Pet Journal/Vamp Batling Questions

90 Pandaren Priest
I was just curious as to what the logic behind not making pre-Mists, rare-stat pets (e.g. the Hyacinth Macaw, Disgusting Oozeling, ect) have blue borders and marked as rare in the pet journal. It would be so much more convenient not to have to double-check a months-old forum post to know which pets I already own that are rare...

So, is the Vampiric Batling rare or not? I'm genuinely confused by this - a multitude of sources have given me conflicting information to this effect.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Or you can get one of the add-ons that does this.

I use PetJournalEnhanced.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Or you can get one of the add-ons that does this.

I use PetJournalEnhanced.

That is helpful, thanks. But this seems really silly that we need an addon for this. It really should be something that the default UI does.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I was just curious as to what the logic behind not making pre-Mists, rare-stat pets (e.g. the Hyacinth Macaw, Disgusting Oozeling, ect) have blue borders and marked as rare in the pet journal. It would be so much more convenient not to have to double-check a months-old forum post to know which pets I already own that are rare...

So, is the Vampiric Batling rare or not? I'm genuinely confused by this - a multitude of sources have given me conflicting information to this effect.

Mumper's post on what pre-existing pets would be of rare quality:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6080522555

Based on that list, no, the Vampiric Batling is NOT rare.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Seconding PetJournalEnhanced, and also the complaint that we shouldn't need an add-on to sort pets by level, show quality of non-caught pets, or filter out the ones not available in the zone we're in. On a related note, we shouldn't need an add-on to be able to search our mounts, either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
What's strange is that if you check your character profile on this website, it has much better filtering/sorting options and shows the rarities of legacy and new pets the same way.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/04/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Doomscribe
What's strange is that if you check your character profile on this website, it has much better filtering/sorting options and shows the rarities of legacy and new pets the same way.

Nope. It shows the rarity of non-capture pets based on the item that teaches it, not the pet stats quality. Hyacinth Macaw does not have Epic stats.
Reply Quote
24 Dwarf Hunter
It is probably something they didn't get around to fixing yet. There was a blue post saying they were going to make a lot of the old pets rare quality.

I think it would be nice just to label each pet with their base stats at level 1 (health-power-speed), for example Albino snake (147-9-12), rare Robo-chick (168-10-10), Disgusting Oozeling (161-12-10).

You could tell if it rare quality based on those stats regardless of the actual level of the pet at the time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/04/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Shalura
Nope. It shows the rarity of non-capture pets based on the item that teaches it, not the pet stats quality. Hyacinth Macaw does not have Epic stats.

Hmm ... perhaps I didn't check against enough different pets?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]