Race Change?

90 Human Warrior
Is it worth it for a race change to a belf? I got a little bit bored, and some forumites suggest that I maybe bored of the human warrior animation. I also personally felt bored about it, and thinking on a race change. The only race I think I'm liking now are belves, but is it worth it to change both the race and faction? I am quite attached to my guild, and I quite like the look of SW, with its beautiful nature and scenery. People also often like to tease about male belfs. Would all of them be worth it for the nice looking battle animation and look of belfs? And would I have to pay twice, changing the race and faction for my char.? And how would I know how I'll look like as a blood elf? (Like if I will prefer the appearance selection or not) Thx alot! :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/04/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Gengkiskan
And would I have to pay twice, changing the race and faction for my char.?

A faction change comes with a race change. Race change is for when you want to stay with the same faction but a different race (Human to Dwarf for example).

The male human warrior animations are probably the most generic and bland of all the combat animations in the game. Even the human female animations for the warrior have a slight flourish to them that the male ones don't have.

And how would I know how I'll look like as a blood elf?

Not sure, as I've never done a race/faction change myself. And don't worry about the jokes and what-not. It's just because the male blood-elves are more of a stereotypical fantasy elf/fay character than any of the other elf types in WoW (ie, NOT He-Man macho).

If you're really liking the humans and the alliance side, perhaps you could do the appearance change and switch your character to a female human?

In-game character gender is not really an indicator of player gender as many players have characters of both genders, and a lot of guys are female-character heavy (with the logic that if they're going to spend a lot of time staring at a rear-end, it might as well be female).
Edited by Avanna on 10/4/2012 3:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
And how would I know how I'll look like as a blood elf? (Like if I will prefer the appearance selection or not)

I paid to faction change my shaman from a troll to a dwarf a while back. Basically when you first log in after the faction change goes through you get sent to a screen like the character creation screen where you recustomize your character as the new race. You get the choose all the visual customization options for the race-changed character the same as you would if you were making a new toon from scratch.
Reply Quote
And how would I know how I'll look like as a blood elf?

Another option is to just go make one and play it for a few levels.

As far as being bored, do you have any alts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Have been playing a worgen dk to 60, but got bored. I recently started a fresh new and I really like alt as a paladin, but human race. -_-...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/04/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Gengkiskan
Have been playing a worgen dk to 60, but got bored. I recently started a fresh new and I really like alt as a paladin, but human race. -_-...

So play a human. Some people like them, others don't. I'm in the group that thinks they look horrendously ugly, personally, but that's why I don't play them :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/04/2012 05:34 AMPosted by Drewb
Another option is to just go make one and play it for a few levels.

This. You have up to 50 character slots. Make some new characters in the race/class combinations you've been thinking about and try them out. You'll see most of their animations in the first 5 levels.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]