dam ninja looting in dungeons

85 Worgen Druid
i thought by now wow would have fixed this i guess not, u have no clue how aggravating it is to run 3 randoms in a row get nothing. then on the 4 run something finally drops for me. i am a tank btw and i should have freaking guessed the plate dps needed and won it. its complete BS its not hard to fix something like that come on. if ur dps and tank stuff drops u should never be able to give the chance to need on it like parry or dodge is so going to help u. and all the people who are like how else am i supposed to get gear for my offspec hmm idk quest around to get your gear then que in that and start that way dont ninja stuff from people who really need it NERD RAGE
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Lost a roll
Postonforums
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Roll on their DPS gear.

THAT'LL TEACH 'EM!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah I had ele Shammy roll on a Str back and won it.

It's bad enough Tanks rolling on DPS gear, but heaven forbid if you want to roll on tank gear. Tanks always roll on DPS gear.

Worst are the groups that you get into that have guild mates, because they roll need for their mates. That happens all the time.

The first thing they need to fix is that you cannot roll on something that is not for your class. Spell casters rolling on str gear for example, is just stupid.

I cannot always do guild runs so sometimes I random pug, and that were I usually lose out. I lost 12 rolls in a row on the brewfest trinket, which was annoying enough as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
word
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/03/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Bryceasuars
people who really need it

I'm guessing the dps really needed it or he would have rolled greed/de. It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I win dps gear, sometimes the dps win tank gear, sometimes we trade.

MS>OS makes sense in groups where you care about the other people and how well they are geared. In random groups it's not necessary, or even helpful. People who pretend that it is common courtesy are actually just perpetuating and nourishing the sense of entitlement that seems to be a growing issue in the community. You don't get dibs on loot. Ever.

Don't expect a tank or dps to pass on the loot you want most just because you passed on some dodge/parry or crit/haste. You can always make a verbal agreement if the other party is open to it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
its complete BS its not hard to fix something like that come on. if ur dps and tank stuff drops u should never be able to give the chance to need on it like parry or dodge is so going to help u.
It's not a matter of Blizzard being unable to program the feature. It's that they've stated repeatedly that they want people to roll on off-spec items.

Main-spec-only rolls would create a barrier for people wanting to change spec. Like you said they can go quest; except that doesn't work if they're already 90. Sure, you can purchase and craft gear, but off-spec gearing from dungeons can be simpler for some, and Blizzard doesn't want to eliminate that avenue.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
10/04/2012 05:18 AMPosted by Arrastos
I'm guessing the dps really needed it or he would have rolled greed/de. It happens to me all the time. Sometimes I win dps gear, sometimes the dps win tank gear, sometimes we trade.

It's not always as that, two rogues already rolled need on my Armsmaster's Sealed Locket and of course I lost it twice. RNG sucks, but also there is something broken with the loot. A rogue shouldh't be able to roll on that.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You should be able to roll on OS stuff. Blizz has said it, and in a group where you don't know everyone else then you should probably just expect it to happen. Let's say for instance, there's a fury warrior in your group who is actually MS prot, but doesn't have the gear yet to do the heroic. A tanking item drops, he needs it for his MS (even though it's not the spec he went into the dungeon with), he wins it over the tank. Tank got an instant queue, fury warrior who is respecting the group by not queuing as prot with inferior gear had to wait 40 minutes.

Point is, if the situation was reversed you'd probably do it to. You don't know the guy you're "stealing" the loot from, you're not gonna see him again. You need the item so you hit need. Nowhere does it say you MUST ROLL ON ITEMS USEFUL TO ONLY THE SPEC YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN. It's just self-entitlement to think otherwise, especially after the developers of the game have specifically stated that they don't want to enforce MS>OS.

The real issue with loot is what imyourtank stated. Rogues shouldn't be rolling on strength items, hunters used to be able to roll on anything, not sure if they still can. I've had the option multiple times to roll need on a MAIL item, which is even worse than letting me roll on a strength item since I can't even use it for XMOG. The loot roll system does seem to be slightly broken at the moment, but it's not because of what the OP is whining about.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
If you don't want to roll against off specs make your own group and make it a loot rule. If you don't want to do the work of putting a group together and just want to use an automated system to put the group together for you understand you have to go by its loot rules (in which OS needing is allowed).

10/04/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Loktronotron
The real issue with loot is what imyourtank stated. Rogues shouldn't be rolling on strength items, hunters used to be able to roll on anything, not sure if they still can. I've had the option multiple times to roll need on a MAIL item, which is even worse than letting me roll on a strength item since I can't even use it for XMOG. The loot roll system does seem to be slightly broken at the moment, but it's not because of what the OP is whining about.

Agreed. You should only be able to roll need on your primary stat and armor proficiency.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Roll on their DPS gear.THAT'LL TEACH 'EM!

I pass on tank gear when the tank needs it and get rewarded by the tank needing and wining the dps gear I wanted.
/cry
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
tell me about it... just lost a need roll on str/stam dps plate gear, to a holy paladin. -.-

couldn't do !@#$ since 3 out of the 5 of us were all in the same guild ---him and 2 others

and yet it doesn't let me need roll on his int plate gear to at least make an attempt to trade pieces. blargh
Edited by Onikos on 10/4/2012 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
tell me about it... just lost a need roll on str/stam dps plate gear, to a holy paladin. -.-

couldn't do !@#$ since 3 out of the 5 of us were all in the same guild ---him and 2 others

and yet it doesn't let me need roll on his int plate gear to at least make an attempt to trade pieces. blargh

Paladins can use Strength/Stamina plate in 2/3 specs, would you prefer running dungeons with no healers?

You however, had no use for int plate, besides to ransom.

This isn't some hypocrisy, it has very sound logic.

10/04/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Ninjablaze
Agreed. You should only be able to roll need on your primary stat and armor proficiency.

Surprised they haven't ironed this out yet, the agi/str thing is a throwback to when Agility filled the role of crit on Warrior/Paladin gear, and Strength wasn't that diminished of a value for a rogue/feral if they needed to supplement jewelry
tldr; should of been changed when TBC ended.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/4/2012 11:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Priest
Man, some total scumbag named Enkula, in the guild MN Gaming on Frostmourne just totally ninja'ed a wep they didn't even need, as in had better already. Of course he then dropped group real fast. Once again Frostmourne server. I hate when i see those guys show up in a random! It would have boosted me over 1k in sp and this complete waste of human flesh already had better. Man I hate the losers this game attracts sometimes who hide behind their computers and act like complete jerks.
Edited by Dbagchopra on 10/5/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/05/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Dbagchopra
Man, some total scumbag named Enkula, in the guild MN Gaming on Frostmourne just totally ninja'ed a wep they didn't even need, as in had better already. Of course he then dropped group real fast. Once again Frostmourne server. I hate when i see those guys show up in a random! It would have boosted me over 1k in sp and this complete waste of human flesh already had better. Man I hate the losers this game attracts sometimes who hide behind their computers and act like complete jerks.

It was probably better itemzied for him. If I had a 463 crit/spirit weapon I'd need on a 463 haste/mastery weapon. And, it's not ninja'ing if he can use it, and even less so if it's primary stat is for his/her spec.

Sounds like you lost a roll.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
10/05/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Dbagchopra

its also against the forum rules to call someout by name IIRC.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What upsets me about this "ninjago" is I don't roll on tank/healer gear without asking but I don't receive that same courtesy back. Since we usually only need to pug 1 other player, if that, I'm going to start asking them if they want to have everyone roll need on everything or only allow need rolls for their current spec so we can all at least behave the same.
Edited by Sarvan on 10/5/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i thought by now wow would have fixed this i guess not, u have no clue how aggravating it is to run 3 randoms in a row get nothing. then on the 4 run something finally drops for me. i am a tank btw and i should have freaking guessed the plate dps needed and won it. its complete BS its not hard to fix something like that come on. if ur dps and tank stuff drops u should never be able to give the chance to need on it like parry or dodge is so going to help u. and all the people who are like how else am i supposed to get gear for my offspec hmm idk quest around to get your gear then que in that and start that way dont ninja stuff from people who really need it NERD RAGE

Sorry, but waahh.

Here's the other side of the coin. I'm dps. I've seen 3 drops from heroics I can use. Luckily I've gotten them. I have yet to roll against a tank when a tank item drops. After countless pulls on Coren, the dps trinket FINALLY drops and its the tank who rolls need on it.

See, it happens to everybody. Quit yer whining about how dps screws you over. Because tanks are just as guilty. And what you are asking for results in this:

tank gear drops - tank is 100% guaranteed to get it
heal gear drops - heals is 100% guaranteed to get it
dps gear drops - dps is 33% to 100% chance to get it, depending on group comp

Sorry, no 'I win' button for you. Quit blaming whole groups and just put the jerks who act that way on ignore so you don't get them again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
idk why the blizz team thinks it is ok for a dps to be needing on any kind of tank gear if they want to role a tank then do it the way most people do and buy the jp gear for it not steal it from the tanks that could need it just the other day i was tanking and a warrior took a tank piece and tryed to pass it as a dps saying he needed dodge and parry to dps then should i not be able to need on the pally healing gear for the extra cash like really the tank crap is a rare enough drop then u have to trow ninjas in to the mix and tanks don't get dittily
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

Why do I have the feeling it had stats the tank wanted like hit/exp/mastery, or even haste as a DK and you just assume because it doesn't have dodge/parry it isn't for them?

I'm nice so I usually pass unless it's a big upgrade but unless it has a specific stat, I'll need on it as a tank. For each tank that is:

Warrior: Haste or crit. If it has either of those, it's complete garbage for me.
Druid: Harder to justify, but Haste is about it. Crit/Mastery are both very strong. However, I will usually pass them.
Monk: Crit. And I like crit as well, it's just at the bottom of the pole for me.
DK: Crit, and nothing else. Love haste, mastery, and hit/exp.

Again, if the DPS isn't acting like an idiot and holding their own I'll usually pass it to them, but since the tanks DO 'Need' these items, it isn't some simple fix. Just because it doesn't have parry/dodge doesn't mean tanks can't use it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]