Travel Form Question

85 Human Paladin
Has it ever been said or discussed as to why there is no glyph or something to make our travel form move at mount speed (100%)?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It would have to be very limited then. Like make it not work in battlegrounds and arenas. Make it go regular speed in combat. Possibly have cast time then? I think in general it would be kind of overpowered.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Wouldn't be hard to balance. In combat reverts to original (40%) speed.

You could even tack it onto the Glyph of the stag since it makes us a "mount" anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
RoC
10/03/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Astrai
In combat reverts to original (40%) speed.

annoying when passing mobs
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/03/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Vyndorathran
In combat reverts to original (40%) speed.

You could work it like getting dazed... you don't revert to original speed on entering combat, but if you get hit, there is a chance that it will daze you, reverting to 40% speed until end of combat.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/03/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Vyndorathran

This.

We have mounts for a reason. We don't need a 100% travel mount and I'm very, very glad they don't try to implement it. It would be nerfed very fast for PvP and I'd rather 40% travel form speed in combat/PvP areas over a 100% travel form that can't be used in these areas.

10/03/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Sindaur
there is a chance that it will daze you, reverting to 40% speed until end of combat.

That doesn't work either. People wouldn't be able to CATCH you while flag running and all that...
Edited by Saeilfa on 10/3/2012 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
We have mounts for a reason. We don't need a 100% travel mount and I'm very, very glad they don't try to implement it. It would be nerfed very fast for PvP and I'd rather 40% travel form speed in combat/PvP areas over a 100% travel form that can't be used in these areas.

Yet we have flight form..

When mounted it would act like a normal mount. You wouldnt suddenly become 40% when in combat. If however cast while in combat you would run at 40% speed as it is now.

It is a quality of life thing. Nothing about it would affect anything outside of shifting into 100% faster speed when not in combat instant cast not 1.5 sec like all the other mounts
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
10/03/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Astrai
Yet we have flight form..

Which is not useable in combat or PvP based areas (Tol Barad for example).

You wouldnt suddenly become 40% when in combat

Which doesn't work for PvP either. Flag carriers running at 100% speed AND carrying a pocket healer? No chance.

Nothing about it would affect anything outside of shifting into 100% faster speed

This is why Blizzard doesn't ask players to change the game for them... because a lot of them simply cannot see the implications other than "it'll be awesome for me, let's do it".
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Travel form is really an emergency escape form. However, I would be happy with a glyph that increases travel form to 100% mount speed, but it can no longer be used in combat. Sadly, adjusting the speed whether or not you were in combat would be a little two powerful, and travel form is already a border line problem in PvP.

EDIT: And as to the flag carrier issue, you would likely still be slowed to 40% should a tauren jump on your back. The 100% would only serve as an instant cast solo mount.
Edited by Jozie on 10/4/2012 11:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
the first 5 responses pointed out enough reasons why it would be hard to implement properly. its travel form, not "dont need a mount" form. it works fine the way it is now, any changes will almost certainly lead to problems.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
10/04/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Metapawz
No.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
No.

Resto Druids are insane to catch as it is in BGs, we don't need any more movement speed increase.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]