Disc Priests in WoL

5 Dwarf Priest
I looked at the the heal rankings for the 10 man raid bosses with at least 100 healers in the rankings (the first 4 bosses of Vaults).

there is ONE Disc priest in the top 100 of four fights... At number 98 for Spirit Kings.

Holy is doing only slightly better, but it is still MUCH MUCH worse than any other healers.

Then I looked at the first four bosses in the 25 man raid. What a relief to see a four fold increase for Disc! Number 92, 94, and 95 on Gara'jal and number 100 on Spirit Kings.

Two healing specs. Both of them horrible.

Then I looked at top DPS.....

Half of them are tanks.

This game is broken.

But.....

Pandaria sure is pretty.
Reply Quote
Bahaha, Myself and all my priest friends have been benched in favour of Rshams and Rdruids for the tier unless changes happen, Ended up having a long winded discussion with my raid leader

"I'm sorry but given the state of priests right now we cannot afford having a disc or holy priest over any other type of healer simply because they offer so much more"

was the gist of it.
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Priest
Just checked the Logs for Stone Guard. 1st disc shows up on page 19 at #751.

I am in genuinely amazed at the profound incompetence shown by Blizz in balancing this x-pac.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm sure we'll get some changes soon, but Priest have always had to "work" harder. Unfortunately in my eyes WOL is very accurate.
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Priest
Tuning the numbers will help Holy.

Disc's problems are structural.

At this point, BOTH priest specs have the worst healing AND the worst utility among all the heal classes.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Didnt see this topic or would have posted in it instead of starting a new one. I listed the breakdown of the top 40 healers for each fight in mine for people too lazy to check WoL for themselves. Will just copy and paste it here as well. Also the only priests that even showed up were Holy:

Below is the top 40 breakdown in 25 mans for every boss:

The Stone Guard:
Not a single Priest in the top 40

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
2 priests in the top 40

Elegon
2 priests in the top 40

Feng The Accursed
2 priests in the top 40

The Spirit Kings
1 priest in the top 40

Will of the Emperor
2 priests in the top 40

So thats a total of 240 healing entries of which 9 were priests or 3.75%. Thats beyond unacceptable. How long was this expansion in Alpha and then in Beta? I feel like they spent about as much time working on Priest design as they did Diablo 3.
Edited by Saiina on 10/4/2012 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Dwarf Priest
Priests will be good, if not great....

Next X-pac
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Doubtful, I've been leveling my mage at every chance i can get in between farming everything else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was looking at the logs as well, and I am blown away by how overpowered and dominant Mistweavers are. Being a new class and spec, I expect something like that, but Blizzard knew the nerf the dps in beta, why didn't they nerf the heals more? Anyway, looking at logs, priests truly are the worst of the worst right now. I have seen some still taking disc priests for the purposes of barrier, but that's about it. Luckily for me, I'm willing to give Mistweaver a try, and I'm just in a "casual" guild so I can't be kicked to the curb for someone else since we only have two healers in the guild anyway :P, but I really hope they do something about this. It's rather ridiculous to have one class being completely obliterated by all others.

I still see top guilds using priests, but most of those priests are still the lowest heals in their group by quite a lot at that, except for a select few. Part of me thinks that just means priests have to try extra hard and know exactly what they're doing, but since there are very very very few even able to compete, I'm not sure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Next X-pac

/wrists

x2
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

/wrists

x2

You two both assume it will be fixed and not start out like Cata and MoP

:o
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Next X-pac

Nope. They'll tweak, patch, hotfix, tinker, twiddle on us until we are decent at the end of the expac, then they will do another total spec redesign and we'll start all over again!

Hopefully I'm wrong, I much prefer disc to holy but looks like I'm going the way of the Chakra if I'm going to be of any use to my raid. Glad I stocked up on the leather int heirlooms at the end of Cata though. May need a temporary reroll until things get back on track. /sadpriest.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
We'll all be better off just ditching the class. When nobody is healing content with Priests, they MAY decide to fix the class... maybe.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue

This game is broken.

Priests are slightly substandard. Kind of melodramatic to assert that the entire game is broken because of that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

This game is broken.

Priests are slightly substandard. Kind of melodramatic to assert that the entire game is broken because of that.

Maybe his game data is corrupted?
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Death Knight
Slightly substandard, Either this person is a troll or clearly ignorant to the whole problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]