Mage Mana Crazy Good

85 Dwarf Shaman
I just watched an arena stream with Reckful, Cdew, and Venruki against Bobjob, Gravemind and Khryl. The match reached it's time limit (45 mins) with no kills and at no point did either mages mana reach below 90% capacity. The two shamans and shadow Priest dipped close to 0% a few times almost resulting in a kill. There were over 6k people watching all commenting on not only how crazy good mages were, but how their mana supply was infinite.

Not only do mages have amazing burst, control and utility but also infinite mana? Good job Blizzard.
Edited by Iwïn on 10/3/2012 8:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
noob
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
bcuz we r d masturs of d mana reginerashun mon
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
umad?
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
Pointless to mention overpowered things about classes on their self-respective forum. NOBODY is going to admit their class is overpowered in some degree. They all want to believe their class sucks but they are the only ones making it good. Yes, mages never go oom. But no mage will ever admit that
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
10/03/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Garradon
Pointless to mention overpowered things about classes on their self-respective forum. NOBODY is going to admit their class is overpowered in some degree. They all want to believe their class sucks but they are the only ones making it good. Yes, mages never go oom. But no mage will ever admit that

Right, just like druids don't like to admit that they are OP, because they definitely are too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/03/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Incendium

Right, just like druids don't like to admit that they are OP, because they definitely are too.
Reply Quote
Healers go oom. Hybrid dps go oom faster when they heal. There is nothing new to it. It's been like this since time in memorial. High mana efficiency is the ONLY pro pure has vs. hybrid. And have you heard of the notorious tier 90 mage talent? It's mana management. Blizz is already trying to take the only good thing away. Those mages who didn't go oom either sacrificed their dps to have passive mana regen or they are just good at managing their mana. End of the story.

I would call this the ignorance of a hybrid. The other guy is also a hybrid. What coincidence!
Reply Quote
Unless I was careless with SS I had infinite mana as well in arenas, while my healer and spreist partner would oom.

Nothing has changed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Mana using dps are not meant to go OOM. Blizzard's philosophy, it's not some oversight.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if our mana regen got nerfed at some point, it's pretty silly that we never even have to use mana gems no longer how long the fight is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/04/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Nuclea
Mana using dps are not meant to go OOM. Blizzard's philosophy, it's not some oversight.

exactly, why do you think boomkins inervate is so strong, why do you think locks have life tap, why do you think ele shams only used to go oom if they spammed purge, why do you think spriests dispersion and vampiric touch give mana back..
Edited by Syfix on 10/4/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Very briefly, consider something.

There are several classes in this game whose resources can never functionally run out. Rogues, Cats, and Monks have energy, Warriors and Bears have rage, DK's have Runes. These are all resources which naturally regenerate back to full during combat. A Rogue cannot go Out of Energy and then be useless for a lengthy period of time - it simply won't happen. Same applies to Warriors - it's not like at the 40 minute mark of an Arena match, the Warrior can't use any abilities. You, OP, seem to think that Mages should , for some inconceivable reason, go OOM by using their normal rotation and expected survival abilities - aka no spellsteal or arcane explosion spam, or in other words, Mages with a shred of skill - a restriction that no other class has.

Does the Mage class have mana regeneration abilities in place? Yes. We have gems, we have the 90 talents. But one requires you to stand in place for eight seconds, and the second one requires to stand in one of two places at pretty much all times. Neither is an option in Arena. The best option, therefore is Incanter's Ward, which provides constant mana regeneration as long as the Mage takes damage - Arena being Arena, this will happen.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
I just like to cast balls of fire as a panda.
Reply Quote
88 Undead Mage
Very briefly, consider something.

There are several classes in this game whose resources can never functionally run out. Rogues, Cats, and Monks have energy, Warriors and Bears have rage, DK's have Runes. These are all resources which naturally regenerate back to full during combat. A Rogue cannot go Out of Energy and then be useless for a lengthy period of time - it simply won't happen. Same applies to Warriors - it's not like at the 40 minute mark of an Arena match, the Warrior can't use any abilities. You, OP, seem to think that Mages should , for some inconceivable reason, go OOM by using their normal rotation and expected survival abilities - aka no spellsteal or arcane explosion spam, or in other words, Mages with a shred of skill - a restriction that no other class has.

Does the Mage class have mana regeneration abilities in place? Yes. We have gems, we have the 90 talents. But one requires you to stand in place for eight seconds, and the second one requires to stand in one of two places at pretty much all times. Neither is an option in Arena. The best option, therefore is Incanter's Ward, which provides constant mana regeneration as long as the Mage takes damage - Arena being Arena, this will happen.

I love how Blizz has work out what we are just starting to realise :D
They work for the game so surely they have thought of these problems before

MageJuego exellent comment
Edited by Bigbadstevo on 10/4/2012 2:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
My DK has never run out of rune regneration or warriors the ability to generate rage? Not to mention my shadow priest has never had issues with mana with VT returning 2% of mana per tick and pet basically giving you a full bar every minute.

Don't really see the issue of having mana 100% of the time provided you are not spamming flash heal type spells constantly. Not to mention mages don't exactly have the best ability to heal, I can heal back to almost full twice on my DK before I die and as Spriest 1v1 well you can heal indefinately, Rets you feel like they have to die 3 times over before they actually do.
Edited by Gibal on 10/4/2012 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]