Major Glyphs PvE frost mage.

I currently have Ice Lance, Fire Blast, and Water Elemental (that piece of crap) glyphed. Was curious if it would be better to drop the Elemental glyph for the evo glyph.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Do it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
One
Changes with every fight. Also changes when your fb cast reaches 1.2-1.3sec speed to include icy veins.
Reply Quote
Actually was another question of mine. What is the haste soft cap now? Can't find any info on that anywhere.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Mage
Depends what you mean by soft cap. If you mean strictly: when do you start bumping into the GCD floor, the answer is:

50% haste
25% haste with unglyphed Icy Veins active
16.83% haste with unglyphed IV and Frost Armor
11.26% haste with unglyphed IV, Frost Armor, and the raid haste buff

(Note: You do want to use Frost Armor as Frost.)

So you might think you need to glyph IV at 11.26% unbuffed haste, but unglyphed IV actually still provides higher DPS even after you bump into the GCD floor with it active, especially if you're using Evocation. Glyphing IV becomes superior somewhere in the middle of T14N -- haven't pinpointed it yet. But the difference is small at that point, so you could switch whenever it feels most comfortable for you.

With glyphed IV, you're unlikely to hit the GCD floor unless Bloodlust is active.

33.52% haste with unglyphed Icy Veins, Frost Armor, and raid haste buff.
90 Pandaren Mage
One
I'm @ 12.56% haste unbuffed and I wouldn't switch to IV glyph just yet. Sometimes it is beneficial to reapp invoc during the trailing section of the cooldown in order to avoid a mechanic that is coming or some such thing, get it done quicker.
Reply Quote
50% haste
25% haste with unglyphed Icy Veins active
16.83% haste with unglyphed IV and Frost Armor
11.26% haste with unglyphed IV, Frost Armor, and the raid haste buff

Thank you so much. This is the info I was looking for!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]