm .. i just put my light hammer down and tab + Denounce , they die pretty fast.
Edited by Vánilla on 10/19/2012 2:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/19/2012 02:19 AMPosted by Vánilla
ummm .. i just put my light hammer down and tab + Denounce , they die pretty fast.

But what if you got Execution Sentence instead?

Light's Hammer feels like a force choice for Holy because of our lack of AoE damage. How many man-hours could it take Blizzard to at least add Consecration and/or Holy Wrath back into Holy's kit? I like the Denounce + Seals solution better, but I'd settle for Consecration if that's all they have time for in 5.1.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/14/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Longwriter
But what if you got Execution Sentence instead?

Take it as a hint.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]