dam ninja looting in dungeons

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've almost got my ret set done :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/05/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Banes
idk why the blizz team thinks it is ok for a dps to be needing on any kind of tank gear if they want to role a tank then do it the way most people do and buy the jp gear for it not steal it from the tanks that could need it just the other day i was tanking and a warrior took a tank piece and tryed to pass it as a dps saying he needed dodge and parry to dps then should i not be able to need on the pally healing gear for the extra cash like really the tank crap is a rare enough drop then u have to trow ninjas in to the mix and tanks don't get dittily
Wow format something.

DPS who have the ability to swap specs and tank can roll need on "tank gear" because they may need it. Nowhere does it say you must need it according to the spec you're currently in. That's your preference, not Blizzard's. Blizzard has repeatedly stated that if you can use it, you can roll on it. Maybe the DPS suddenly is asked to be the new tank for the guild, but he doesn't have a set of gear high enough to tank a dungeon. Would you rather him spoof his ilvl from DPS gear to get into a heroic just to wipe you and oom the healer because his tank gear is all junk?

It's his choice to sacrifice time waiting in a long DPS queue to be able to roll on items he needs. It is your choice to take a quick Tank queue and get more chances at gear than he does, but take on the "more demanding" role of a tank. You act like tanks don't run their short queues and need on OS DPS items that they will need if there are one tank fights in MoP. You act like it's bad for tanks to lose gear, but if a healer or a cloth DPS lose an intellect ring to the other it's okay.

Stop feeling entitled to first choice of loot just because you chose to tank the instance. Your benefit of rolling tank is to get faster queues. No one is entitled to any piece of gear as long as someone else in the raid can use or equip it. It has always been like that, it will always be like that. If they changed it then you would never see LFD work.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
its not even that i fell entitled to tank gear im sure u have ran a tank with insta q and it take like 4 randoms to get the one u want and u get the one piece of gear u want to drop and some one wins the roll and takes it from u like i said before i had a warrior take a tank piece saying it was for dps and not tank and it had dodge and parry on it every one in the group talked to them about it not just me i don't care if u need for an off spec as long as u can use it but blizz needs a way to stop people from needing just to need i have experiences where they need and leave before u get a chance to see the results there cant be that many people that are gearing up tanks to lose the same piece 4 times it gets frustrating to watch the best way i can see for blizz to help with the problem would be make the more desired gear healing and tanking drop more often to help out building off specs im sure if u are reading this u seen the new gear updates where blizz dialed back the pvp gear that u can still buy with honor and its still 458 ilvl still good dps good luck finding pvp gear with good tank specs on it dps gear is not as hard to come by
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Seriously, use sentences. Do you not know about sentences? This isn't Facebook. If someone would like to translate that wall let me know if it was worth trying to read.
Edited by Loktronotron on 10/5/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
lol i do just haven't slept and now very lazy
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You being lazy means no one is going to read what you said. Not that it was going to be worth reading anyway if you are coming in with the idea that MS > OS should be the enforced loot rule, without understanding what that system would do to the length of LFD queues and how many horrible tanks and healers you would get queuing in terrible gear or with bad skills just to get off sets.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I miss the good old days, when players knew what "ninja looting" actually meant.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There are always impolite people but if you're constantly nice even to those who're impolite, sooner or later fortune will smile on you.

Its always worked for me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Loktronotron
You should be able to roll on OS stuff. Blizz has said it, and in a group where you don't know everyone else then you should probably just expect it to happen. Let's say for instance, there's a fury warrior in your group who is actually MS prot, but doesn't have the gear yet to do the heroic. A tanking item drops, he needs it for his MS (even though it's not the spec he went into the dungeon with), he wins it over the tank. Tank got an instant queue, fury warrior who is respecting the group by not queuing as prot with inferior gear had to wait 40 minutes.

That means the Fury OS needs to do regs/dailies to save up for better tank gear, like the rest of the tanking community does. that doesnt give him the right to go into a dungeon, not do any tanking, and get tanking gear.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/06/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Pariahdark
That means the Fury OS needs to do regs/dailies to save up for better tank gear, like the rest of the tanking community does. that doesnt give him the right to go into a dungeon, not do any tanking, and get tanking gear.

There's no "right" required.

You're not entitled to win gear for queing
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There's no "right" required.You're not entitled to win gear for queing

should tell that to other people who have lost gear to other that shouldnt have needed the item in the first place. dont see me running around taking that healing trinket from a priest, or that 2handed sword from that deathknight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
That's what happens when you run with pugs. I know when I join a random heroic and I see a pure caster, they will most likely roll on my spirit cloth because it has more int and they can reforge. They don't understand how rare spirit cloth is compared to the non hit/spirit stuff, but whatever. Maybe they still think it's Wrath or simply don't care because im just an avatar in a game.

You just get used to it.

Can either become bitter, or just accept it. Blizz isnt going to change this I am sure.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/06/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Pariahdark
should tell that to other people who have lost gear to other that shouldnt have needed the item in the first place. dont see me running around taking that healing trinket from a priest, or that 2handed sword from that deathknight.

"You don't deserve gear because <Insert stupid reason here>"

I've heard a million of these, many of them not making sense.

I've heard;
"Because Im wearing a green"
"Because you're wearing an epic"
"Because I'm higher on damage"
"Because you're so much higher on damage"
"Because We're a guild group
"Because you have a whole guild group"

You kind of see where this is going, I've seen both reasons from every angle.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
People who pretend that it is common courtesy are actually just perpetuating and nourishing the sense of entitlement that seems to be a growing issue in the community. You don't get dibs on loot. Ever.

For as long as LFD has been around its been commonly accepted that MS>OS. In almost every group I've been for the past x years, this has been the rule, not the exception. The great majority of players accept it. Thats what its so annoying when you come across someone who doesn't.

And this was the rule too back when the only way to get groups was to pug groups off trade. Its been the rule for 5-mans right since the start of WoW. If this is "perpetuating and nourishing the sense of entitlement" then that "sense of entitlement" has been part of WoW since the beginning.

But I would very much like the old LFR roll bonus system implemented in LFD. It would save on aggravation and also make it easier to roll off-spec without having to inspect and ask first.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/06/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Murdina
For as long as LFD has been around its been commonly accepted that MS>OS. In almost every group I've been for the past x years, this has been the rule, not the exception. The great majority of players accept it. Thats what its so annoying when you come across someone who doesn't.
'

MS>OS has never been a rule in randoms.

It was when people formed their own groups, and actively policed rules, but the random system removes anything like that.

People tend to push their agenda of disallowing people to roll on "their" gear.

10/06/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Murdina
And this was the rule too back when the only way to get groups was to pug groups off trade. Its been the rule for 5-mans right since the start of WoW. If this is "perpetuating and nourishing the sense of entitlement" then that "sense of entitlement" has been part of WoW since the beginning.

Entitlement is expecting people to pass on gear they need for you.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/6/2012 11:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
I have done LFD a lot, and its my experience that most people respect MS>OS, even in random groups. Of course its hard to tell most of the time when people are just running for VPs/JPs. But over the past couple weeks I've seen plenty of times people asking if they can roll OS.

I always respect it myself. I've seen plenty of dps gear I could have used for my other spec while tanking, but when I inspected the plate dps I see they need it so I pass. And I have had several plate dps ask me if its ok to roll need on tank gear.
Edited by Murdina on 10/7/2012 12:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/07/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Murdina
I have done LFD a lot, and its my experience that most people respect MS>OS, even in random groups.
I have done LFD alot, and it's my experience that most people roll NEED on gear that is for their class, even in random groups.
Edited by Zaxan on 10/7/2012 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Anecdotal I know, but I was healing normal Jade Serpent and the tank feet dropped. The tank needed them, but a dps rolled need and won. The rest of us started telling him off, and when he refused to give them to the tank we kicked him. You're all saying LFD for you is a Neitzchien free-for-all with everyone rolling Need on everything possible, but in my experience thats just not happening.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/07/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Murdina
You're all saying LFD for you is a Neitzchien free-for-all with everyone rolling Need on everything possible, but in my experience thats just not happening.
You're all saying LFD for you is everyone only rolling NEED on items you personally want them to, but in my experience that's just not happening.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I just lost the roll on the cloth helm off the 1st boss in Gates of the Shattered Sun to a death knight. I think he rolled need for his douchebaggery offspec. His taunting comments left no doubt his actions were deliberate.

Posted it in the bug report forums as well because while Blizzard may want players rolling on offspec gear I don't think Death Knights rolling on cloth helms with spirit qualifies...
Edited by Tihra on 10/7/2012 2:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]